Help with booking Allure

Hi everyone, looking for some advice about staterooms on Allure. We're just about to book Allure for a Med cruise next year. Booking a ocean view balcony stateroom. My questions is what deck the travel agent can get us 6 to 9 but recommend 6.

What do you guys think? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hi everyone, looking for some advice about staterooms on Allure. We're just about to book Allure for a Med cruise next year. Booking a ocean view balcony stateroom. My questions is what deck the travel agent can get us 6 to 9 but recommend 6.

What do you guys think? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

6 or 8 for me

Those decks (6 to 9) would be fine with us. I'd also recommend being near an elevator lobby. I'd avoid being near the deck 7 aft elevator lobby because of the Boardwalk sign that stops you from passing between port and starboard there.

You'll be fine on any deck that does not have a public space above (think scraping deck chairs) or below (think noise from a club) your stateroom. Also consider port side or starboard. I believe starboard usually faces the cruise port when docked so port would look out to sea. Or think sunrise\sunset. On Oasis class, also research bed near the balcony or near the closet (too crowded when dressing). Too much to think about!

Enjoy the cruise!

We've had good success on Deck 9 on Oasis, and booked again on Deck 9 for Allure next year.

It provides the best of both worlds...a bit more privacy/quiet when you want it (especially a balcony room) and also easy/quick access to everything.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

We have been on 6 and will be again in Nov. Since we need an accessible cabin we are limited in choice.

I like 6 near the aft elevators as it is easy access for the places we like to go, JR's for breakfast, CP at lunch, CL in the evenings.

Either 6 or 8 would be good.

Are deck 6 or 8 noisy being so close to everything? We have my in laws coming who wouldn't like too much noise

The oceanview balcony staterooms are far removed from Central Park and the Boardwalk.