Luggage question???

I have bought a new super duper, very light weight hard sided suitcase with 4 wheels. I'm now concerned it won't be big enough, especially when bringing back more than we went with.

Now, I'm considering whether or not to buy a cabin size bag, but my question is....

Is it easy to wheel 2 suitcases at the same time?

I really did not want to buy a larger case.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

I have bought a new super duper, very light weight hard sided suitcase with 4 wheels. I'm now concerned it won't be big enough, especially when bringing back more than we went with.

Now, I'm considering whether or not to buy a cabin size bag, but my question is....

Is it easy to wheel 2 suitcases at the same time?

I really did not want to buy a larger case.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

I have done this numerous times but maybe it is more difficult for you.

You may want to see if the second bag can be strapped to the first or put on top, as you wheel it around. Without seeing the first bag or even your second bag, it is very hard to answer your query, as some people are more skilled with baggage handling then others and some bags are easier to handle than others. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

It all depends on your dexterity, and where you're going.

If it's moving them short distances in the concourse of a modern airport or railway station, it's not such a hassle if you've got enough dexterity and they're not overly heavy.

But if you're shuffling them along streets, in buses, through pedestrians on small kerbs and they're very loaded, it's a bit of a hassle. So there's a range of responses dependingo on the situation.

After years of travel on planes, European trains, and ships I offer a few things for you to consider. First of all learn to pack less than what you think you need, especially shoes and thick jumpers which take up considerable space. Buy a cabin size bag with wheels that you can use for other occasions, for example weekend away. More importantly, one that, because of its size and shape, can comfortably sit on the top end of your suitcase as you wheel it. The newer ones have a tight strap that slips over the slide out handle of the suitcase, and try before you buy. Its very difficult to handle 2 wheelie bags of different sizes especially on steps and rough surfaces. The only other alternatives are a small backpack or a cabin bag you can carry over your shoulder. The back pack once emptied will come in handy during your holidays for day trips.

Two can be handful at times however, it can be done. Also I noticed from your cruising history that you do a number of line voyages that require a flight home,that may need be a consideration as to bag size.

Yes, it is easy to manage two bags at once.

I have a spinner check-in bag and a wheelie carry-on and managed them both quite easily through several airports on a trip to India recently. I also have an soft overnight bag which slips over the handle of the spinner if I need an extra check-in bag.

Whatever option you choose will depend on what baggage allowance you have on flights.

And if you are intending on travelling by train or public transport try to minimise your luggage as much as possible.

Take a test run up the street near home maybe before you go. Imagine yourself stepping over the gap of a train platform, or lugging them both onto the escalator.

We bought a tote that had very narrow wheels, and it got quite a sideways wobble when trying to tow it as well as the 4 wheeler. It would not sit on the other one, and it was not a patch on the backpack I used to take, and will take again.

We bought a light hard case, so that our stuff wouldn't get wet when it was raining like another time. Boy they can smash those hard sided ones pretty quickly! No cases are perfect, but if you can't get around comfortably then they are just annoying.

Take a test run up the street near home maybe before you go. Imagine yourself stepping over the gap of a train platform, or lugging them both onto the escalator.

We bought a tote that had very narrow wheels, and it got quite a sideways wobble when trying to tow it as well as the 4 wheeler. It would not sit on the other one, and it was not a patch on the backpack I used to take, and will take again.

We bought a light hard case, so that our stuff wouldn't get wet when it was raining like another time. Boy they can smash those hard sided ones pretty quickly! No cases are perfect, but if you can't get around comfortably then they are just annoying.

Taking the cases for a test run is a great idea. Perhaps in the store, up and down the escalator or elevator, if possible, or at least just around the area over carpet and tiles.:D

Two spinners are quite easy to handle providing they are not both very large. When we travel we usually opt for one spinner and a backpack. Most backpacks can take as much as a carry-on case and are so much easier to carry, leaving both hands free to push one case and open doors without any hassle,

Just saw in Sydney yesterday dad pulling along two large trolley cases with two little girls sitting on those wheeled animal shaped kids cases being pulled along behind as they where attached to the cases.Just goes to show anything is possible.

Just saw in Sydney yesterday dad pulling along two large trolley cases with two little girls sitting on those wheeled animal shaped kids cases being pulled along behind as they where attached to the cases.Just goes to show anything is possible.

That would have been amusing to watch. I have seen the luggage trains that some families use around the airport. It can be very funny watching them meander throught the terminal.:D

Two spinners are quite easy to handle providing they are not both very large. When we travel we usually opt for one spinner and a backpack. Most backpacks can take as much as a carry-on case and are so much easier to carry, leaving both hands free to push one case and open doors without any hassle,

Sadly I have finally had to stop using my beloved carry-on backpack that has travelled the world with me over many years. I'm no longer a young as I'd like to be, and also have a bad knee, and the backpack was getting harder and harder to carry on those long airport terminal hikes.

I finally invested in a wheeled carry-on and used it on my last trip. It's a wide, low "business" bag, with a padded slot for my laptop. I found it excellent. The only downside is that it is not a spinner and it's too wide to wheel down very narrow plane aisles.

My check-in bag is a spinner and I found them both easy to manage through all the various airports on our Indian internal flights.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ