Star Princess E707

Carole_T

We are thinking of getting this cabin. I know it's obstructed view, but want to know how noisy it may be from being above the Promenade deck. Like Vista Lounge noise or I read where the promenade deck door can be heard slamming all day!?!?!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated:)

We are thinking of getting this cabin. I know it's obstructed view, but want to know how noisy it may be from being above the Promenade deck. Like Vista Lounge noise or I read where the promenade deck door can be heard slamming all day!?!?!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated:)

I've had a cabin in this area before and didn't find it to be noisy at all. There is no door slamming (that would be all the way forward on this deck). You are right near the elevators and stairwell and there could be an occasional group of people talking when they reach their landing but Princess doesn't generally have rowdy passengers. You won't hear anything from the Promenade deck either. All this is from my own experiences only. BTW, this is not much of an obstructed view as there really isn't anything directly in front of your window. The tenders end a cabin forward from you. There might be a small mechanical device but nothing as obstructing as a tender. It should be a very good choice cabin. I actually prefer this area of the ship because it is closer to most places I wish to go to. It's one quick stairway down to the Promenade deck where you can exit outdoors and only a few flights up (or elevator ride) to casual dining/breakfast/lunch and also the aft pool.

Edited by iceleven

I've had a cabin in this area before and didn't find it to be noisy at all. There is no door slamming (that would be all the way forward on this deck). You are right near the elevators and stairwell and there could be an occasional group of people talking when they reach their landing but Princess doesn't generally have rowdy passengers. You won't hear anything from the Promenade deck either. All this is from my own experiences only. BTW, this is not much of an obstructed view as there really isn't anything directly in front of your window. The tenders end a cabin forward from you. There might be a small mechanical device but nothing as obstructing as a tender. It should be a very good choice cabin. I actually prefer this area of the ship because it is closer to most places I wish to go to. It's one quick stairway down to the Promenade deck where you can exit outdoors and only a few flights up (or elevator ride) to casual dining/breakfast/lunch and also the aft pool.

Actually there is quite a bit of obstruction to the view. You can see it on renmar's site.

E707

E707z.jpg?height=298&width=400

E707z.jpg?attredirects=0

Edited by Thrak

Yes, the view is more obstructed than the deck plans would lead you to believe; but none of your other concerns should be an issue. The Vista Lounge stage is on port side and won't bother you at all. It's not a balcony cabin so you shouldn't hear a thing from Promenade Deck. And yes, it is an excellent location--one deck down to Promenade Deck, straight up to Horizon Court and Terrace Pool; if I was picking an Oceanview this is where I would be.

Thanks all for your input. That picture looks way more obstructed than I was thinking!!!! Have to check out a few more available OVs then decide:rolleyes:

Head over to Renmar's site that I linked in my last post above. You can see actual pictures of all the obstructed view rooms.

Actually there is quite a bit of obstruction to the view. You can see it on renmar's site.

E707

E707z.jpg?height=298&width=400

E707z.jpg?attredirects=0

I find this photo a little bit deceptive. Not everything in view is part of the ship. There is a building in the background of the left 1/3 of the pic and a part of the pier on the right half of the pic. This is NOT a part of the ship.

Once the ship pulls away from the pier, this would be a full-on view of the ocean (minus the beam, cables, and the crew's walkway that is showing in the middle and the mechanical part on the right.

There might be other "obstructed view" cabins with a bit more sea or sky showing but I stand by this cabin being better than having a tender in front or even being between two tenders as some cabins also have. I've had both types, and this one is a better choice. Renmar does provide the best collection of the various views. Give it a try and see if there is something available that you might prefer.

Went over to Renmars site as suggested, and found, of the available rooms, E605 has a pretty darn good view between two lifeboats! I think DH will be much happier now that we are out of the cave (inside) and into the light!!! Thanks for all the input, very helpful:D

Went over to Renmars site as suggested, and found, of the available rooms, E605 has a pretty darn good view between two lifeboats! I think DH will be much happier now that we are out of the cave (inside) and into the light!!! Thanks for all the input, very helpful:D

Just remember that the ANGLE that the picture is taken from will greatly affect the actual "obstruction" of the view. I actually had the same cabin you chose booked for our November cruise to Mexico and then changed it to one with a view that doesn't really look as good in the pictures. Of course I am paying a lot less now and I will still have a pretty good view and natural light which is a biggie.

I have an inside booked for 17 days next year in September. Will I miss the natural light? YOU BET! However, I would rather cruise in an inside than not cruise at all. Our first cruise was to Alaska on Sea Princess. We had an inside way far forward on deck 12. We hit crazy seas on the first night out and all the next day. People were staggering all over the ship. Did we have a lot of motion in our cabin. OMG YES! Did it ruin our cruise. Not a bit. Like I said, it was our first cruise. I didn't really want to go and "knew" I would hate it. Even given the massive motion in our cabin I was totally hooked after that cruise.

I love balcony rooms and we actually paid a premium for our last room - an aft-facing balcony on Caribe deck on Grand Princess. However, like I said above, I'd much rather have an inside cabin than to skip a cruise. :D

Just remember that the ANGLE that the picture is taken from will greatly affect the actual "obstruction" of the view. I actually had the same cabin you chose booked for our November cruise to Mexico and then changed it to one with a view that doesn't really look as good in the pictures. Of course I am paying a lot less now and I will still have a pretty good view and natural light which is a biggie.

I have an inside booked for 17 days next year in September. Will I miss the natural light? YOU BET! However, I would rather cruise in an inside than not cruise at all. Our first cruise was to Alaska on Sea Princess. We had an inside way far forward on deck 12. We hit crazy seas on the first night out and all the next day. People were staggering all over the ship. Did we have a lot of motion in our cabin. OMG YES! Did it ruin our cruise. Not a bit. Like I said, it was our first cruise. I didn't really want to go and "knew" I would hate it. Even given the massive motion in our cabin I was totally hooked after that cruise.

I love balcony rooms and we actually paid a premium for our last room - an aft-facing balcony on Caribe deck on Grand Princess. However, like I said above, I'd much rather have an inside cabin than to skip a cruise. :D

Totally agree with you, any day on a cruise ship is better than none at all:) It's just that we will on a 17 day cruise, our longest yet, and the one time we had an inside for a 7 day cruise, DH did not like it! He was a trooper and didn't let it ruin the cruise. I just kept thinking about 17 days.....17 days.....he may not be such a good trooper this time around:o

Totally agree with you, any day on a cruise ship is better than none at all:) It's just that we will on a 17 day cruise, our longest yet, and the one time we had an inside for a 7 day cruise, DH did not like it! He was a trooper and didn't let it ruin the cruise. I just kept thinking about 17 days.....17 days.....he may not be such a good trooper this time around:o

Our first cruise was 10 days in an inside cabin on Sea Princess. The ship is smaller and the inside cabin was much smaller than the ones on the Grand class of ships. Somehow I still managed to become hooked on cruising. :)

Where are you going for 17 days? Just wondering since 17 days is an unusual length for a cruise.

We just booked a 17 day Panama Canal transit out of SF but it doesn't leave until September of next year.

Thanks for all the information. We just checked our cabin # to make sure the view is not obstructed. This will be my first cruise in decades, and the first on a major ship.

How cool is that? Congratulations and I hope you have an excellent cruise!

Where are you going for 17 days? Just wondering since 17 days is an unusual length for a cruise.

We just booked a 17 day Panama Canal transit out of SF but it doesn't leave until September of next year.

South America, Star Princess LA to Valparaiso Chili! We booked the cruisetour afterwards to Machu Picchu! Very excited, only 521 more days!!!!!! Doesn't sail until December 2015 :eek: So in the meantime I am living vicariously through everyone here:D. lol

We did that cruise on the Star last year. Even though we had a balcony cabin, spent most of our time on deck. We were on for the full 30 day cruise so saw lots of Glaciers, incredible views etc. Love The Star, in fact will be on her again in 4 days(Alaska). Sailed on this ship 5 times. And this time took an obstructed view cabin.

Edited by san diego sue