Recommendations for a room for 6 on Fort lauderdale 17th street

PR Cruisers

Agree...Embassy Suites...Get a price quote from Last Minute Travel Club....We have always gotten the best rates from them. Go through the membership questioneer online and usually (always) they have free membership...sign up and you're good to go. This online booking site is very well recommended on these boards.

Thanks for your replies.

What about the hyatt place convention center?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Haven't stayed there personally (so not sure if their rooms can accommodate 6 people)..but it's just behind ES..so location is great..price out both..best of luck and enjoy.

On or just off 17th St would be Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place. You would need to request the two double beds as they both do have sleeper sofas. Book the HP on valuetrips.com for the best rate.

The Gallery One that Marie mentioned is the nicest of them I think. Not on 17th st. but in a good location for restaurants and shopping too. AND it's right on the intracoastal with its own water taxi stop. It has a variety of types of rooms as she said. This would be my choice if I wasn't staying on the beach.

Rates will depend on your date for any hotel you choose.

Edited by eandj

We stayed at Doubletree Gallery One. Our room had 2 beds(doubles I think) and a separate living room with a sofa bed. I got a rate of $120 on www.lastminutetravel.com.

I believe they also have rooms with 2 separate bedrooms.

Just an FYI don't confuse the website posted above with Last Minute Travel Club..

www.lmtclub.com

We just stayed at the Hyatt Place Convention Center. The hotel is nice, the rooms are huge and breakfast was fantastic. We had 2 doubles and a sofa bed with plenty of room to walk around.

We just stayed at the Hyatt Place Convention Center. The hotel is nice, the rooms are huge and breakfast was fantastic. We had 2 doubles and a sofa bed with plenty of room to walk around.

And what about the neighborhood? Did you feel safe walking around?

We stayed at the Hilton Marina and it was great $130 on KYAK. Neighborhood is pretty safe as long as you don't venture to far. Some industrial areas within 7-8 blocks could be sketchy late night. Lots to do within walking distance of 2-3 blocks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Either the Hilton Marina, or the Hyatt Place are fine. A couple weeks ago 10 of us stayed at the Hilton Marina prior to our cruise. Last summer we stayed at the Hyatt Place pre-cruise. Both were very good. We picked the Hilton this time because we had a couple folks with us that could not walk a long distance and we wanted to be right on a water taxi stop for them and so we chose the Hilton and we were able to get a great rate. The area seems very safe and we have walked to the Walgrens, Total Wine during the day. We have never been out walking around after say 11:00 PM and that was from the water taxi back to the Hotels. :):)

And what about the neighborhood? Did you feel safe walking around?

There are tons of cruisers styaing along 17th . As in any strange city if you are out and about late late, be mindful. But before 10, you will see lots of people walking the street.

Someone mentioned the Hilton. I don't think they have a room that will work for you.

Edited by eandj

We stayed 3 days precruise at the Homewood Suites in a 2-bedroom suite. One bedroom had 2 queen beds and the other bedroom had a king bed. There was also a sofa sleeper, a tv in each bedroom as well as 2 bathrooms. It will easily sleep 6. Free breakfast is also included and no charge for parking.

We stayed 3 days precruise at the Homewood Suites in a 2-bedroom suite. .

Since the OP wants a hotel on/near 17th st. you might want to include the location of this particular Homewood. Nice arrangement for six, but location? Walking distance to restaurants, shopping etc.? Could be helpful for others.

Edited by eandj

Sorry, the Homewood Suites is not on 17th Street but is on Griffin Rd. If you do not have a car, there is nothing within walking distance. Parking is free (if you have a car), the hotel is very affordable for larger parties, and it is very clean.

Just an FYI don't confuse the website posted above with Last Minute Travel Club..

www.lmtclub.com

sorry,but Im not sure I understand. when I search for that link I get last minute travel club. Is it not the same? I can find the last minute travel club and membership is free. Is that a safe website to use? thanks for the help.

sorry,but Im not sure I understand. when I search for that link I get last minute travel club. Is it not the same? I can find the last minute travel club and membership is free. Is that a safe website to use? thanks for the help.

I have booked with them 3 times and any problem with the reserv

yes, it's safe. I booked hotel rooms with them several times. You have to pay up front.