Embarkation Day- Baggage Delivery Oasis - any tricks?

When I have stayed in suites I have received expedited delivery of luggage. I have had porters notice my D+ tags and they have placed my cases with expedited luggage.

Once the bags are on the ship the guy you tipped on the pier has nothing to do with when your bags show up at your cabin. I am also very aware of this... and never said they had anything to do with delivery of bags to the cabin.

Wait, which is it? First you said you SAW the porters put your bag in an "expedited position", now you're saying they have nothing to do with when your bags arrive.

Just another mention of Carnival's program (we have the perk due to being Platinum - like RCI Diamond)

At the pier when the porter sees our VIP luggage tag they slapped large orange stickers on our bags. We were in our cabin and completely unpacked by 12:15.

With the perk, cabins are also ready upon boarding.

It's a great perk, a limited number are sold for $50 per cabin. :)

Wait, which is it? First you said you SAW the porters put your bag in an "expedited position", now you're saying they have nothing to do with when your bags arrive.

Taking one line out of context and trying to use it against me is a poor ploy that is often tried and never works well. You may find it amusing to nit pick, I just find you annoying.

I do apologize for ever posting my original post. I did not, nor expect it to trigger such anger and controversy. I never asked you (or anyone) to agree with me... but I also did not invite a personal attack. I am so very sorry if I offended or insulted you in any way... as you seem to want to continue badger me. I stand on my original post... but I am done with this. I will no longer reply... there is no need. If you feel the need to win... then obviously you can believe you have won. I have lost to greater men, who have greater class, style and are more gracious than you.

The only thing you have proven here is what Epictetus said a long time ago... It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.

I hope the OP is able to get his luggage in a reasonable time.

I don't think anyone is personally offended by you. You made a statement that is factually inaccurate. There is no priority luggage delivery program with RCI. And that's really all there is to say on it.

Taking one line out of context and trying to use it against me is a poor ploy that is often tried and never works well. You may find it amusing to nit pick, I just find you annoying.

I do apologize for ever posting my original post. I did not, nor expect it to trigger such anger and controversy. I never asked you (or anyone) to agree with me... but I also did not invite a personal attack. I am so very sorry if I offended or insulted you in any way... as you seem to want to continue badger me. I stand on my original post... but I am done with this. I will no longer reply... there is no need. If you feel the need to win... then obviously you can believe you have won. I have lost to greater men, who have greater class, style and are more gracious than you.

The only thing you have proven here is what Epictetus said a long time ago... It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.

I hope the OP is able to get his luggage in a reasonable time.

Ummm.... wow. I am having a little trouble finding my "personal attack" against you. But thank you for pointing out my smallness as a man (kind of hypocritical isn't it?).

I'm sorry that I mistook your post for an attempt to provide information that I might find useful. As a long time cruiser, I was very intrigued about where and when I could get this "expedited position" for my luggage. Now it appears that you misspoke, and rather than simply clarifying your position, you felt the need to stick to your guns and hammer home how "wrong" I was.

I guess my mistake was thinking that someone with such an extensive cruise history (as is evidenced by your signature) might actually be here to try and provide clear and helpful information. In retrospect, I'm not quite sure WHY you're here. But I promise to make sure to never question anything you say again as it clearly is an affront to your sensibilities.

I will grab my bag from the crew area if I don't have to touch anyone else's bag in order to get at it- I don't want to be responsible for causing a luggage avalanche :p. Otherwise I'll wait, and I never had to wait beyond a couple of hours after boarding.

It would be a nice option to offer the a program similar to Carnival's which for an extra fee, you are able to board sooner if not of a certain loyalty level, get to your room upon boarding rather than having to wait for the designated time, and have your luggage delivered quickly. A friend of mine did this last summer and felt the extra fee was well worth it. She and her daughter were cruising and this allowed them to be able to dump carry on's upon getting on board rather than having to schlep them around. Nice program and you can choose it or not.

Must also say, the entertainment value of this thread is worth the money! ;)

It would be a nice option to offer the a program similar to Carnival's which for an extra fee, you are able to board sooner if not of a certain loyalty level, get to your room upon boarding rather than having to wait for the designated time, and have your luggage delivered quickly. A friend of mine did this last summer and felt the extra fee was well worth it. She and her daughter were cruising and this allowed them to be able to dump carry on's upon getting on board rather than having to schlep them around. Nice program and you can choose it or not.

Must also say, the entertainment value of this thread is worth the money! ;)

The reality is that most lines could get all luggage to the rooms much quicker. Getting some extra cheap labor to speed up the process couldn't be that hard, or cost that much. But alas, in this day and age, mass market lines have to be so focused on the bottom line that keeping the expectations low when it comes to luggage delivery is the most cost efficient approach.

Another reason I simply choose to bring my suitcase aboard with me and hand carry it to my stateroom.

Cruise tip for all even 1st timers and their luggage

Its A simple process to put diamond + on your luggage tags since you print them out:D

Makes no difference. Our tags are pre-printed with our C&A status and we see no priority in luggage delivery. Sometimes it is on the early side, sometimes not. We've never had it arrive later than 5PM. (Hmmm - maybe that IS priority) :)

I take my suitcase on with me when we sail a 3 or 4 night cruise.

OP - Good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We have always gotten our luggage within 10 minutes of arriving at our cabin.

Just lay down for a pre dinner nap and your luggage will arrive, guaranteed.:p

Just thought of an even faster way: Do not put out the Do Not Disturb. Strip down and put on difficult to remove and highly embarrassing "bedroom wear" (perhaps purchased on the internet). Have you cabin mate do the same. Do what seems appropriate/natural. The crew will be delivering your bags into your room within minutes. :eek: