Furious with Holland America!

rochelle_s

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to hear of your luggage losses, truly a traveler's nightmare.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us.

It made me read the fine print on the insurance for my upcoming TA.

(I am good to go, thank goodness.)

Susan

That is bad news, Rochelle, but thanks for letting us know. Because of this I am going to take pictures of items in the bags, both going and coming home.

Hope you get better news soon.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

What a great idea! From experience, I know that it is just impossible to remember every thing that was packed. Insurance companies want DETAILED lists. Pictures would really help!!

A few years ago we dined with a honeymoon couple who had lost their luggage after they checked it in for the ship. These folks had a great attitude and several other cruisers lent them clothes. The cruise line (RCI) tried to trace their lost luggage to no avail. On the last night of the cruise (pretty late at night) there was a knock at their cabin door and a steward delivered the lost piece of luggage. It turned out that that the bag had been accidently delivered to the wrong cabin at the beginning of the cruise. The cruisers in that cabin, knowing the bag was not theirs, simply stored it under their bed until the last night of the cruise and then finally asked their steward what they should do with this "extra" bag. Life is Good!

Hank

You have got to be kidding!!!!! Do people even think anymore??? And you know those are the same people that would be major pains if THEIR luggage was lost!

A few years ago we dined with a honeymoon couple who had lost their luggage after they checked it in for the ship. These folks had a great attitude and several other cruisers lent them clothes. The cruise line (RCI) tried to trace their lost luggage to no avail. On the last night of the cruise (pretty late at night) there was a knock at their cabin door and a steward delivered the lost piece of luggage. It turned out that that the bag had been accidently delivered to the wrong cabin at the beginning of the cruise. The cruisers in that cabin, knowing the bag was not theirs, simply stored it under their bed until the last night of the cruise and then finally asked their steward what they should do with this "extra" bag. Life is Good!

Hank

That is truly incredible! Is that justifiable homicide?

A little off topic but I couldn't help but think about the times people make it to the ship without luggage when we saw this:

We were at a costuming convention a few weeks ago where people created some amazing historical (and other) costumes. One of the big events is the dinner/ ball and the promenade going in. People crowd the way to watch. One lady had a very creative outfit:

She had her room robe on. Over that she had draped the shower curtain into a fabulous waterfall (1880s style) bustle. In her hair she had twisted some napkins into a head piece. As she walked the aisle she said " they lost my luggage". One of the hotel managers was standing next to me chuckling, taking pictures. She was great.

I truly don't believe anyone is THAT stupid but I do believe there are some that are that mean, inconsiderate, warped........

No, I would prefer to think they ARE stupid, and just didn't concern themselves with where the bag belonged, rather maliciously mean.

I truly don't believe anyone is THAT stupid but I do believe there are some that are that mean, inconsiderate, warped........

No, I would prefer to think they ARE stupid, and just didn't concern themselves with where the bag belonged, rather maliciously mean.

I've been on a few cruises where there were pleas for people to check their cabins for luggage that didn't belong to them. Unfortunately it appears that there are people out there that are just that mean, inconsiderate, warped, and/or stupid. There's no other explanation, because a normal, moderately intelligent person would notify the staff if they received a bag that didn't belong to them.:(

i've been on a few cruises where there were pleas for people to check their cabins for luggage that didn't belong to them. Unfortunately it appears that there are people out there that are just that mean, inconsiderate, warped, and/or stupid. There's no other explanation, because a normal, moderately intelligent person would notify the staff if they received a bag that didn't belong to them.:(

like !

All they would have to do is put it back in the hall!

My bag didn't make a connection in Hong Kong.

I had to describe hounds tooth to an English is a second language person.

This time I am taking along a photo (hard copy) to attach with the claim.

Mine did show up at my hotel in Singapore next day.

Took a Baltic cruise a few years ago where luggage from entire family

Never showed up. One bag contained the man's artificial leg.