Great News Beer Lovers

Tutontow

I too was hoping for draft.....no such luck it is going to be cans. Here is another good article http://m.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2014/07/09/carnival-cruise-lines-to-start-pouring-cigar-city.html?r=full

I have noticed, more and more Craft Breweries are putting their beers in cans... possibly to capture the hipsterness of BPR...

Oh what great news!!! I've got cans of Fl Cracker and Invasion in frig now! Hope they move it to a draft status. Prices should be in line with Sierra Nevada Pale, similar size. Maybe they'll eventually offer Jai Alai or Madura as well. Puppy Porter would be a nice additional but I think it's seasonal.

I'm a beer girl. I'd love a good craft porter or stout onboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, at the moment, you're left with Guinness, in cans. No longer the "pint of plain" it used to be. :(

Oh what great news!!! I've got cans of Fl Cracker and Invasion in frig now! Hope they move it to a draft status. Prices should be in line with Sierra Nevada Pale, similar size. Maybe they'll eventually offer Jai Alai or Madura as well. Puppy Porter would be a nice additional but I think it's seasonal.

Now we talking!!!

Nice. We love craft beer but can't stand Thirsty Frog Red. It's terrible.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Never had Cigar city craft beer but I will try it. I do like the Thirsty frog beer but it is too heavy for me so I only have a couple, bud lite is my beer choice.

Gary

Best news I have heard since the smoking ban! Hubby and I were actually flying to Tampa 2 days early to enjoy the craft beer scene among other things...and were gonna sample some of this stuff.

Its about time some decent beer was served on the ship, on our cruise last year we had to make do with sub par bass beer as the only option as Red frog was just vile, coloured lager served in a chilled glass....nowhere near a craft beer.

We would be happy to pay a premium price for good beer on board. Hubby and I are hoping they are still stocked up when the Legend departs Tampa for the last time (in a while) for its Journey through the PC then Sydney.

If we see limited stock on board you can bet we will bulk buy and keep them in our mini fridge. :D

Best news I have heard since the smoking ban! Hubby and I were actually flying to Tampa 2 days early to enjoy the craft beer scene among other things...and were gonna sample some of this stuff.

It's been awhile since we did it, but guessing it's only gotten better. If you have some time in Tampa, do try to fit in a tour of the Cigar City brewery. Some of the nicest people I've met making some really great beers.

Unfortunately, at the moment, you're left with Guinness, in cans. No longer the "pint of plain" it used to be. :(

As much as I love Guinness, it would be nice to have more dark beer choices.

Too bad I can't smuggle my favorite Iowa craft beer on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that more Dark beer is needed (I don't like Guinness or most commercial stouts) as I love my porters. Although I guess the dark beer isn't as fitting with the hot weather.

I suggest Carnival research Belgian Mongzo beers to fit with Carribean theme. They do Coconut, Banana, Quenoa, Palm nut and Mango beers...delicious! There is also another Belgian company called Floris that do 10 different fruit beers which would suit.

Thanks for the brewery tip...will definitely check it out even if we just get to the tasting toom. We are staying near the Tampa bay brewing Co bar as well.

Love love beer.

This may be the wrong thread for this question :) But I'm going to take my chances. We are beer and cider drinkers (we'll drink about anything really) ;)

I've been wanting to ask for a while now and this seems like a good opportunity. Does Carnival have a cider selection?

This may be the wrong thread for this question :) But I'm going to take my chances. We are beer and cider drinkers (we'll drink about anything really) ;)

I've been wanting to ask for a while now and this seems like a good opportunity. Does Carnival have a cider selection?

They didn't have any on my last cruise in '12... But ciders were just starting to gain in popularity then... So we will see....

Is it Guinness Pub Draught? Because if it is then it's very much the same as from a tap. The Pub Draught has a "widget" inside that allows the nitrogen to be used for carbonation. Well, I guess I mean nitration? Anyhow it's very good and when poured it settles just as the stuff from a tap. Only difference being you should pour it quickly from the can to the glass.

For something that is light enough for a cruise and good enough for craft beer drinkers I like Red Hook ESB.

Edited by frayedend