The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later t

Trying to access my reservation online and getting this message... The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

This is making me nervous..what are they modifying???? Not my cabin # right?

Sometimes that happens if you log in and look at your reservation. It takes ~ 1/2 hour and it fixes itself. Or sometimes it happens if you just close 'cruise planner' without hitting the 'exit cruise planner' button. Or sometimes it's just messed up for no reason.

In any case, no need to worry. It eventually resolves itself.

yes this is another part of the wonderful RCI computer system :-).

No idea what causes it, agree with the above poster for possible reasons. I've been told it's also a way for RCI to handle an overloaded computer system, the system just shuts folks out but uses a message that should say something else. I have noticed it happens more often when a sale comes out or If you can't wait a few hours for it to resolve itself, hopefully, you can go to your internet options and clear out cookies and history, that sometimes will allow you right back in.

Hope this reassures you :-).

Your explanation makes sense. I was just looking at some options for picture packages and entertainment that the send me an email about but my sailing date was not available yet! Duh...why did u send me the email??? Just glad I don't have to worry about my AFT balcony :-)

There seems to be a problem this morning.

I tried to print my set sail pass and the printing hung up. When I exited, and tried to view the reservation again, I got the "requested reservation is being modified message".

I waited an hour, and tried gain. I was able to access the reservation, but then it hung up again when I tried to print. Same result.

Glad I'm not sailing this weekend, otherwise I'd be very upset.

Edited by Libra_Critic

You've been around here long enough to post 2,400 times and haven't figured out RCCL computer systems are the worst in the entire travel industry????:D

I don't know, Carnival's are pretty awful as well. :D Although, to be fair, they have made many improvements the last few years.

The entire industry needs to step up their game with regards to their websites and online check-in. Its silly that I have to plug the same information in to the Set Sail Pass every few months when nothing has changed.

I don't know, Carnival's are pretty awful as well. :D Although, to be fair, they have made many improvements the last few years.

The entire industry needs to step up their game with regards to their websites and online check-in. Its silly that I have to plug the same information in to the Set Sail Pass every few months when nothing has changed.

I totally agree! Why do I have to retype my address and passport number. Can't there be a still correct box? (Especially when your passport expiration date you've previously given RC is several years out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately my birthdate has been filled out except for the year thats shown as ****. Only you have to select the year from the dropdown box otherwise you get an error?:confused:

I think they are doing that as a security measure. I see that same technique being used in the passport number field.

I got that same notification when i was logged in on an iPad and then attempted to log in on a computer while I was still logged in on the iPad. I logged out of the iPad, and then it worked for me, but not sure if this is just a general statement that they give for a few different problems that could be going on.

You've been around here long enough to post 2,400 times and haven't figured out RCCL computer systems are the worst in the entire travel industry????:D

1st time using RCI site and boards. Normally sail Norwegian and Carnival. I'm happy that the reviews say their ships are much better than their website

Well... that's three times today that I got the stupid "requested reservation is being modified message".

I can't print the Set Sail Pass. I wonder how many others are having the same problem.

Couldn't print the Guest Vacation Documents either, but I was able to download a .pdf copy earlier this morning. I had to click "print" to view, then there was no other button to print. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The RCI web site is .... ______ (I lack the words to describe just how bad it really is)

Update....

For some unknown reason, the "print" button wasn't working properly.

I was able to manually do File; Print Preview, manually adjust the size, then print.

Thanks for the tip. Might have to use that sometime.:)

Well... that's three times today that I got the stupid "requested reservation is being modified message".

I can't print the Set Sail Pass. I wonder how many others are having the same problem.

Couldn't print the Guest Vacation Documents either, but I was able to download a .pdf copy earlier this morning. I had to click "print" to view, then there was no other button to print. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The RCI web site is .... ______ (I lack the words to describe just how bad it really is)

I always download the PDF file and print from it when I am ready.