escalator on Oasis

CU64

I understand there is one Starboard Forward

Q.....is it really high? enclosed? or God forbid glass?

I walk stairs but can be claustrophobic and don't want to get caught with

something I can't handle!.......

It was recommended to take for getting off early but needing to "grip hand rail".....

any feedback appreciated.

I seem to recall a short escalator between two of the bottom decks, which we used for getting on & off in ports ... the only time they were used, at least by passengers. The lower deck was a crew deck, the one with "Route 95" running through ...

On Allure also, I also seem to recall ...

No escalators but there are banks of elevators forward and midship.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=OA

Yes there is escalator on both the Oasis and Allure. It's used to minimize elevator usage after docking to let passengers off than later when people are returning to port. Location of the escalator can be seen on deck 4 aft of the Deck Plans.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Yes there is escalator on both the Oasis and Allure. It's used to minimize elevator usage after docking to let passengers off than later when people are returning to port. Location of the escalator can be seen on deck 4 aft of the Deck Plans.

Thanks.

I know there is exculastors on the Oasis and the Allure. They are used when you walk off at your port of calls on the Gangway deck. Other than that, I dont remember seeing them anywhere else

I know there is exculastors on the Oasis and the Allure. They are used when you walk off at your port of calls on the Gangway deck. Other than that, I dont remember seeing them anywhere else

That is their only location and they are only used at port of call disembarkation and embarkation. They are one deck only and open as a standard escalator would be.

just ask to use the elevator. They let handicapped people use it. Ask the crew person who is at the escalator.

Really ? :confused:

It's much safer for Handicapped passengers to take the elevator. In fact being disabled I was directed by the Allure Security to take the elevator and NOT the escalator . There's potentially big liability issue in allowing handicapped people to right that elevator that I believe RCCL would want to avoid if possible.

Edited by xxoocruiser

That is their only location and they are only used at port of call disembarkation and embarkation. They are one deck only and open as a standard escalator would be.

I am not handicapped and never use the elevator unless absolutely necessary.