What to Do?? Please Advise...

iramack

I just got offered an upgrade from OB (veranda guarantee) to V5-V6 for 599 per person. Cruise is sold out and they are trying to shuffle all the guarantees around and perhaps make some more dough while doing it. Cruise is in 26 days and we have not been assigned yet under our GTY booking. 12 nights by the way......

Would you do it? I have been offered 636 or 644 or 714 (which I like the best) ;-))

Thanks

Steve

I just got offered an upgrade from OB (veranda guarantee) to V5-V6 for 599 per person. Cruise is sold out and they are trying to shuffle all the guarantees around and perhaps make some more dough while doing it. Cruise is in 26 days and we have not been assigned yet under our GTY booking. 12 nights by the way......

Would you do it? I have been offered 636 or 644 or 714 (which I like the best) ;-))

Thanks

Steve

Honestly, don't take it. The difference between different veranda levels is not that huge. Unless, of course, location is really important to you and worth 599/person. Chances are you will get a decent guarantee assignment anyway and for free.

Fundamentally I agree w/ Roxburgh, that said, knowing what suite you have and knowing it is not next to a service door / elevator might be worth the almost $1200 to you. We once had a suite next to the service door and sleeping past 6 a.m. was a non-starter that cruise - and we had selected that room, not being away of the corridor adjacent to our room - one of our first cruises, now know better and always book the suite we want w/ some better info - live & learn (except for World where that was not an option unless you did the entire thing)

We just returned from a Baltic cruise on Quest. We booked a similar arrangement as yourself and got a V6 on deck 8. I don't think there are any bad verandah suites on their latest 3 ships. Just chance it.

Which cruise are you on - we're also booked on OB and waiting suite assignment. We did not take paid upgrade offer which was cheaper - £99 pp for upgrade to V6.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is something that people have differing views on, some passengers like to pick a certain cabin because they feel it is best for them for their reason, I fully understand this. My view is that it is totally unimportant where you are on the ship, Deck 5 is the one most people want to avoid however I do not find Deck 5 a problem, the V1-V2 Half Glass Balconies are of no concern at all and for us and we find that deck 5 actually suits us, we go down one floor for Breakfast as we always prefer Breakfast in the MDR, my wife uses the laundry room, we love to go out of the side door on deck 5 and use the rear plunge pool...... I think that I could make similar positive arguments for positive points for most of the decks!

There has been some comments about lift noise, we have been next to lifts a few times and it has never ever been a problem, in fact quite handy!!

I would save the money and spend it on something else.

Thanks everyone for all the replies.

We are on Quest departing Copenhagen July 27th for 12 night Baltic cruise.

Looking forward to this trip with much excitement!! We shall wait and see where the assignment gods place us......LOL!!

SM

Edited by iramack

At St. Petersburg, try not to miss the Intimate Evening at Catherine's Palace if it is available. Some may may find it pricy, but the exclusiveness offered only to Seabourn is well worth the experience. You have the whole palace, after closing hours, to the passengers of Seabourn only.

At St. Petersburg, try not to miss the Intimate Evening at Catherine's Palace if it is available. Some may may find it pricy, but the exclusiveness offered only to Seabourn is well worth the experience. You have the whole palace, after closing hours, to the passengers of Seabourn only.

Yes, we have already booked this excursion. We expect it will be one of many highlights!!

Steve