Shuttle pick up time

I have booked our shuttle to and from Southampton on August. But am now rethinking my ship pick up time for our return flight. Our return flight is at 2 pm. Will a 10 am pick up time work? Or should I make it earlier?

You should post on the British Isles forum

You will probably be off the ship before 9am so I would book for 9 ..you may have time to wait at LHR but there are lots of shops or restaurant to kill time in after you get through all the security ;)

Depends on your airport- guessing it's Heathrow or Gatwick - and the day-of-the-week.

But whatever, 10am is pretty late for disembarkation & the crew might chase you off the ship ;)

I'd make it 9am - that's hardly the crack-of-dawn, and excluding problems will get you to Heathrow about 10.30 or Gatwick about 11am. Arrival by noon would be fine but weekdays, and especially Mondays, can be slow-going on this journey and it's well worth having plenty of time in hand.

If it's Gatwick, ask the driver to take you the cross-country route rather than the motorway loop - it's much shorter, much more interesting than the boring super-slab, and takes only a little longer. Some drivers take a cross-country route anyway, so there should be no difference in price.

And importantly, if there's a big accident on the motorway you could be stuck behind it with no means of getting off the motorway, and alternate routes will certainly be clogged. Cross-country you'll not get trapped by a hold-up cos there's comparatively little traffic & a great many alternates.

JB :)

If you are with Oceania they want you off the boat by 0900. After all tips and evaluations are submitted you'd find staff losing energy. :)

Most ships want you off by 9am

The crew do not have time on turnaround day to lose energy they are busy cleaning & restocking the ship for the new arrivals