Star in dry dock in March 2015..What changes will take place?

dongordon

It appears from the posts I have been reading, that the Star will be in dry dock in March 2015.

What changes are anticipated at that time for the ship?

Also, is the Star older than the Dawn?

Don

It appears from the posts I have been reading, that the Star will be in dry dock in March 2015.

What changes are anticipated at that time for the ship?

Also, is the Star older than the Dawn?

Don

Hi Don!

What posts did you see?

We're booked on the Star for a cruise after March next year, so I'd be curious to know what changes might be made too!

Haven't been on the Star since our Mexican Riviera grip a few years ago. Seems like we'll be on a revitalized ship when we see her again!

Thank You!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Regular maintenance plus moving Moderno besides Cagney's, changing Star Bar to Sugarcane Mojito Bar and changing the whole deck 8 area around the atrium (currently Moderno and Blue Lagoon) to O'Sheehan's.

In other words, the same as they will do to all Dawn class and Jewel class ships on next drydock visit.

Hi Don!

What posts did you see?

We're booked on the Star for a cruise after March next year, so I'd be curious to know what changes might be made too!

Haven't been on the Star since our Mexican Riviera grip a few years ago. Seems like we'll be on a revitalized ship when we see her again!

Thank You!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This post stated that the Star was in dry dock in March 2015 and I also noticed it in another post somewhere on the boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2062476

We are doing a Transatlantic on the Star in late April and it will be nice to be on "revitalized ship" (as you stated) when we take that cruise! :)

I loved the Dawn, so I am looking forward to the Star having never cruised on it. The Dawn was my first NCL ship and because of that cruise, I became a huge NCL fan! :D

Don

This post stated that the Star was in dry dock in March 2015 and I also noticed it in another post somewhere on the boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2062476

We are doing a Transatlantic on the Star in late April and it will be nice to be on "revitalized ship" (as you stated) when we take that cruise! :)

I loved the Dawn, so I am looking forward to the Star having never cruised on it. The Dawn was my first NCL ship and because of that cruise, I became a huge NCL fan! :D

Don

http://www.ncl.com/next

From Norwegian's website it does show the STAR will be having a drydock in 2015.

Can you tell me the differences between the Star & the Sun, keeping in mind what has been said below. Thanks

The two ships are of different "classes". The Star is of the Dawn class (which makes me think that the Dawn is older than the Star), and the Sun is the Sun class. The only other Sun class ship is the Sky. The Sun is 848 feet long with 1936 passengers; the Star is 965 feet long with 2348 passengers. I've been on both, but it's been over 10 years since I've been on the Sun.

The Sun still has their Observation Lounge (Spinnaker on other ships.) at the front of the ship, and has the Great Outdoors at the aft. There is no spa to join on the Sun, though they have free steam rooms and saunas. The Star's spa is at the aft of the ship about where the Great Outdoors is on the Sun.

The Sun's staterooms are some of the largest of the fleet. It was my first cruise, and I remember when getting on my next cruise, which was in a balcony on the Pearl in about the same place, how much smaller it was. I notice immediately as I came into the room.

Check out the aft penthouses on the Sun, and you'll see why its on my bucket list to cruise in one of these!

The two ships are of different "classes". The Star is of the Dawn class (which makes me think that the Dawn is older than the Star)' date=' and the Sun is the Sun class. The only other Sun class ship is the Sky. The Sun's staterooms are some of the largest of the fleet. It was my first cruise, and I remember when getting on my next cruise, which was in a balcony on the Pearl in about the same place, how much smaller it was. I notice immediately as I came into the room.

Check out the aft penthouses on the Sun, and you'll see why its on my bucket list to cruise in one of these![/quote']

I wonder if you're thinking of the Sky, which was a Costa ship before it was an NCL. Apparently it was built in 1993. The Sun & Star were christened in Miami together in 2001. The Dawn entered service in 2002 about a year later than the Star and Sun.

A little history if interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Sun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Sky

Enjoy your cruises.

Hi Margaret.....

How are you and Steve doing?

What future cruises do you have planned.

Send my regards to your "Crazy Steve" and the rest of the NUTZ!

Thanks for the information! :)

Don

I Don, We're both doing great...just busy as usual this time of the year.

BREAKAWAY12/14/14

BREAKAWAY1/4/15

GEM 1/31/15

DAWN 4/19/15

GEM 12/13/15

BREAKAWAY 1/15/16 & 1/17/16

GEM 3/2/16

There's the current list of our future cruises, we have many of the Nutz joining us on several of the cruises....and adding new nutty friends all the time. Hopefully we'll cross paths on a ship again...:)

I Don, We're both doing great...just busy as usual this time of the year.

BREAKAWAY12/14/14

BREAKAWAY1/4/15

GEM 1/31/15

DAWN 4/19/15

GEM 12/13/15

BREAKAWAY 1/15/16 & 1/17/16

GEM 3/2/16

There's the current list of our future cruises, we have many of the Nutz joining us on several of the cruises....and adding new nutty friends all the time. Hopefully we'll cross paths on a ship again...:)

Hey Margaret....

Sounds like you have some great cruises coming up! :)

Is Maria joining you on any of them? Gotta see Maria and Steve's antics on a roll call! :D

Send Vinny, Debbie and Maria my regards as well.

Hopefully, we will see the NUTZ Gang again on an NCL ship in the future.

Happy Cruising!

Don

the two ships are of different "classes". The star is of the dawn class (which makes me think that the dawn is older than the star)' date=' and the sun is the sun class. The only other sun class ship is the sky. The sun is 848 feet long with 1936 passengers; the star is 965 feet long with 2348 passengers. I've been on both, but it's been over 10 years since i've been on the sun.

The sun still has their observation lounge (spinnaker on other ships.) at the front of the ship, and has the great outdoors at the aft. There is no spa to join on the sun, though they have free steam rooms and saunas. The star's spa is at the aft of the ship about where the great outdoors is on the sun.

The sun's staterooms are some of the largest of the fleet. It was my first cruise, and i remember when getting on my next cruise, which was in a balcony on the pearl in about the same place, how much smaller it was. I notice immediately as i came into the room.

Check out the aft penthouses on the sun, and you'll see why its on my bucket list to cruise in one of these![/quote']

; )

;)

I saw Don's screen name at the beginning of this post and clicked on it.....Don, remember me, Robin aka Julie the cruise director from Merrick? We sailed the Dawn together and you gave me a white captain's hat. NOW I'm sailing Breakaway with Margaret and Steve and some of these NUTZ.....interesting how the people of CC intermingle and connect with one another!!!

I saw Don's screen name at the beginning of this post and clicked on it.....Don, remember me, Robin aka Julie the cruise director from Merrick? We sailed the Dawn together and you gave me a white captain's hat. NOW I'm sailing Breakaway with Margaret and Steve and some of these NUTZ.....interesting how the people of CC intermingle and connect with one another!!!

Hi Robin...yes, it is a small "Cruise Critic World!" :)

I am sure you will have a great time with Steve and the rest of the NUTZ.

Steve set up a Margarita and Martini Clinic for our roll call on our Breakaway cruise and it was lots of fun. We all had these different "booze t-shirts" we wore to the event.

Mine said..

one tequila

two tequila

three tequila

FLOOR!!

Hopefully, he will set it up for your cruise in January.

I loved the Breakaway....the entertainment was unbeatable.

You will really enjoy this ship.

I hope we all meet again on a future cruise. :)

Don

Hi Robin...yes, it is a small "Cruise Critic World!" :)

I am sure you will have a great time with Steve and the rest of the NUTZ.

Steve set up a Margarita and Martini Clinic for our roll call on our Breakaway cruise and it was lots of fun. We all had these different "booze t-shirts" we wore to the event.

Mine said..

one tequila

two tequila

three tequila

FLOOR!!

Hopefully, he will set it up for your cruise in January.

I loved the Breakaway....the entertainment was unbeatable.

You will really enjoy this ship.

I hope we all meet again on a future cruise. :)

Don

Hey Don! I am on the sailing before you, maybe I will see you in the port!

Hey Don! I am on the sailing before you, maybe I will see you in the port!

Hey Cathy.....

Are you on the Panama Canal cruise?

I did the Panama Canal cruise in the 80's

One of my favorite cruises.

I would love to do it again, but I heard that after 2015, NCL is discontinuing the Panama Canal cruises.

Are you cruising with the NUTZ on any future cruises?

Maybe we will see each other at the port!! :)

Don