Bermuda Beaches

cperk97

The beaches never close, they're open 24 hours a day, every day, except during hurricanes when, of course, they are closed. But then you're not likely to be here on a cruise ship during a hurricane so the beaches are all yours whenever you want.

Horseshoe beach is the favourite and there's extra buses to there from Dockyard, although it's easy enough to get there on the number 7 bus.

Edited by jollyjones

The beaches never close, they're open 24 hours a day, every day, except during hurricanes when, of course, they are closed. But then you're not likely to be here on a cruise ship during a hurricane so the beaches are all yours whenever you want.

Horseshoe beach is the favourite and there's extra buses to there from Dockyard, although it's easy enough to get there on the number 7 bus.

So we can get to Horseshoe Bay by taking the 7 bus from the backyard? How often does the bus run and how much does it cost?

Glad I checked out this thread since this is what I came for!

You can catch the public bus near the glass studio and each token is $4. Or there are special buses that leave from inside the pier area that take you straight there, which we didn't know about until after.

If you are going to beautiful Horseshoe Bay, I would take the special bus at the dockyard. I believe that it starts running at 9:am and it will take you direct for the $4 dollar token. We were just there last week and had a great time. We got there early and left before 2. It dos get crowded, but you can walk to the left and there is plenty of open areas. It's the best!.

Horsehoe Bay is probably the best beach on the island. Elbow Beach is also really nice I hear but was not able to see it for myself on my last cruise there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you and all others for recommending Horseshoe as the best beach in Bermuda. Just got back from a 12 day Bermuda vacation and while the cruisers were squeezing into Horseshoe and Tobacco Bay my wife and I enjoyed our solitude on just about every other beach we went to.

Make sure you do research on the public transportation in Bermuda. There are 1,2,and 3 day passes you can buy at the Dockyard and it cuts your transportation costs way down from buying the $4 tokens. If you buy the passes, you have to pay with cash. They don't accept credit or debit cards. If you pay in cash on the bus, it is coins only, no paper money. There are just a few of the must knows before you use the public transportation but it really the best way to get around Bermuda.

Thank you and all others for recommending Horseshoe as the best beach in Bermuda. Just got back from a 12 day Bermuda vacation and while the cruisers were squeezing into Horseshoe and Tobacco Bay my wife and I enjoyed our solitude on just about every other beach we went to.

I agree. I guess because the bus stops there, that is the place to go. But there are several beaches a couple minutes up the trail from Horseshoe that are more picturesque and secluded.

Burt

Just there last week on Breakaway. You can buy one and two day transportation passes on the ship at the Excursion Desk. Use them for all buses and ferries. The two day passes must be used for two consecutive days.

We got on the first Special Bus to Horseshoe Beach, spent some time there, then walked the south beaches to Warwick Long Bay Beach and back. Stunning walk. Most beautiful beaches I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of beaches both in the Caribbean and Hawaii and Maui.

The south beaches in Bermuda are just incredible.

Have fun!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

If you like to walk, you could exit the bus at Horseshoe Bay and walk to 5 beaches.

See this post by SBtS.... where are you SBtS ??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28514684&postcount=2

In fact he did a superb post about all things to do and see. If you want to look at it : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41801463&postcount=429

Have fun !

If you like to walk, you could exit the bus at Horseshoe Bay and walk to 5 beaches.

See this post by SBtS.... where are you SBtS ??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28514684&postcount=2

In fact he did a superb post about all things to do and see. If you want to look at it : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41801463&postcount=429

Have fun !

Thanks for the info!

Make sure you do research on the public transportation in Bermuda. There are 1,2,and 3 day passes you can buy at the Dockyard and it cuts your transportation costs way down from buying the $4 tokens. If you buy the passes, you have to pay with cash. They don't accept credit or debit cards. If you pay in cash on the bus, it is coins only, no paper money. There are just a few of the must knows before you use the public transportation but it really the best way to get around Bermuda.

Can you tell me how much those passes were, and if they take American cash?

Can you tell me how much those passes were, and if they take American cash?

1 day pass : 15$

2 day pass : 25$

3 day pass : 35$

The 2 day pass is valid for 2 consecutive days.

USD is accepted everywhere, don't worry.

Have fun !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Horseshoe Bay does rent chairs and umbrellas. The chairs are $11 plus a $5 deposit. The umbrellas are also $11 plus a $5 deposit. They have a small restaurant with a few tables. The menu is limited, burgers, etc. There is also a stand set up with bear, soda and I think they were making some kind of tropical drinks. We were just there last week and had a great time. Get there early. They also have restrooms, showers and changing facilities.

An other option is CoCo Reef,

They offer day pass at 60$ pp, including : towel, chair, umbrella, changing rooms, restroom, private part of the beach, pool, 2 or 3 course meal and 1 drink with lunch.

I think it's great value.

An other option is CoCo Reef,

They offer day pass at 60$ pp, including : towel, chair, umbrella, changing rooms, restroom, private part of the beach, pool, 2 or 3 course meal and 1 drink with lunch.

I think it's great value.

.....we will be going there one of the days we are docked. We have been there before and will go there again. Beach, pool and lunch, can't beat that bargain for $60.

:)

wasiii

Yes thankfully HB still attracts the throngs.

Actually we think the nicest beach on Bermuda is Warwick Long Bay. Gorgeous, long beach with pink sand, beautiful cliff views with the longtails flying in and out. Usually devoid of ppl, when we stay across the street from WLB on Bermuda we see very few cruisers there, while Horseshoe and others are packed.

And you also have Jobsen's Cove which is a beautiful and intimate spot.

For those folks needing amenities HB, Elbow, and the day passes at the hotels are the best options. For those of us who can live with a towel on the sand and bring our own lunch and drinks we are treated to a different experience.

Hopefully amenities aren't soon added at WLB and it remains relatively peaceful.

Edited by blue_water

Yes thankfully HB still attracts the throngs.

Actually we think the nicest beach on Bermuda is Warwick Long Bay. Gorgeous, long beach with pink sand, beautiful cliff views with the longtails flying in and out. Usually devoid of ppl, when we stay across the street from WLB on Bermuda we see very few cruisers there, while Horseshoe and others are packed.

And you also have Jobsen's Cove which is a beautiful and intimate spot.

For those folks needing amenities HB, Elbow, and the day passes at the hotels are the best options. For those of us who can live with a towel on the sand and bring our own lunch and drinks we are treated to a different experience.

Hopefully amenities aren't soon added at WLB and it remains relatively peaceful.

Sorry to tell ya ,but, There is a trailer with food , chairs and umbrellas @ warwick last week that was busy .