Order rooms are offered -advice please

Hi

have just put a courtesy hold on grand suite 7254 for a cruise next year. A couple of years ago we were in 12254 and really enjoyed it, but this time the options are 7254 6254 7660 6660 8660 10654 8654 9260 7654 6654 8260 6260. We are mostly likely to spend more time on the deck and in the concierge lounge than on the lower decks so I am tempted to change to 10654.

Does anybody have an suggestions as to why it would 6th in order of suggested cabin choices please? Also should I stick with the one they suggested 7254. I am presuming there is a reason they suggest this order??:D:D

Any help or advice appreciated.

Hi

have just put a courtesy hold on grand suite 7254 for a cruise next year. A couple of years ago we were in 12254 and really enjoyed it, but this time the options are 7254 6254 7660 6660 8660 10654 8654 9260 7654 6654 8260 6260. We are mostly likely to spend more time on the deck and in the concierge lounge than on the lower decks so I am tempted to change to 10654.

Does anybody have an suggestions as to why it would 6th in order of suggested cabin choices please? Also should I stick with the one they suggested 7254. I am presuming there is a reason they suggest this order??:D:D

Any help or advice appreciated.

I would be surprised if there is any intended meaning to the order rooms are presented on Royal's website.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reply - I presumed it meant they recommended them in that order for whatever reason. For example what was above and below or what they were close too.

Thanks Again.

I have to agree with Bob that it's unlikely there is any particular order to how available cabins are listed. Especially when you consider the many different preferences people have. We always stay in a midship cabin, not too high up. That's perfect for us but it certainly isn't a preferred location for everyone..............

Thank you both for your thoughts - I have tonight to sleep on it and decide. Though if whoever has 12254 would like to give it up I would be happy to take it off your hands.:D:)

I have seen no pattern. I am fairly particular in my my cabin location in regards to public decks immediately below or above my cabin, not too close to the stairways/elevator banks, an d preferably not next or across from "white space" in the deck plans.

Sometimes my ideal cabin shows up on the first screen, other times I have to click on "give me another set of cabins" in the same category.

Having said that, I imagine they do track how fast certain cabins book. If they see certain cabins book quickly over a period of time, they will move it a higher category during the next slice and dice on assigning categories. Conversely if certain cabin are slow mover they move them down in categories.

As others have said there is no order of preference to the listing - just those that are available. They are all basically the same.

That being said we had 10654 on Oasis and loved the location to the elevator banks and the Concierge Lounge. That would be my choice.

Thank you both for your thoughts - I have tonight to sleep on it and decide. Though if whoever has 12254 would like to give it up I would be happy to take it off your hands.:D:)

Did you type that number in to see if it was available? Also it doesn't hurt to ask Royal over the phone about a certain room. They don't list all of the available rooms on the website.