Neptune Suite Advice/Veendam

bookmomma

Congratulations on the Neptune Suite! As others have said, you will love it (and the space) and be spoiled from now on.

My suggestion is to check the website and be sure you know the amenities associated with the Neptune Suite. More than once I've met another passenger who had NOT been aware of certain amenities, like the Pinnacle breakfast, priority tendering off the ship, etc. Remember, too, that the concierge will do for you whatever the Front Desk does ... so it saves you trekking down to the Front Desk.

Great advice!! If you wait until you are onboard to find out the perks, you will get so caught up in everything that you will overlook some. Also, be sure to read the posts on this board about the Neptune Suites - you will find some great advice and ideas.

Enjoy (I am sure you will).

DaveOKC

I've seen it, but I also saw the new Ninja system. I just upgraded from my old one. The vitamix is great but I just couldn't justify paying 3 times the price for an equal product that actually had more options (like the food processing attachment included).

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SHERILYNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...................

I thought this was all over. I got another offer just now to upgrade, not only to a neptune suite but to the penthouse. Shoot. Sigh, Sigh, sigh, Let me see, how many Ninja's would I be passing up? Any cheaper blenders??????

Another vote for the ninja.... Got one ( small one, not sure what sherlyn has) for < $25 at target. Ive used it for cooking and pureeing foods for my elderly mom. It beats my kitchen aide and cuisinart models hands down. ( both were well over $200)

Is there cruise life in other cabins after a penthouse? :)

I've done it twice. On the Oosterdam and the Westerdam. Different ships, different rules once again.

We have swapped the Welcome Aboard sparkling wine on just about every cruise. I am sure we did so on Maasdam, Veendam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam, Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and every other 'dam' ship but for Prinsendam. :)

SHERILYNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...................

I thought this was all over. I got another offer just now to upgrade, not only to a neptune suite but to the penthouse. Shoot. Sigh, Sigh, sigh, Let me see, how many Ninja's would I be passing up? Any cheaper blenders??????

Lol, well here's the link to what I just upgraded to (this offer has the extra attachments and free shipping on it from their infomercial). I had the ninja pro (not the blender but the model before it) previously.

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/products/ninja-mega-kitchen-system-bl770/cpc/ngxii/?&utm_medium=Infomercial&utm_campaign=Offer12M%5bR,L%5d

You should take the offer to the Neptune, it is a very nice room. :)

Edited by sherilyn70

Lol, well here's the link to what I just upgraded to (this offer has the extra attachments and free shipping on it from their infomercial). I had the ninja pro (not the blender but the model before it) previously.

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/products/ninja-mega-kitchen-system-bl770/cpc/ngxii/?&utm_medium=Infomercial&utm_campaign=Offer12M%5bR,L%5d

You should take the offer to the Neptune, it is a very nice room. :)

Made the call! Vitamix or Ninja can wait until September. Thanks for the encouragement but they wore me down.

Made the call! Vitamix or Ninja can wait until September. Thanks for the encouragement but they wore me down.

Congrats and enjoy it! While there isn't a lot of downtime on this cruise it is nice to have a nice big comfy room to come back to for quiet time. I watched the movies from the day before in my room every afternoon/evening.

How were the movies, Sherilyn? Do you remember what any of them were? I bet many will be the same on our voyage and am curious...

Labor day

Mr Peabody and Sherman

About Time

Osage County

The Man Behind the Poster

Grudge Match

The Lego Movie

I watched most of them. They also had Silver Linings, Snitch, Oz (the newest one), 123 Pelham, and a few other ones on the other channels.

Good for you!! Congratulations. I am on the same cruise and they emailed me three times (each time 50 dollars pp cheaper) for the upsell to the Neptune suite. I couldn't justify it for just my daughter and I but teetered dangerously close to doing it for just the BALCONY alone. Sadly, a new vitamix was calling louder!!! lol Have fun. Enjoy the amenities. Good choice. Very jealous.

Oh, please don't tell my DH that I was supposed to make a choice between my new Vitamix and my upcoming Neptune suite! LOL

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

Oh, please don't tell my DH that I was supposed to make a choice between my new Vitamix and my upcoming Neptune suite! LOL

Lol, we won't tell since we clearly all appreciate cruising in nice rooms and good kitchen equipment. :p

Don't forget to use the great coffee machine in Neptune. So much better than what you get from the Lido or room service for breakfast!

The refrigerated 'dome' server in Neptune has items for breakfast (light), finger sandwiches at lunch time and canapés for cocktail time, as well as items on the breakfront that don't need refrigeration.

Enjoy the suite, but don't be surprised if you find the need to book one on all future cruises. As has been mentioned earlier, they are addicting!

We were most recently in a Neptune Suite on the Veendam (an upsell about a month out from the cruise) and you will indeed have a wonderful experience. The concierge will soon know what treats your children like and will try to have those for them; speak up about what you're especially enjoying as you chat with the concierge staff; you're likely to find it provided more often than it usually is. (There's a rotating menu for what goodies are out each day; it's not the same very day.) I can echo the "not fancy" assurances; you may even see bathrobes in there although I don't recommend it! If your cabin is really close to the Neptune Lounge you can run stuff over to the cabin in a couple of trips, just leaving both doors open and the staff will help you. If you're a little ways away, you might take your ice bucket tray--or a kid to help carry. Of course you can just eat in the Neptune too.

I am envious already, thinking of your family sitting out on the verandah with cappuccino coffees, hot chocolates for the kids and a plate of pecan rolls, along with glasses of fresh-squeezed orange juice to start the day with this "starter" course before you wander down to the Pinnacle for a proper breakfast.

We were most recently in a Neptune Suite on the Veendam (an upsell about a month out from the cruise) and you will indeed have a wonderful experience. The concierge will soon know what treats your children like and will try to have those for them; speak up about what you're especially enjoying as you chat with the concierge staff; you're likely to find it provided more often than it usually is. (There's a rotating menu for what goodies are out each day; it's not the same very day.) I can echo the "not fancy" assurances; you may even see bathrobes in there although I don't recommend it! If your cabin is really close to the Neptune Lounge you can run stuff over to the cabin in a couple of trips, just leaving both doors open and the staff will help you. If you're a little ways away, you might take your ice bucket tray--or a kid to help carry. Of course you can just eat in the Neptune too.

I am envious already, thinking of your family sitting out on the verandah with cappuccino coffees, hot chocolates for the kids and a plate of pecan rolls, along with glasses of fresh-squeezed orange juice to start the day with this "starter" course before you wander down to the Pinnacle for a proper breakfast.

What a lovely post, Marney.

You transported me, for a moment, aboard the very special Maasdam/Veendam. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Labor day

Mr Peabody and Sherman

About Time

Osage County

The Man Behind the Poster

Grudge Match

The Lego Movie

I watched most of them. They also had Silver Linings, Snitch, Oz (the newest one), 123 Pelham, and a few other ones on the other channels.

Just off the Veendam this morning and those look like the same movies from last week.

(Sail7Seas) What a lovely post, Marney.

You transported me, for a moment, aboard the very special Maasdam/Veendam.

Why, thank you Sail! How kind of you. I don't know about you, but it just takes me a few seconds to take myself mentally right back to a favorite ship and for just a tiny while, I'm there, and enjoying the relaxation and sense of ease that comes from that marvelous experience. I'm never tired of it.

And I'd bet something like that's been comforting to you too.