Oasis or Adventure

Starting to look into vacation plans for 2015. We are not set on a destination yet, but we may be going to the Caribbean. So my question is...

Oasis of the Seas - Western Caribbean. Stops in Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel.

Have been to Labadee and Cozumel, never to Falmouth, but have been to Ochos Rios. And I know this is mostly a trip for the ship, but we do love to see a destination.

OR...

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean. Stops in St. Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao.

We have been to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Aruba. Never to Curacao and LOVE St. Kitts.

Which would you choose?!

We were on Oasis last year and enjoyed it so much we booked Allure this year (which we just returned from). Next year we are looking at going on the Adventure as they will go places we have never been with the exception of St. Thomas. HOWEVER, as my DW said as we were leaving the port in Ft. Lauderdale "I can sail on this class every year" maybe the southern is not in the cards!!!!! LOL If you have never been on an Oasis class ship GO.....

Both are great ships for different reasons. Oasis is the ship as a destination, the Adventure for the ports. We have them both booked over the next 2 years, and looking forward to a great cruise on both. Have fun with the choices, it will be a hard one!

I don't think you can make a bad choice. Since you have been to most of the ports and really like St. Kitts I would choose the Adventure. If the ship is most important choose the Oasis, if the ports are most important choose the Adventure. I have both the Allure and the Adventure booked, so I couldn't decide between the two either.

I second the ships are equally great for different reasons. If port stops are important definitely choose Adventure. Plus it is fun to go out of Puerto Rico. It is like an extra port! If you enjoy just hanging out on the ship then Oasis is your best bet as you can experience so much without ever leaving the ship. Either choice will give you a great trip.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Starting to look into vacation plans for 2015. We are not set on a destination yet, but we may be going to the Caribbean. So my question is...

Oasis of the Seas - Western Caribbean. Stops in Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel.

Have been to Labadee and Cozumel, never to Falmouth, but have been to Ochos Rios. And I know this is mostly a trip for the ship, but we do love to see a destination.

OR...

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean. Stops in St. Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao.

We have been to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Aruba. Never to Curacao and LOVE St. Kitts.

Which would you choose?!

I agree with the others..Love the southern stops.. Falmouth, a lot of people decide to skip & stay on.. but I do love Oasis & Allure..tough choice.

Just curious, St Kitts is a stop for us next March on Indy. What do you love about it?? Never been there..

We were in the same situation tossing back and fourth on both ships for over a month!

I love the fact of going to the southern caribbean and daughter and her bf will be going and my daughter does not recall going to the southern caribbean because she was young when we went there and my father in law also comes with us and he never seen it. I like the fact it is an extra day cruise and either way (I live in Florida but still fly to FLL I don't do car trips lol) I will need to fly....either way I will need a hotel the night before but if we chose the Adventure we would of stayed in San Juan for 2 nights instead of one. So it took us a month to finally make our decision but first I want to say:

I have been on 53 cruises so far (I am 51, so you can say I have lots of experience) and the Allure was the BEST cruise all of us ever taken! My brother/sister in law came with us also and all 7 of us agree it was the best cruise. We did dine 6 evenings at specialty restaurants on the Allure and found that they weren't as good as the other ships specialty restaurants....Samba Grill was the worst specialty restaurant we ever been to, Izume was eh, four out of seven of us had the hot rocks and it just was not enough to eat for dinner, would of been great for a lunch but they do not offer this for lunch. Chops we went to twice and both times was just good nothing special....150 Central Park excellent service overall but you have to eat the food the chef prepares, honestly I personally didn't think it was anything special perhaps because I have dined at many 4/5 star restaurants so I am comparing them to 150? I loved Vintages for lunch and would go for dinner next time. Rita's was ok for lunch and the Oaiss has the seafood shack....I don't eat hot dogs but found ourselves having a different type of hot dog each day, loved them! Giovanni's was probably our favorite and was very good and would go back. There are many options where to eat breakfast and lunch too. We don't care for shows, so this is not an issue for us. The ship has many offerings and many places to go and not once did we ever feel crowded with all the passengers we all were pleasantly surprised. We been to every port over and over, so itinerary is not important although I like to see different ports but this probably won't happen. The way I see it we are only at port a handful of hours and it is the ship that counts most. As I said this is the best ship I ever been on, therefore, in considering all of this we booked up the Oasis for next year! (the Allure will be in Europe) and the good thing, this October the Oasis goes into dry dock for updates, maintenance and freshening her up, how perfect is this!

Edited by lyndamr