Best transport from Sea-Tac to downtown Seattle hotel?

lasnev

Just realized that we still don't have transportation to downtown Seattle. What would be our best option to a downtown hotel from Sea-Tac?

Thanks for your invaluable help!

Best means what ... cheapest? quickest? easiest with kids?

Yellow Cab is at the airport; about $40 to downtown depending on traffic conditions.

- http://www.eastsideforhire.com is a flat rate cab company and charges $30.

- Stila Towncar has the car service contract and the last time I walked by their kiosk it was $45 to downtown. Other car services can pick up passengers who have reservations.

- if you can easily manage your luggage to walk 8-10 minutes to the Light Rail station, it will cost $3 for the 40 minute ride downtown. Depending on where your hotel is, you may have to walk a bit more.

- Shuttle Express partners with many hotels downtown. $18pp and kids are free.

Best would be straight to the hotel without getting stuck in traffic. I was reading that the Seattle area gets pretty congested from early morning, but not sure if the train gets close to the hotels, and if it would be too much going around with a suitcase.

Also, from our hotel downtown to the pier would a cab be our best option?

Thanks again!

Best would be straight to the hotel without getting stuck in traffic. I was reading that the Seattle area gets pretty congested from early morning, but not sure if the train gets close to the hotels, and if it would be too much going around with a suitcase.

Also, from our hotel downtown to the pier would a cab be our best option?

Thanks again!

I'd reserve eastsideforhire for Seatac to hotel. Not metered so the charge will be the same regardless of congestion.

You don't say which pier. Pier 91 is the furthest away, 5-6 miles north of downtown; a cab will be about $20.

o a cab will be about $20.

I'd reserve eastsideforhire for Seatac to hotel. Not metered so the charge will be the same regardless of congestion.

You don't say which pier. Pier 91 is the furthest away, 5-6 miles north of downtown; a cab will be about $20.

Thanks, that is definitely our best option, as there are four of us adults with 4 suitcases, and they have minivan service for a little extra!

Thanks, that is definitely our best option, as there are four of us adults with 4 suitcases, and they have minivan service for a little extra!

I've used them a few times now and have been really happy with the service. They wait at a site a few blocks away; you call when you have your luggage and tell them which exit door you're at; they tell you the cab # to watch for, and up at the curb in a few minutes.