Birthday Credit - Good News

jennapie

I received the email about a birthday credit also and called about it. I was able to get the credit despite the cruise being booked in January. Try again, you might have some luck!

Obviously they are inconsistent based on the posts here.We got the email and it said new bookings for oceanview or above so I didn't even pursue it. We have an inside for 22 days in September---wondering if anyone with an inside cabin has gotten it?

Tried to enter my data/info to obtain the Birthday $50 OBC because I received an mail from X. However, when I go to the page to enter the data I cannot enter any data. I even changed browsers and tried Chrome and still can't enter any data.

Another glitch in the X Website?

Tried to call x on phone. Technical difficulties. What a joke.

Called again and got through. Spoke to 2 different X reps. Second rep said Birthday OBC only valid for new bookings. Already had a booking for that month, however, cannot apply OBC? So, asked to speak to a Supervisor. Took 25 minutes of my time to have X tell me that:

1. This is only for new bookings.

2. Since I booked through a TA, X Reps will not do anything.

3. Since I am on a Group Rate, this OBC does not apply.

4. There are only certain Categories that this OBC applies too.

Read the fine print after someone posted about it. Too many qualifiers. Can’t get it.

X - again you are very poor in communication, Internet and service.

I also received the $50 birthday OBC and was told by Celebrity that it is totally random. My DH's birthday is in the same month, for example, but he got nothing.

Couldn't redeem it because we were booked in an inside cabin, like Mapleleaf5. TA tried to get it applied and was turned down.

By then, prices had gone through the roof (this Oct.'s Equinox transatlantic) so upgrading was not a possibility.

Kind of defeats the sentiment of a happy occasion offer only to be turned down due to cabin category.:eek::(

We have not gotten an email about the birthday OBC either. However, we just got off the Eclipse last Saturday. On the cruise we had a $50 OBC from Celebrity that we weren't expecting. I joking told DH it was my birthday gift from X- I may have been correct😀

Can someone from Celebrity come on this thread and tell us how this works, and what criteria is used to send out this email? I have 25 Celebrity cruises under my belt and have never even heard of this. I also would not decide to book based on this alone, but would certainly like to be offered that $50:)

I, like everyone else, had mixed experiences with the birthday on-board credit from Celebrity....

Received an email from Celebrity offering me a $50 OBC "birthday" credit on July 7. Small print said I had to book a cruise within 60 days of receiving the email and that it was combinable with one other offer.

On July 10, I booked a 7-day Caribbean cruise through a TA, balcony cabin, leaving in January 2015 - using the 123GO Promo. Followed up with my TA a week later to tell her about this email I received (received the email three days before we booked). She says she called Celebrity and was told they couldn't give me the OBC...despite the email offer, despite booking within 60 days of receiving it, despite it being combinable with one other offer.

I thought that sounded a bit ridiculous and that it sounded like they were just making excuses, I had read all the small print, so I called Celebrity myself. Got a pleasant, helpful person on the phone who added it while we were speaking. I provided my CC number and my confirmation number for my booking. That being said...nowhere in MyCelebrity is this $50 OBC showing up for my cruise. Should it be?

I got the email and called Celebrity today. Was told couldn't be combined with my other offers, I'd have to give one of them up. Well, I'm not going to give up $200. obc to gain $50. Any one able to combine their birthday with other offers?

I booked onboard so it most likely won't work for me either...but I am happy with my 2015 price!:D I don't really think any of this can be figured out as it is too random. Pure luck if it ever works!

Edited by Lastdance