Cabin 8088 Brilliance Of the Seas

In some cabins the sofa bed is smaller (shorter) because it's more like a love seat than a sofa ( think the difference is E vs D cabins). We've been on 6 different RCCL ships with "sofa beds". They all pull out "close the the floor". It's just the way they are.

On the key this cabin is showing as sleeping 3 with only a pulldown bed. There is no sofa bed, which suits us as we prefer the 3rd bed to be elevated.

Oh dear, perhaps that was why it was still available? If it is really bad then we will complain, but I am hoping it will be manageable and that the balcony size will more than compensate. Fingers crossed!

From reading all the comments, it's pretty clear that everyone's experience is different regarding the fire doors, and everyone reacts differently to the noise wafting up from the Centrum. My husband hears nothing--a bomb could go off and he'd likely not hear it. I, on the other hand, am more noise-sensitive, and felt the location was fine. I don't recall hearing too many fire doors slamming, but I'm sure it probably did happen at some point. Like I said previously, we enjoy that location for many reasons, most of all for the easy mid-ship location. The larger balconies are a bonus that many people (myself included) covet.

You won't know unless you try it. If you don't care for it, then you'll know to avoid those cabins in the future. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We've got 8088 booked on the Brilliance for next Sept. 2015. My husband can sleep through anything but snoring. I'm a night owl, so won't be in bed before midnight, at LEAST. I'm excited to have a hump cabin. We've only had one balcony in the past, so this will be a treat. I like the central location. I'm thinking positive and looking forward to a good time!

• 2 months later...

My husband and I stayed in cabin 9078 on Radiance of the Seas which has the same balcony. We found that it extended our living area and enjoyed it very much. We did not have any problem with noise. We have booked 8088 on Brilliance for next year.

Even though I know she will never admit to seeing this reply, I have to say ...inaccurate information AGAIN, cb:roll eyes: Since you will only stay in junior suites (or you won't sail) as you have stated too many times to mention, how would you even know about a mere balcony room? I, personally, have been in cabins like #8088 and the long tunnel-like (cave-like) balcony is darker and tends to make the cabin darker than the norm. The light factor is not the same as on an ordinary rectangular shaped balcony. Cabins like #8088 are not pitch black , obviously, but they are darker than normal. Hope this helps those wanting accurate information.:)

Even though I know she will never admit to seeing this reply, I have to say ...inaccurate information AGAIN, cb:roll eyes: Since you will only stay in junior suites (or you won't sail) as you have stated too many times to mention, how would you even know about a mere balcony room? I, personally, have been in cabins like #8088 and the long tunnel-like (cave-like) balcony is darker and tends to make the cabin darker than the norm. The light factor is not the same as on an ordinary rectangular shaped balcony. Cabins like #8088 are not pitch black , obviously, but they are darker than normal. Hope this helps those wanting accurate information.:)

I was in cabin 8088 on Brilliance 3 weeks ago. It is not noticeably darker than any other balcony cabin and that was one of my concerns before sailing. I was perfectly happy with the light, and that was on a Baltic itinerary where the light is not the same as in the Med or the Caribbean.

It is much longer than the norm and has much more space for loungers and table and chairs.

We liked it, but for those who like complete silence when in the cabin it may not be the right choice. There is Centrum noise, music mainly, sometimes up to 11.30pm. It didn't bother us but we are not in bed early and we can sleep through most things anyway.