Disney Shuttle - multiple stops?

Looking at taking one of the ship's bus transfers from Port Canaveral to Disney Aug 24. Does the shuttle stop at every park or are the busses designated for specific parks and go directly one only.

We are in port 10:30am-9:30pm, I believe the bus will expect us back on at 7pm, is that correct?

Thanks!

Karen

Edited by shoppergirl10

Looking at taking one of the ship's bus transfers from Port Canaveral to Disney Aug 24. Does the shuttle stop at every park or are the busses designated for specific parks and go directly one only.

We are in port 10:30am-9:30pm, I believe the bus will expect us back on at 7pm, is that correct?

Thanks!

Karen

I thought it went to the main ticket center.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks!

Karen

they stop only at TTC.. you will then need to take the monorail to EPCOT or MK or a bus to HS or AK.

honestly the day trip to Disney is not worth it, you really cannot do even one park justice and the cost of a ticket for one day is ridiculous.

we ran into a family that had done it and when thy got back on board at the end of the day they were cranky overtired and had experienced a lot of stress all the way round.

Thanks!

Karen

If it helps, here is a link to a thread I started askign some questions about the shuttle service to Disney. There is some good info here. Hope it helps.

Ps. I see you will be at Port Canaveral the same time as us. Are on on the Grandeur? (You might actually be on the same ship as us.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2061318

Duh, just read your signature and see that you are on the Grandeur. Not sure if you saw it or not, but we have a great Roll call going for our cruise. Very active roll call, with a lot fo good info for our ship and cruise.

They are doing sign up for on board activities and M&M. I know my family and at least one other family that will be using the Disney Shuttle Service for the trip.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1907413&page=57

we ran into a family that had done it and when thy got back on board at the end of the day they were cranky overtired and had experienced a lot of stress all the way round.

Just about everyone who goes to WDW for a day falls into that category.... :D When we got tired walking, we would find a place to sit to watch people go by. The later in the day it got, the more crying kids and grumpy people we would see....

I think one day Disney is doable now if you can prebook your 3 FP. I would also book a sit down dinner in the park you will visit (or a close by hotel that you could walk to from the park).

3 rides with FP and a sit down dinner away from the crowds is the most you can hope for with this schedule. The rest of the time stroll around and if you see a short line for a ride, get on it.

I would not wait in any line more than 20 min.

I don't know if you can even buy 1 day tickets in advance, so you couldn't prebook FP til you arrived at the park. Another option, if you will be there again in the future, is to buy a non-expiring ticket and just use the one day. But that gets expensive for multiple people.

Edited by marci22

Thanks for all the info....not convinced we will venture to Disney but looking at it as an option. Last thing I want is to be overtired and cranky!

We are also considering Universal, or nothing at all depending on how hot it will be. Have been to PC before, I'm fine to stay on board and RELAX too.

:o

I think one day Disney is doable now if you can prebook your 3 FP. I would also book a sit down dinner in the park you will visit (or a close by hotel that you could walk to from the park).

3 rides with FP and a sit down dinner away from the crowds is the most you can hope for with this schedule. The rest of the time stroll around and if you see a short line for a ride, get on it.

I would not wait in any line more than 20 min.

I don't know if you can even buy 1 day tickets in advance, so you couldn't prebook FP til you arrived at the park. Another option, if you will be there again in the future, is to buy a non-expiring ticket and just use the one day. But that gets expensive for multiple people.

Yes you can buy one day advance tickets and link them to your Disney account so that you can set up 3 FP+. You can set them up 30 days in advance, which I would recommend to make sure you are able to get what you want. (or close to it)

I agree with your thinking about setting up the FP+ so that you can make sure to see the headliners. However, I think with those fp+ (and any others you can pick up throughout the day) you should also be able to do a couple of the mid-lower range rides as well. But agree, no lines over a 20minute wait. Touring plans has the crowd at a 5. So that should be managable, as long as it not 95degrees out.

Also, thinking of doing BOG for lunch, (was not able to get ADR for dinner)should take about the same time as a sit down meal.

Also, thinking of doing BOG for lunch, (was not able to get ADR for dinner)should take about the same time as a sit down meal.

The longest part is waiting to sit down. Once you place your order and get your drinks and a seat, the food comes pretty quickly, and they drop it all at once (entree and dessert).

The longest part is waiting to sit down. Once you place your order and get your drinks and a seat, the food comes pretty quickly, and they drop it all at once (entree and dessert).

That and the line to get in. (Hoping to use an old loop hole to avoid that though...fingers crossed)

That and the line to get in. (Hoping to use an old loop hole to avoid that though...fingers crossed)

yeah I meant the line to get in and order. I used that old link to get a FP and avoid the outside line and I still had to wait but only about 15 min? (this past January)

Edited by marci22

yeah I meant the line to get in and order. I used that old link to get a FP and avoid the outside line and I still had to wait but only about 15 min? (this past January)

I'll rake 1 minutes any day for that place and meal. Our last trip we did BOG for lunch and dinner. Loved both meals there.

they stop only at TTC.. you will then need to take the monorail to EPCOT or MK or a bus to HS or AK.

honestly the day trip to Disney is not worth it, you really cannot do even one park justice and the cost of a ticket for one day is ridiculous.

Spookwife,

thank you for your useful reply, I find Disney exhausting, certainly not how I want to feel on my vacation!

We cruise out of NYC a lot and when we do the Bahamas/Florida itinerary we stop in Port Canaveral for the day. We have done what we call " speed Disney" many times. We always go in Oct/ Nov. this past Nov we sailed there, but did Cocoa Beach instead. I have a family of 5 and it is an expensive excursion. It costs is over $600.00 for " speed Disney". The lines are not as bad in the fall, but we us usually just do MK. We have been delayed getting into Port Canaveral before and therefore gave us less time to get to Disney. The whole day is a total rush!!

The ride is over 45 mins and they drop you off at the Ticket Center at MK and that's where you get the bus back to the ship. The last busses obviously fill up. My suggestions is wait till your on board too when you book. Check the weather conditions before you spend all that money on that day. Cocoa Beach was not as exciting to my children at 1st , but it was a great , relaxing day at the beach. You may want to look into that as an alternative.

With disney you need to plan ahead. You cant just walk up without doing research and a little planning. As long as you take the time to do that (and can deal with the Florida summer heat) you will be fine.

I am on this same cruise and I agree research is needed. I plan to go to Universal on that day. My sister did the same a couple months back on Grandeur. She said the bus left the ship by 11 and got to Universal about 12. From reading these boards I think it is the same for the Disney bus also. She said that you had to be back at the bus by 7 so they started walking back by 6:30 because after the long day in the park you need that half hour to get back. At the time she went it wasn't that crowded so lines weren't long. I don't know how they will be in August but hope not too bad. All in all I think with time management it is doable. I have been to Disney countless times so we are doing Universal instead. Also gives us the opportunity to see the new Harry Potter attractions in Universal. I am a big kid what can I say. Hope you have fun

Hope you also have a great time. We thought about doing Universal as well, seeing how we only be there for 7 hours. We still have not seen the Harry Potter stuff and my daughter really wants too. I was just worried about being able to see all of the Harry Potter stuff, seeing that we would not be there until noon. Would be upset if I had to wait hours in line and not be able to see it all. I know the new Harry Potter stuff just opened up and think lines will be crazy for those items for the rest of the year. Am I correct and saying that Universal does not have anything like Disney when it comes to the Fastpass thing??? At Disney I know I can at least set up the Fastpasses for the big line items to cut down my wait times. I think Universals is tied to having to stay at one of their hotels, right??

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the bus makes multiple stops back to the ship during the day or just one trip back at the end??? (assuming that one would be around 7pm.)

I would think that there is one drop-off and one pick-up time. This would be in align with just about every other excursion.

Does anyone know if the bus makes multiple stops back to the ship during the day or just one trip back at the end??? (assuming that one would be around 7pm.)

No stops.

I am glad that I caught up with you before your cruise.

I ended up doing the Universal bus a couple of weeks ago from the Grandeur.

Disclaimer: I did this mainly to spend the day with my son, who is a performer at Universal.

I found that I had PLENTY of time at Universal to go on as many rides as I wanted. Now, I don't *do* roller coasters, so I can't tell you about those lines. But if you are willing to go in the "single riders" line, it's almost as good as the Express lines. And my son and I finished the rides within 30 seconds of each other. No big deal that we weren't sitting next to each other on the ride.

As far as watching the weather goes: it rained while I was there. I happened to be undercover the whole time, but other people got SOAKED. It was very heavy rain, and it lasted a while.

But it cleared everything out. When I finished the ride whose line I was in, the other rides had NO wait - people hadn't gotten back in line yet!

hee hee hee

By the way, if any of you go to Universal - be sure to go to the Beetlejuice Graveyard Mashup.

:D

No stops.

Disclaimer: I did this mainly to spend the day with my son, who is a performer at Universal.

I found that I had PLENTY of time at Universal to go on as many rides as I wanted. Now, I don't *do* roller coasters, so I can't tell you about those lines. But if you are willing to go in the "single riders" line, it's almost as good as the Express lines. And my son and I finished the rides within 30 seconds of each other. No big deal that we weren't sitting next to each other on the ride.

As far as watching the weather goes: it rained while I was there. I happened to be undercover the whole time, but other people got SOAKED. It was very heavy rain, and it lasted a while.

But it cleared everything out. When I finished the ride whose line I was in, the other rides had NO wait - people hadn't gotten back in line yet!

hee hee hee

By the way, if any of you go to Universal - be sure to go to the Beetlejuice Graveyard Mashup.

Thank you for the tips!! I plan on going here with my dh, (he has never been, and its been many years since I have been :D)

I loved your video!! I would be proud too!!!

We are going to Port Canerval in April..

No stops.

hee hee hee

Glad to hear you had a good time and made the best of it, even in the rain. Thank you for getting back to us with the information.