What would you do??

Boardwalk view on the Oasis eastern itinerary or aft balcony on the Jewel southern route.What would you do and why?price of cabin and airfare identical.:confused:

I would do Jewel, for the opportunity to try an aft balcony. Ports already to me are just stops when I may not even get off the ship, so to be able to try something new would be welcome.

We enjoyed Jewel last summer when we cruised on her and had a great time....so doing it again with a different cabin type would be fine.

Edited by Paulette3028

Even though I am an aft cabin lover, and the southern Caribbean is my favorite, I also love the Allure/Oasis.

If prices, etc. are equal, I think you need to ask yourself what do you enjoy - if shows, entertainment, ice show, several specialty dining locations, truly a unique, awesome ship, are important to you - do the Oasis. If you are looking for a quieter, probably more relaxing time, more of a "regular" cruise, then I would pick the Jewel.

Also, how important are the various ports of call? Need to think about that also - where have you been before? Again, what do you enjoy doing on shore?

The Oasis is amaxing - never have found the Allure/Oasis any more crowded than any other ship.

Well, if you want a cup of coffee or a snack after midnight I would go with the Oasis.

If you like more ports and the Southern Caribbean (my favorite) the Jewel would be the way to go, unless you can get on the Adventure of the Seas, which has a promenade that is open 24/7.

They are really two different types of vacation. The Oasis is fun and so much to do with lots of options for dining. We enjoyed the ship and went twice , different itinerary each time. I liked the jewel as well, but it is smaller and more like a traditional ship. The Southern ports are great and I would not hesitate to book that cruise. I guess it would be like choosing between Disney and Hawaii. ::)

Edited by misty57

They are really two different types of vacation. The Oasis is fun and so much to do with lots of options for dining. We enjoyed the ship and went twice , different itinerary each time. I liked the jewel as well, but it is smaller and more like a traditional ship. The Southern ports are great and I would not hesitate to book that cruise. I guess it would be like choosing between Disney and Hawaii. ::)

This would be why we would choose both.

The fact that the two cruises are so different from each other, it really depends on what you want. Lots of ports- Jewel. Lots of ship- Oasis. Traditional- Jewel; more of a floating resort- Oasis. Some really good entertainment- Jewel, LOTS of good entertainment- Oasis.

It would be really tough to choose between them, unless I had a specific goal.

We've done the southern itinerary 4 times on the adventure, and the 3'rd Eastern of the big three this weekend. Both are great in their own ways.

So this post is of no real help... :)