Dress Code enforced on The Carnival Glory

I think it's pretty unfair towards the men because women can wear short dresses going right up to their hoo-ha's, and cut so low that their ta-ta's are basically falling out....but men are turned away for exposing their legs in dressy type shorts....It's completely illogical when you think about it.

I think it's pretty unfair towards the men because women can wear short dresses going right up to their hoo-ha's, and cut so low that their ta-ta's are basically falling out....but men are turned away for exposing their legs in dressy type shorts....It's completely illogical when you think about it.

The guys don't mind seeing the ladies dressed as hoochies.

Now guys in shorts, just nasty.

I'd rather focus on my meal and enjoying the company of my friends than what others are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how what someone is wearing would affect my dining experience. I don't go there to look at other people.

On Princess, technically, women are not allowed to wear any type of pantsuit according to the Formal Night's dress code. However, no Maitre 'D would dare confront any woman on Princess and have them follow the proper dress code. At the same time, if a man is not in accordance perfectly, they would be prohibited from entering the main dining room.

Evidently, the Maitre 'D is scared of having this type of guest situation.

Edit:

Formal

When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.

Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women

Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men

Edited by Disconnections

It's about time they started to ask cruisers to follow the guidelines that they put in the fun times for formal nights. I agree with offering other options if you choose not to adhere to the guidelines, but it really takes away from the "event" of having a formal night when there really is not a formal dress code. I would not feel comfortable at dinner knowing when i looked around at my table mates that they went to the extra trouble of dressing appropriately.

No. The worst part was that he arrived like that.

Yep..

Besides I didn't read any description of what this rudeness was..

And the OP would have needed to be pretty close to hear this conversation.

I have seen many turned away wearing shorts on Elegant Night ( more being let in unfortunately). Many want to argue so if the Maitre is simply enforcing the posted dress code firmly without groveling, that is not being rude.

I just got off the Glory yesterday. So many people were turned down at dinner, and asked to go change. On the first night a teenager in front of me was sent back because he was wearing a sleeveless jersey. On formal night a lot of men were sent back because they were wearing dressy short cargos with polo shirts. They want long pants to be worn on formal night.

In my 18 cruises, I have never seen anyone being turned down at the dining room. The worst part was the way they spoke to and addressed the teenager with the sleeveless jersey.

well, the teenager should have known better....as should his parents. I'm glad they are turning people away. Everyone knows the dress code...it's in writing...good for Carnival!

I never, never, ever walked into the MDR for dinner with shorts or a polo shirt. Heck, the waiters were wearing tuxes or similar. I was ALWAYS suit or jacket and tie. It was comfy for me! On formal nights ("elegant") I was always in a tux.

I'm glad to hear they are enforcing it, as I am tired of the "slumming" down of many pax. If you can afford the cruise you can afford the clothes, and don't tell me about airline baggage fees either. If you can't afford the fees or the clothes, then you cannot afford the cruise. It is as simple as that.

If you want to wear your shorts and polo, then go to the lido or similar venue for the buffet.

Show some respect!

Perfectly said.

So glad to see some sort of dress code enforced. We were on the Glory twice last year, and I have to say it was the scuzziest groups of people in our cruising history....and they did NOT enforce a dress code in the MDR ever. Men wearing tank tops, flip flops, shorts, same for women each and every night in the MDR....we say, just "follow the rules". Maybe there is a new Maitre D'?? Hats off to the Glory crew for this!

Why are people complaining if the photo posted above clearly shows that shorts are permitted? My children will be wearing shorts and polo shirts to dinner, and if that bothers people they are more than welcome to go to the buffet. We don't do "elegant" but we also don't complain about people who do.

I never, never, ever walked into the MDR for dinner with shorts or a polo shirt...

...I am tired of the "slumming" down of many pax. If you can afford the cruise you can afford the clothes, and don't tell me about airline baggage fees either. If you can't afford the fees or the clothes, then you cannot afford the cruise. It is as simple as that.

If you want to wear your shorts and polo, then go to the lido or similar venue for the buffet.

Show some respect!

Here's the deal; our cruise host, in this case Carnival allows us to wear shorts and a polo shirt every night on all but Cruise Elegant. It might make you a little or a lot angry, but for some of your fellow passengers it's the reason we cruise on the funnel guys.

Associating someones financial status by attire might be a mistake. My family and I met the nicest cardiovascular surgeon on our most recent cruise aboard the Glory. He wore a Guy Harvey long sleeve tee shirt, shorts and sandals to dinner on 5 of the 7 nights.

Is it possible that if one is focused on what fellow passengers are wearing as they stroll by on their way to the dining table they might be less than engaged in the dinner conversation at their own?

You and I know what we are signing up for when we put down a deposit on a cruise. Don't expect your floating vacation complete with hairy chest contests, blaring hip-hop music poolside and Fun Ship Specials to morph into the floating QE II once the doors open to the dining room.

If you don't want to see me and fellow passengers on casual nights in shorts IN the main dining room then room service is one option.

We are back on the Glory in a few weeks. I'm taking plenty of madras shirts and shorts. Join us for dinner.

Edited by BallFour4

Why are people complaining if the photo posted above clearly shows that shorts are permitted? My children will be wearing shorts and polo shirts to dinner, and if that bothers people they are more than welcome to go to the buffet. We don't do "elegant" but we also don't complain about people who do.

Come join us at our table. We will have a blast if you'd let two 50 somethings join.

Edited by BallFour4

I'm pretty sure somebody messed up when doing the fun times.

http://m.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544446

Search for clothing or what to wear

Sent from my iPhone using Taps talk

Edited by Ehpride

I was told to leave when I went on the sensation I forgot my long pants at home but I had a dress shirt and nce shoes. They told me I could not eat dinner with my family it was embarrassing and rude. It is a cruise and I am on vacation...it's kne thing if it is a fancy place. But when the ships look like floating motels. I think the rules should be adjusted

maybe they should do what NCL and RCCL are doing have some places where the dress code is long pants and the other places shorts can be wore every night and do away with the photo pushing elegant nights.. make everyone happy you wanna dress to the nines than you go one place wanna dress casual you go to another MDR or specialty dinning room