Large around but small cup size....

Can anyone help with this? Dear daughter wears a size 46 either A or B cup. In woman within catalog she wears an A cup because their "cups" are more like hats :eek: but they only carry one style in her size and we purchased it in all 3 colors.

She has been trying to lose weight and has gone down 14 pounds but it was face and boob fat...not what she was trying for.

Now her "C" cups are too big and it seems no one carries big around but small cups. And no we can't go smaller around because she is " lumpy". Smaller around just digs in. We just took her dresses over to be fitted and I realized her only strapless bra which WAS white is grey now :eek:

And she wants a regular bra in white also but I can't find her size anywhere. I even tryed google but when I go to the store sites they all say none avalable. Any one have any ideas? She can't possibly be the only "big girl" with small boobs. Thanks and hope someone out there in CC land can help. Cruise is coming up fast:D

Bali makes a 46B, it's tough to find but they do exist. As for strapless what about a silicone stick on just for the modesty coverage? I'm the opposite problem, but I've always had luck with the independent lingerie shops. They seem to know what bras work for us uncommonly sized girls.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Maybe find a regular bra that the cups fit perfect. Then go to the store (fabric stores likes Joanne's have these) and buy bra extenders. They are separate hook and eye pieces about two inches long. You might need to extend the bra with 10 or more of them but it might result in a good solution? Or add a big piece of elastic in between just to get a longer extended bra. A fine department store might have a good bra fitter to help with this problem.

I agree, bra extenders work wonders. They can be hooked together to spread out the back to the length needed. They are sold wherever bras are sold, but you may have to ask the salesperson if you don't see them. They also come in black, white and beige.

Margee

Amazon has a few options in 46A, including this: http://www.amazon.com/Leading-Lady-Womens-Wireless-T-Shirt/dp/B0015I0V14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404914369&sr=8-1&keywords=46a+bra

This is a 46B but it's very possible the brand Glamorise has other styles that do come in 46A - I wore that brand when I was a larger band (I'm a much larger cup:rolleyes:) http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Front-Stretch-Wonderwire/dp/B000VK2LWY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404914410&sr=8-2&keywords=46a+bra

http://www.amazon.com/Amoena-Ruth-Soft-38AA-White/dp/B007NE7L76/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1404914410&sr=8-4&keywords=46a+bra

And so on - just go to Amazon and enter "46a bra" in the search field.

I would recommend a professional bra fitting. Not at Victoria Secret, though, they really aren't trained. The lovely ladies at Neiman Marcus did mine a couple of years ago and it made a remarkable difference in how my bras fit. I always had a difficult time finding what I thought was my size, but having the professionals find my correct size and then find bras in the store in that size for me to try on worked out great. I think Macy's and other department stores have this service, too.

I would recommend a professional bra fitting. Not at Victoria Secret, though, they really aren't trained. The lovely ladies at Neiman Marcus did mine a couple of years ago and it made a remarkable difference in how my bras fit. I always had a difficult time finding what I thought was my size, but having the professionals find my correct size and then find bras in the store in that size for me to try on worked out great. I think Macy's and other department stores have this service, too.

It's not helpful when the store doesn't stock your size, even if they can measure you. For instance, online Nordstrom & Macys don't have any 46A (they do have 46B) This has definitely happened to me in the past - I've been measured all across the country at various stages in my breast size (large but skinny, post-reduction, larger & overweight, thinner but still large etc) The small boutique stores you can find in large cities can be helpful (they were for me in the larger cup sizes, back in those pre-internet days:p) but I don't recall they had a lot of stock in large band/small cup sizes.....

(these days, I know my size and can fit myself because all bras will STILL fit differently even at the "same" size - you just need to learn what the proper fit should look and feel like....) If my boobs are hoisted to midway between my elbow & shoulder when my arm is at 90 degrees, the bra is doing its work;)

It's not helpful when the store doesn't stock your size, even if they can measure you. For instance, online Nordstrom & Macys don't have any 46A (they do have 46B) This has definitely happened to me in the past - I've been measured all across the country at various stages in my breast size (large but skinny, post-reduction, larger & overweight, thinner but still large etc) The small boutique stores you can find in large cities can be helpful (they were for me in the larger cup sizes, back in those pre-internet days:p) but I don't recall they had a lot of stock in large band/small cup sizes.....

(these days, I know my size and can fit myself because all bras will STILL fit differently even at the "same" size - you just need to learn what the proper fit should look and feel like....) If my boobs are hoisted to midway between my elbow & shoulder when my arm is at 90 degrees, the bra is doing its work;)

This is EXACTLY the problem! They assume plus size means double D or bigger. The plus size stores we have tried are all D cups by the time the band goes to 40. She just turned 22 and is getting very depressed when trying to find clothes. She is trying to lose weight but battling manic depression and weight is a lot on her. Thank you all for the help I really do appreciate it!!

I thought about those stretchy sports bras that don't really have a cup size, something like this but you'd have to find one where you would know that it would go around the ribcage.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/lily-of-france-yoga-bra-2151720?ID=1606283&CategoryID=54019#fn=SIZE%3DXXL%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D3%26ruleId%3D79%26slotId%3D2

I thought about those stretchy sports bras that don't really have a cup size, something like this but you'd have to find one where you would know that it would go around the ribcage.

I have to agree, with such a small cup size I don't think a real support bra is needed. Maybe go for some sort of bandeau top, but an A cup with that much "fluffy" surrounding really isn't going to see a major difference with a bra.

I am also concerned that you are doing a self assessment of cup size. Remember that the bust measurement needs to be with the breasts at a rather lifted, front and center measurement. If you are measuring rather flat and droopy then you are missing the majority of what is needed for accurate measurement.

I agree with the above recommendation to try a professional bra fitting. Just google "bra boutique" and the name of your town and see if you have any in the area.

I remember having to go shopping with a friend in Vegas because the airline misrouted her bag, so she needed to buy a bra, and she wore 40A. The only place she found fitting bras was in a specialized shop (but they were REALLY helpful and had a great selection of every conceivable size and then some).

I am near your daughter's bra size in the band and not much more in the cup. I find that Glamorize front hooking bras with wire are the best for me. The straps are more centered on my broad back than the angle provided by back hook bras (plus so much easier to put on with arthritis). I also find that the underwire with the softer cup is "less bulky" than the "thin foam lining" which can not be beaten down with a stick!:D Start with one bra and see how it fits and then order more -- if it does not fit then return so know the return policy before ordering. If you can afford it -- buy several bras that you think might work try on and send back what does not work.

I find it amusing that the most personal and hard to buy items I now buy on-line. Shoes/bras/swimsuits. I try until I find something then I order up a bunch because chances are they will not be there when you try to order again. They can sit in my closet until I need them. I am about to start a bra order for myself. Stretching out makes for poor support. Another good thing about front closure bras is that they don't droop on shoulders as much -- the straps are heading towards the neck naturally. Good Luck

This is a really off beat suggestion.

Try a mastectomy boutique. Women who have had bilateral mastectomies have the problem of still needing the band size but need cups that will hold the size prostheses that they wish to wear.

Many of us that were over-endowed are thrilled to just buy prostheses that are "A" or "B" cup projection. I personally went from a 42 DDDD to just a "A" cup projection.

Be warned; mastectomy bras are expensive. If your daughter can find one that works, she can try to find the bra on-line.