Should we bring...

MM051510

No need to bring beach towels. They're provided. However, it's a good idea to bring two bathing suits. If you have a beach excursion, then want to swim in the ship's pool later on, you'll have a dry, sand-free bathing suit to put on.;)

Beach towels??

What is your definition of "beach towel"?

I know that on RCI you can take as many "regular" towels as you want, but, they do not provide what I would consider to be "beach towels".

No need to lug towels...ALL cruiselines provide pool/beach towels.

The provided towels are ample for beach and pool...and you don't have to CLEAN them! Simply turn in the dirty ones, and get clean ones! You can have more than 1 per person!

Edited by cb at sea

Beach towels??

Like everyone said they are provided, however; if your plans include coming to port a day early and you plan a beach trip for that, then yes. Lesson learned the hard way by me. We improvised just fine, but it would have been ne to have something larger than a sock to dry off with. :rolleyes:

We have always brought our own beach towels anyplace we go even if the resort or other place provides them. Just one towel per person traveling. The main reason is for us to quickly be able to identify our chairs amongst the throngs of other same colored towels the place provides. Especially when we are out on the beach in the ocean. WE always put our beach towels over the top portion of the chair so when we are away from our things we can quickly identify which chairs are ours and this is more for security purposes as I always keep an eye on our section while we are in the water and it's so much easier to be able to look up and spot our chairs.

Another reason is many times the towels they provide can be pretty crummy, small and worn/threadbare and I never want to chance getting to a place that has towels like that.

It's a personal preference but it's nice to have your own just in case you don't like the ones they provide.

Another reason is many times the towels they provide can be pretty crummy, small and worn/threadbare and I never want to chance getting to a place that has towels like that.

Hasn't been an issue on any cruise we've been on. In fact, the towels are usually much nicer than ones we may have brought from home.

Don't waste luggage space, leave your towels home. If for some reason you hate the ships towels, they will be for sell in every shop and stand in each port. ;)