After dinner shots

I've read Royal Caribbean waiters comes around to the tables selling after dinner shots.

I'm wondering what types of alcohol they are.

Are they different each night?

Are they included in the premium beverage package?

I've read Royal Caribbean waiters comes around to the tables selling after dinner shots.

We did not get offered any on our recent FOS cruise.

We did have kids at our table

We did MTD

I don't know if either of the above factored in.

Yes, they are included in the Premium package, with one caveat. The drinks normally come in souvenir glasses, which are not included in the package. You would have to pay extra for the souvenir glass or ask the bar server to come back with the same drink in a regular glass. I'll bet after the first night, the bar server will know to bring some drinks without the souvenir glass to your table.

Edited by clarea

Our experience has varied. Some cruises you see them and some you don't. Some cruises you see them on the first night and if you don't take advantage they won't come by your table the remainder of the cruise. If they know you're buying, they come by every night. They are shooters of varying liqueurs and they're always good. To be honest, it's been a while since I've seen them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've done them with and without the drink package. I will say that with the drink package, it was much more difficult to get the after dinner shots. A few times the waiter said he had no clue what we were talking about so we just ordered shots of Baileys (that is usually the flavor of the shots they serve us with something else added).

We have had these on every single cruise I've been on. Sometimes you do have to ask though, rather than wait for them to circulate the dining room (especially in MTD areas). It makes it so fun for the bar staff to come to your table each night and describe the drink (some of them have unusual names...). I collect the shot glasses and was pleased to see the style had changed on our last cruise in May on Oasis.

For the first time ever, we did see the these glasses being sold on the promenade the day before last.

We've done them with and without the drink package. I will say that with the drink package, it was much more difficult to get the after dinner shots. A few times the waiter said he had no clue what we were talking about so we just ordered shots of Baileys (that is usually the flavor of the shots they serve us with something else added).

If we get the drink package we'll just order what we want like you did.

I'm sure before the beverage packages they brought the shots around to increase their profits which would not be the case with the packages being sold.

Use to be something you could count on at every dinner service, but as others have said,have not seen it in awhile. Why give away more alcohol then need be,with the drink packages. Let the guest ask for it instead. Heck it's getting harder and harder to even get bar service in the dining room anymore. Times are a-changing with Royal and not for the better I fear.

Sent from Cruise Critic App

Use to be something you could count on at every dinner service, but as others have said,have not seen it in awhile. Why give away more alcohol then need be,with the drink packages. Let the guest ask for it instead. Heck it's getting harder and harder to even get bar service in the dining room anymore. Times are a-changing with Royal and not for the better I fear.

Sent from Cruise Critic App

OH NO; Our next three cruises are on Royal because after cruising Celebrity 12 times we feel we they have gone downhill so much we are ready for something different.

Sometimes you have to ask if you don't see them walking around with the tray, I just ask for the after dinner shooters. I have never had a problem getting them even with the drink package. I also enjoy the descriptions, I have never had one I didn't like.

Edited by dacsmom

While they are different variations and mixes each night, they are Bailey's based.

We have done this on most of our cruises...people are right in saying that they are not included in the drink package in the souvenir cup, but are in a glass you don't keep (I have like 36 of the pretty souvenir cups:D).

One thing we find that works is that the first night we have them send over the bar waiter and we tell that person that we are a group (usually 8 or more people travel together) that enjoys their drinks and to make sure to stop by frequently. Once we do that, our glasses are never empty:cool:.

I do remember this from past cruises but on our cruise last month it was never offered. We only remembered the shot of the day existed because we saw it in the compass one morning and had an "Oh yeah, they do that..." moment.

We were just on the Explorer 9 day cruise to Bermuda and Caribbean.... we had the BEST dining room bar steward ever. He came by every night tempting us with the after dinner shots. We would ask what they were and they were usually something made with Bailey's Irish Crème and were always fantastic! WE did have the premium drink package.

They came in fancy royal Caribbean shot glasses that we left on the table at the end of the meal.

On the last night he brought my sister and I clean shot glasses wrapped in bubble wrap to take home with us...... Not sure if that is standard or because we tipped him extra...:rolleyes:

I think you can always stop by one of the bars and ask for the shooter of the day.....

Enjoy!

WE did have the premium drink package.

They came in fancy royal Caribbean shot glasses that we left on the table at the end of the meal.

I wonder if that varies ship to ship? shots included if leave shot glass?