Help me decide on a formal dress!

laneyliz

I can't decide which dress to buy for formal night!

Dress 1:

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?productId=570102294&prd=Sleeveless%20OvertheShoulder%20Instantly%20Slimming%20Dress

I would style it with a pearl necklace and bracelet, very classic.

Dress 2 (can't decide if it is too casual):

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?productId=570102243&prd=Lace%20Fit%20%20Flare%20Dress

Dress 3 (love it, but would probably never wear it again, except maybe for a future cruise)

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?productId=570104236&prd=Strapless%20Sweetheart%20Gown

Any opinions?

I think #1 is a classic and is very pretty. #2 for formal night would depend on the cruiseline and as I haven't been on RCI I will have to let others comment. #3 is very elegant and a pretty color and would be a nice dress to keep for future cruises or other events.

Edited by alibabacruisers

I would go for both 1 & 3, 1 is so versatile, classic and very flattering, 3 is a really lovely dress for formal occasions, even if you only get to wear it on cruises, really lovely choices.

Edited by jayne62

This is one of my favorite stores! I wore an instantly slimming dress from there on our last cruise. I was able to dress it up for the cruise and can also wear it other places. I would go with that one.

P.S. I'm wearing a dress from there in this pic, but it's not one of instantly slimming ones. I love their dresses!

Edited by TJV123

I love #2 and #3. I don't think #2 is too casual for RCI at all. #3 is very pretty and I love a classic gown. On our last RCI cruise, I wore a floor length gown on first formal night and a cocktail dress a little more casual than your #2 on second night and I was not at all out of place either night.

I've never tried the instantly slimming dress, but unless you need "slimming," I can't imagine #1 would be comfortable. If "slimming" is an issue for your body type, I say go with an A-line style and still look great but be comfortable.

I've never tried the instantly slimming dress, but unless you need "slimming," I can't imagine #1 would be comfortable. If "slimming" is an issue for your body type, I say go with an A-line style and still look great but be comfortable.

The great thing about those dresses is that they are comfortable and make your body look fantastic even if you do not need slimming .

I love the style of # 3, so if it fit my body type (I don't think it would), that would be my choice.

The LBD is always classy and versatile--I have one very similar to that. I also like #2 and don't think it's too casual; it is pretty young though--but then I am talking from a 69 year old perspective.