Cabin 8088 Brilliance Of the Seas

Thank you. Did you feel it made the room darker because the outside was so much further away?

I love light bright spaces and obviously part of the reason for getting a balcony is the light streaming in. I am probably stressing about nothing but you know how it is!

The cabin was light (enough) for us, and it didn't bother us at all that the balcony was deeper. It was as light as when we've had OV cabins, and certainly lighter that when we had inside cabins....lol:D

Don't overthink it too much. It's a great cabin location, and I actively seek it out on that class of ship. We also just had the cabin next door to that on Serenade, and the balcony is pie-shaped, and not as deep (but also not quite as large.)

Have a great cruise!

We had 8088 booked on Serenade for next winter. It's highly sought after and much discussed here due to the huge balcony. We gave it up when we found a junior suite for pretty much the same price on the BOGOHO sale, took the larger room and double points over the big balcony:D

This cabin seems to have a big balcony but I am worried it may be too "cave like".

Can anyone reassure me?

We had it on a cruise a few years ago. It is a very large balcony with extra seats and loungers and is great for entertaining. Because the walls are solid up to the glass (maybe 2-3 feet of open space) it could appear cave like. We had it for a northern ta so it was a bit cool out there, if you will have it in the caribbean you should be quite comfortable. I would take it again if available.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, we got cabin 8088.

Woo hoo, I am quite excited about it now having looked at the size of it on several pictures. The location is good too, and although some reports say there is a bit of noise I doubt that will bother us as we are not light sleepers.

Thanks for all the reassurance!

Well, we got cabin 8088.

Woo hoo, I am quite excited about it now having looked at the size of it on several pictures. The location is good too, and although some reports say there is a bit of noise I doubt that will bother us as we are not light sleepers.

Thanks for all the reassurance!

On our last few cruises, the fire doors off the Centrum were closed after dinner which greatly reduced/eliminated noise coming up from the Centrum;):)

On our last few cruises, the fire doors off the Centrum were closed after dinner which greatly reduced/eliminated noise coming up from the Centrum;):)

We were on the Serenade and that was one of the options. However, as the nite wore on and Pax were going to their cabin(s), the slamming of the fire doors were as loud as the music from the speakers. The closing of the doors slightly reduced the noise, but it did not do anything for the music permeating thru the elevator shafts.

Edited by nelblu
additional info

We were on the Serenade and that was one of the options. However, as the nite wore on and Pax were going to their cabin(s), the slamming of the fire doors were as loud as the music from the speakers. The closing of the doors slightly reduced the noise, but it did not do anything for the music permeating thru the elevator shafts.

I guess we all are different and that's what makes us great. When we were in 8088, the fire doors remained open and the music climbed up the centrum and made it to the wall by our bed we were in and suddenly stopped ;-) . Guess it was just dumb luck or perhaps we were tired out from having a good time. No matter the music stopped each nigh before 11pm.

Enjoy your room and bring the ear plugs as a back up.

Mike

Loved the cabin and would book it again in a heat beat if there is only 2 of us. We had 3 and our daughter at the time fit fine on the pullout but now that she is older so that wouldn't happen. The couch is a bit smaller then normal but still comfortable for two. Pulled out like a futon close to the floor not like a normal pullout unless things have changed. It was a while ago we had this cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I guess we all are different and that's what makes us great. When we were in 8088, the fire doors remained open and the music climbed up the centrum and made it to the wall by our bed we were in and suddenly stopped ;-) . Guess it was just dumb luck or perhaps we were tired out from having a good time. No matter the music stopped each nigh before 11pm.

Enjoy your room and bring the ear plugs as a back up.

Mike

I wish it did stop by 11. On our 12 nite Medit. cruise this past August there was a R&R band and they played just about every nite and went till 1 pm. Mediterranean cruises are excursions intensive and began at 7am. Our cabin # was 9078 right above and it was a nightmare. It was a excellent cabin with a huge balcon, but after 3 pulsating nites we were able to vacate to a lower balcony category and were given $817 credit per and used it for future cruise.

Before the Centrum was being used for parties and entertainment loud, late night noise wasn't as much of an issue as it is now. In addition to the sound traveling up they have installed speakers on the Centrum perimeter several floors above the Centrum.

Closing the fire doors to try to keep the sound from going down the hall is good.......but, unfortunately, most people opening them to go down the hall don't think to gently close them and let them bang shut.

Now some of the prime real estate isn't so prime anymore. Especially agree on port intensive cruises with early excursions.

The couch is a bit smaller then normal but still comfortable for two. Pulled out like a futon close to the floor not like a normal pullout unless things have changed. It was a while ago we had this cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

In some cabins the sofa bed is smaller (shorter) because it's more like a love seat than a sofa ( think the difference is E vs D cabins). We've been on 6 different RCCL ships with "sofa beds". They all pull out "close the the floor". It's just the way they are.

We had cabin 8102 on the Serenade and never noticed any noise - not even when the fire door was open. Loved, loved the large balcony - we always opt for the large balconies. Have the cabin directly below 8102 on our Brilliance cruise in Oct. Hoping the life boats don't interfere too much with our view.

We had 8088 on Brilliance on a recent Baltic cruise.

Balcony was great. Very big, not cavernous, and private. Didn't feel as if the cabin was darkened as a result. Not much wind either. We weren't out there too often due to weather conditions.

There is a lot of noise and it is loud. Fire doors were open. If we knew how to close them, we'd do that. There is supposed to be a release button somewhere. We couldn't find it.

For us 40-something cruisers, the noise was enough for us to conclude that we wouldn't book this cabin on future Radiance class cruises.

Good luck.

On a Panama Canal cruise we had 9078 which is the same size and configuration as 8088. If memory serves me 9078 is right above 8088. I was really excited about the extra space but I ended up not liking it at all. The long side is a big steel wall and I did feel like I was in a cave. Because the room and windows are so far back, I did think the cabin was darker.

It was just the two of us, so didn't really use the extra space. No sun that I recall for laying out on the loungers. My DH did fall asleep out there on a lounger one night!

I don't remember the noise bothering us. We are pretty sound sleepers, though. Everyone enjoys different things, but I would never book this or a similar cabin again.