Boarding time email

Today I received an email from RCI saying that due to limited space at the Galveston terminal, they want to board us by decks. This is ok with me, as I was planning a somewhat later boarding, anyway. We would like the flexibility if we get board after breakfast, and before 1pm But how much do they enforce this? I've only ever read on here to board when you want, pros and cons of early and later boarding. Also, I've read parties can board together. We have two cabins on deck 7 and one on 12. Any problem boarding as a family? Should we use deck 7 time or deck 10 time (deck 12 wasn't in the email)?

Also, I'm somewhat mobility challenged. I haven't used my recent condition to get special considerations. My doctor was adamant I get handicap tags, but like I said, I don't use it. My biggest issue with pain/comfort is standing for long periods if time, like waiting in line to board. If I'm having a bad pain day, is there skip the lines line for physically challenged? How would I prove it besides my cane and car hang tag? I'll only use it if it's a bad day.

I, Merion Mom, give you permission to arrive at Galveston terminal whenever you wish and board whenever you wish.

Seriously, I doubt that you will have any difficulty just showing up when you want. I think that they are trying to spread things out, but if "most" people follow the schedule, the rest won't make any difference in the efficiency of the process.

Go for it.

And please, if you tire easily, accept assistance. You don't want to start off your cruise on the wrong foot...........literally.

Bon Voyage!

:)

Agree..accept the assistance..RCI is very good about offering it..however they may only let one family member accompany you through this assisted boarding area process...we noticed this on our recent RCI Alaska northbound cruise as it happened in front of where we happened to be in line..Best of health to you and enjoy your cruise.

I, Merion Mom, give you permission to arrive at Galveston terminal whenever you wish and board whenever you wish.

Seriously, I doubt that you will have any difficulty just showing up when you want. I think that they are trying to spread things out, but if "most" people follow the schedule, the rest won't make any difference in the efficiency of the process.

Go for it.

And please, if you tire easily, accept assistance. You don't want to start off your cruise on the wrong foot...........literally.

Bon Voyage!

:)

I agree, I have seen these request before but never seen them enforced.

CanDMan, Accept help getting onboard! They are very accomodating! They take 1 look at my DH & send us to a special line or get him a wheelchair. We had 1 problem boarding in Tampa, because they didn't want our DD's to go w/us (they are in mid 20's), but we were in a FOV & had 1 Sail pass for all 4 of us. If they didn't come with us, they wouldn't get thru security. All in all, they are very helpful!!! Plus, it takes all my husband's energy just to get on board. With their help, he can save some energy & enjoy the cruise. Barbara