Alaskan cruise question

Cougardave

We're going on an Alaskan cruise for the first time on July 5th. I understand the weather is unpredictable so we need to be prepared. But what about when we're aboard the Westerdam? Do people wear shorts and summer clothes? Is the ship cold?

I saw a lot of people in shorts, and I found some parts of boat felt like the ac was on full blast. Just traveled on the westerdam may 31 to June 7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by gina06

I've gone from sweatshirt & jacket to lightweight summer clothes in the same day. It really is changeable there! Most of the time, though, if shorts would be in order, slacks are fine, too. It's the tops that need adjusting more often.

Have been to Alaska many times.... Just bring "layers" and a hat. With layers and water proof lightweight rain jacket, you will be fine. If you really want to be spotted as a tourist, bring an umbrella too! HA...

We experienced temps on the 50's in Juneau, the upper 30's in Glacier Bay and the mid 70's in Sitka and Ketchikan. So we went from bundled up outside to sunning by the pools and coming home with a sun tan.

Inside it felt not much cooler than on any of the Caribbean cruises we have been on, though looking at pictures I see a more jeans vs shorts indoors.

Edited by Boytjie