making flight in orlando

As long as there are no delays with arrival or customs, you should be fine. I'd also opt for self-assist disembarkation if you are able. If you don't do self-assist, make sure you have an early luggage tag number by visiting Guest Relations.

Edited by clarea

We too will be leaving the FOS on 9/7 with a 12:30 flight. Still haven't decided which transportation company we are using.

The most mentioned on these boards are Travelynx, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, and Executive VIP.

we have an 11:30am flight out of Melborne, Florida. I plan on walking my bags off the ship too. Never occured to me that I have an "early" flight. I'd think that's plenty of time to get to the airport especially if we have a car parked at the port. What do you think?

we have an 11:30am flight out of Melborne, Florida. I plan on walking my bags off the ship too. Never occured to me that I have an "early" flight. I'd think that's plenty of time to get to the airport especially if we have a car parked at the port. What do you think?

Having private transportation, whether your own or a car service, makes all the difference. IMO, you should be just fine.

hi, I am checking this with you guys because then I will be sure. we are getting off thee freedom on 9/7..a private car will meet us and bring us to mco. will we make a 12:06 flight?

Be prepared for the nervous traveler brigade. Merely suggesting that you might attempt to make a flight with less than 60 hours of buffer between disembarkation gets them all positively hot and bothered. There could be a customs delay, traffic jam, car trouble, terrorist attack, locusts! Don't forget about the locusts!!!!!

Melbourne is only a half hour south of there, but if you have car parked at the port, why are you flying. Just askin....

You should be fine..

As other suggested walk you luggage off. Pack light if you have to

Also we had friend who used those shrink bags (had the room steward vaccume them seal too) carry their bags off very easy.

Cathy

Melbourne is only a half hour south of there, but if you have car parked at the port, why are you flying. Just askin....

We figure Melbourne wil be easy to get through security too. Don't know why we haven't used this airport before when MCO and the toll roads just don't make sense. We have friends cruising with us that are driving and they're picking us up .

We figure Melbourne wil be easy to get through security too. Don't know why we haven't used this airport before when MCO and the toll roads just don't make sense. We have friends cruising with us that are driving and they're picking us up .

Highly depends on your home airport. When we've looked at using MLB, the flights choices were much fewer, prices were higher, and we couldn't get a nonstop flight.

You will love Melbourne airport, it is so relaxing:D. We always check to see if we can fly out of Melbourne first

You will love Melbourne airport, it is so relaxing:D. We always check to see if we can fly out of Melbourne first

We kind of "backed into it" without realizing it was such a good deal for us. We were going to drive from Tennessee but weren't looking forward to the ALL DAY drive back home on Sunday to be at work on Monday after a cruise. But, the prices were much higher than we wanted to pay. I was looking around on a travel website and it suggested alternate airports for less money. Dummy me had to even look at a MAP to see where MLB was! Ha! When I saw it's actually closer (about) than MCO to the Port we couldn't' pass it up!