Yay price drop!!

SLCfirsttimer

I love the price drop feature here on CC. Was able to find a $50 PP drop on our November cruise. Not a huge drop, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Way to Go!...........It's always a good feeling!

I got my TA to telephone Princess as I saw that our next cruise on 8th Sept had been reduced for our stateroom category by £100, today is 75 days before we cruise.

My TA has just got back to say that Princess will not reduce as it has to be outside of 180 days before the cruise :mad:

Edited by magandy

I did not get a price drop, but I did get us moved to a better location today. When I booked our upcoming cruise a couple of weeks ago, the only balcony cabins showing up as available on the Caribe Deck at a good price were either near the bow or near the stern. When checking today, a lot more cabins were available. I got our travel agent to switch us to a new cabin, away from the bow of the ship, staying in the same category.

I love the price drop feature here on CC. Was able to find a $50 PP drop on our November cruise. Not a huge drop, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

What is the price drop feature on CC? Never heard of it. How do I access it?:confused:

What is the price drop feature on CC? Never heard of it. How do I access it?:confused:

On the main CC page, it's about 1/3 if the way down in the middle. After you click on it you can narrow down by month, cruise line, departure port , etc... It will tell you if prices have gone down on your sailing and show which cabin classes.

Here is a link to it as well. Hope you find one!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/?src=tocc_sm

On the main CC page, it's about 1/3 if the way down in the middle. After you click on it you can narrow down by month, cruise line, departure port , etc... It will tell you if prices have gone down on your sailing and show which cabin classes.

I didn't even know this existed. Thanks for the information.

I saw a price drop with new OBC. My TA said we'd lose our full deposit if we wanted to change for this deal. ??? Anyone else ever had this response?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like your original booking had a non-refundable deposit.

We just booked two B2B cruises on the "Bucket List Sale" which both have non-refundable deposits. Of course, the deposits were made with $100 future cruise credits so it would be no great loss if a more amazing deal came along, but I would be surprised if we see a better deal than the one we have. Currently we have FREE gratuities on both cruises, and considerable OBC from both Princess and our TA, as well as our military and stockholder credits.

Sometimes you just have to sit down and work out all the angles and ramifications of rebooking.

I saw a price drop with new OBC. My TA said we'd lose our full deposit if we wanted to change for this deal. ??? Anyone else ever had this response?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a price drop on our cruise. My TA called Princess and they dropped the cruise price and also gave us the OBC as well. We were not able to get the free gratuities because we also had the non-refundable deposit and had to rebook a balcony cabin which is about $800.00 more than what we were paying so we did not rebook. As PunkiC said you have to work out all the angles and see which is best suited for you.

Princess actually suggested if you booked with a FCC and want to cancel, then call them and put your deposit on a credit card and withdraw your FCC as a deposit. This way you save the FCC for a future cruise and not lose the OBC for the next cruise. My take on all of this.

Edited by diverward

Princess actually suggested if you booked with a FCC and want to cancel, then call them and put your deposit on a credit card and withdraw your FCC as a deposit. This way you save the FCC for a future cruise and not lose the OBC for the next cruise. My take on all of this.

That would only work if the deposit you would have to now put down would only be $100, not the normal higher deposit.

I use the price drop tool but it doesn't always seem to catch the price drops - and it won't catch the ones that are just for a day or so.

I try to check on pricing for my upcoming cruises myself when I can. We booked an inside cabin for a 10 day to Mexico in November. I later changed to an OV for less money and then, today, I rebooked that same OV for still less.

It's only a total saving of $270 (so far!) but it's money in my pocket rather than giving it to Princess. I'll continue to monitor pricing and will hopefully get another drop before we sail. (Of course it would be nice if the ship sold out and I was upgraded to a balcony. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.)

Thank you for the link. Added it My Favorites.:D:D

I just noticed a price drop for our Jan, 2015 Mexico cruise. I called TA and received $160 price drop AND they added on additional OBC. I am pretty excited as this is my first time to get a price drop! YAY!!!!! : )