Our 3 day Bermuda Vacation

Flopthis25

I thought I would share what we did while in Bermuda.

We bought the ferry/bus pass, and used it almost every day. Well worth the money.

Day 1- we got off our ship around noon and waited in obnoxious bus lines to go with the herd to Horseshoe Bay. We went, we saw, kids swam, we left. I thought it was a nice beach. Lots of seaweed (orange stuff?) floating around and touching my legs. Creeped me out. Road the bus back. Showered and fueled up. We took the ferry to Hamilton for Harbour Nights. It was OK. We did our souvenir shopping there. Good music. I love street fairs, and walking around looking at the local artist's goodies. Headed back to the ship around 9.

Day 2- We missed the St. George ferry. Thankfully we talked to Aunt Geri at the ferry pier and she directed us to take the ferry to Hamilton, and then the bus to St. George. We went to Fort St. Catherine. (We really wish we would've taken a cab there, it was too long of a walk for us) My husband and his dad went into the fort, my MIL and I went to the restaurant nearby. We were exhausted and overheated by the time we got there. We ate at The Beach House right on Achilles Bay. Excellent food. BEAUTIFUL BEACH. Much nicer than Horseshoe. We stayed for a couple hours. The kid's went swimming. The nice people at the restaurant called for a van that took us back to St. George for free. Very nice people! I walked through St. Peter's Church. (oldest church in western hemisphere- 402 years old) It was beautiful. We then waited for the next ferry and headed back to the ship. We were completely exhausted (I napped on the ferry on the way back). We showered and fueled up. Went on the Night glass bottom Bermuda Triangle tour. It was OK. My kids liked it. Went back to ship and fell asleep as soon as we hit the bed!

Day 3- I did some shopping around the Dockyard. I really wish I went to the Glassworks place the day before. I really wanted a glass blown cross for my mom. They said it was a special order and takes at least a day to make. (With an island that has so many churches, I didn't see one cross for sale.) I got my dad some Bermuda Fudge. The kids wanted to go parasailing. We reserved a time at the pink hut. They had a BLAST! They said it was the highlight of their trip. Captain Mike was really nice and very informative. By then we headed back to the ship to get ready for the sail away.

Very nice trip.

What would be the best time to leave from the ship for the Harbor night?

Sorry, just saw this. We ate at Taste, right at 5:30, told the server we were in a bit of a hurry. Still took about an hour to eat. Just barely caught the 6:30 ferry. I wouldn't leave any later than that, you will miss the dancers.