Top Floor Dining Packages

little britain

Just back from Quest and note they now have Dining Packages - which effectively mean that the specialty restaurants are booked out by lunch on Day 1!! They do represent very good value IMO.

3 Table Tour - $60pp

1 night at Aqualina; 1 night at Prime C and 3rd night at either

4 Table Tour - $80pp

2 nights at Aqualina; 2 nights at Prime C

Chefs Table Plus 2 - $115pp

1 night at Aqualina; 1 night at Prime C; 1 night at Chefs Table

Chefs Table Plus 4 - $155pp

2 nights at Aqualina; 2 nights at Prime C; 1 night at Chefs Table

Chefs Table Tour $255pp

3 nights at Chefs Table.

Thank you for this information. I think it's a clever way for Azamara to get extra revenue and fill the specialty restaurants with more paying guests as we all like to feel we are getting a good deal. On a number of my cruises, certain Chef's Table dinners had to be cancelled as they require a minimum number of guests, so this "deal" should bring those numbers up.

In the past I have preferred to check the nightly dinner menu for the MDR before choosing which nights I would prefer to dine in the specialty restaurants, but it seems now I'll need to make our reservations before I even get on board :eek:.

I wonder if once purchased, you can still back out if you haven't actually used any dinners yet. I don't think I'd be fan of an "unhosted" Chef's Table, and I also wouldn't appreciate dining with a group so large that we had to dine in the library instead of Prime C.

Thank you for this information. I think it's a clever way for Azamara to get extra revenue and fill the specialty restaurants with more paying guests as we all like to feel we are getting a good deal. On a number of my cruises, certain Chef's Table dinners had to be cancelled as they require a minimum number of guests, so this "deal" should bring those numbers up.

In the past I have preferred to check the nightly dinner menu for the MDR before choosing which nights I would prefer to dine in the specialty restaurants, but it seems now I'll need to make our reservations before I even get on board :eek:.

I wonder if once purchased, you can still back out if you haven't actually used any dinners yet. I don't think I'd be fan of an "unhosted" Chef's Table, and I also wouldn't appreciate dining with a group so large that we had to dine in the library instead of Prime C.

Are you sure you wouldn't like this? While I think Prime C is gorgeous, I saw the library used for dinner one night (for the suite guest and the Captain) and it was breathtaking! The long table fit exactly in the center below the painted ceiling mural and when it's laid out with all that sparkling stemware and beautiful place settings, well, let's just say I was pea green with envy that I wasn't one of the guests.

Are you sure you wouldn't like this? While I think Prime C is gorgeous, I saw the library used for dinner one night (for the suite guest and the Captain) and it was breathtaking! The long table fit exactly in the center below the painted ceiling mural and when it's laid out with all that sparkling stemware and beautiful place settings, well, let's just say I was pea green with envy that I wasn't one of the guests.

You make the setting sound lovely, but I have really enjoyed being able to engage in conversation with all the guests at the Chef's Table. With a much larger table, we would probably loose a lot of the intimacy and have simultaneous conversations going on at both ends of the table. Maybe we've just been lucky and always had groups that really clicked. For the last Chef's Table, we all kept talking until after midnight, and only left reluctantly because it was the last night of the cruise and we knew we had to get our bags out into the hallway. Johnathan, the Food and Beverage Manager hosted, and he was a pleasure to dine with.

I've been a guest at one of the dinners hosted in the library. The setting was beautiful, the food superb, the wines special. HOWEVER it was impossible to talk to anyone other than the people I was seated next to because the table is so big. Conversation across the table was virtually impossible without shouting. It would have been a good idea to seat spouses/partners separately, but they didn't. (Hey, I can talk to my husband any time.;)) It was an interesting evening.

I've been a guest at one of the dinners hosted in the library. The setting was beautiful, the food superb, the wines special. HOWEVER it was impossible to talk to anyone other than the people I was seated next to because the table is so big. Conversation across the table was virtually impossible without shouting. It would have been a good idea to seat spouses/partners separately, but they didn't. (Hey, I can talk to my husband any time.;)) It was an interesting evening.

Thank you for the information. That's what I feared it would be like. Did they seat you and your husband next to each other? We have been seated opposite each other.

Thank you for the information. That's what I feared it would be like. Did they seat you and your husband next to each other? We have been seated opposite each other.

We were seated next to each other. Opposite would have been better. I know that there are people who feel uncomfortable being seated next to people they don't know. I find it a great way to meet new people.

When the captain hosts a table in the main dining room, the conversation is easier because the group is smaller and the distance across the table is smaller. These have been among the best dinners we've had on the ships.

Edited by tgg

We were seated next to each other. Opposite would have been better. I know that there are people who feel uncomfortable being seated next to people they don't know. I find it a great way to meet new people.

When the captain hosts a table in the main dining room, the conversation is easier because the group is smaller and the distance across the table is smaller. These have been among the best dinners we've had on the ships.

Agreed, we especially enjoyed dinner with Captain Jose.

I got one of these dinners and it was awful!!!!! the person to my left was in land discovers- i was on an end and the people across were not my type. i got up several times to walk to the other end to talk to people I knew. since i was single they should of place me more centered. also we had two hosts and they were on ends not middle. hosts belong in middle.

When igo to a chef's table i want an officer and i seen jewely's to guest lecturers.. In both cases i am not buying or listening so it was hard. Also Grace's dinners are longer than i want to sit.

How do the new dining packages impact Club Suite occupants who get no cost access to the specialty restaurants? Will the ability to get a table be less if more people take advantage of the packages? One of the things that we really liked was to make an impromptu decision on where to eat. What now?

How do the new dining packages impact Club Suite occupants who get no cost access to the specialty restaurants? Will the ability to get a table be less if more people take advantage of the packages? One of the things that we really liked was to make an impromptu decision on where to eat. What now?

Wouldn't you think they'd set aside a certain number of tables every night so that suite guests who are entitled to eat in the restaurants wouldn't be denied a seat?

Wouldn't you think they'd set aside a certain number of tables every night so that suite guests who are entitled to eat in the restaurants wouldn't be denied a seat?

I have no clue. I was hoping someone who was in a Club Suite could give some input.

......So much for this information.

We are on Quest in 12 days time and we will now be ready and prepared to book speciality restaurants.

We left it far too late on our last trip, mainly because we loved Discoveries, and when we did fancy a change the only times offered to us were very early or very late. We took the late option and the restaurant was practically empty????

Jen

The only times ever offered are early or late, so they can seat each table twice in the specialty restaurants.

Hi Host Andy, Spursgirl, dln929, and many others,

A good booking engine with all the bells & whistles that would allow online pre-booking of EVERYTHING is on all of our wish lists! I personally have no insight as to when that project will get funded, but we know eventually it will be a reality.

Re. LCV benefits, I'll call attention to your suggestions and concerns to those who manage this important area.

Re. availability of tables in the Specialty Restaurants, I am 100% sure they first factor in the number of suites sold x party size and then project how many tables at various times they have available.

I specifically asked this question and was told "no", the suite guests have to book along with every one else and take what times are left (if any). The man in aqualina said " this is a restaurant for everyone and not just for suite guests"' which I do appreciate but as suites are sold with the facility to dine here as one of the perks, and as most people are not on CC I can anticipate some suite guests could feel that Aza have not delivered what they think they have bought or are entitled to.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is a good idea for the following reasons.

Previous posts of mine have commented that when 2 for 1 was offered service became abysmal.

1: 45 minute wait for a frozen dessert to be produced and instances of drunken drinking competitions in Prime C with people having to be practically carried out.

2: Too many people for the staff to service properly.

3: Restricted availability for suite guests because of 2 for 1

4: As there are 40 cabins that get speciality as a perk then in theory they could be fully utilised by suite members as I believe there are only approx 40 seats per restaurant anyway.

My next cruise is Christmas in owners suite so I will be more than upset if I do not get my choice of dining but looks like an early embarkation MAY fix this.

Not sure if this is an improvement.

Agree that speciality dining should be offered as an extra tier perk to encourage loyalty rather than discounting to get bums on seats.

The whole point of speciality dining is to be able to take your time and be able to enjoy it.

It was terrible watching the 6 or so staff practically running to keep service up to speed.

Not sure if this is a good idea for the following reasons.

Previous posts of mine have commented that when 2 for 1 was offered service became abysmal.

1: 45 minute wait for a frozen dessert to be produced and instances of drunken drinking competitions in Prime C with people having to be practically carried out.

2: Too many people for the staff to service properly.

3: Restricted availability for suite guests because of 2 for 1

4: As there are 40 cabins that get speciality as a perk then in theory they could be fully utilised by suite members as I believe there are only approx 40 seats per restaurant anyway.

My next cruise is Christmas in owners suite so I will be more than upset if I do not get my choice of dining but looks like an early embarkation MAY fix this.

Not sure if this is an improvement.

Agree that speciality dining should be offered as an extra tier perk to encourage loyalty rather than discounting to get bums on seats.

The whole point of speciality dining is to be able to take your time and be able to enjoy it.

It was terrible watching the 6 or so staff practically running to keep service up to speed.

Completely disagree with all of this. We're just off three Journey cruises, the last two of which offered Top Floor Dining packages.

We dined in specialty restaurants nine times over the course of those two cruises and the service was excellent every time. There were no long waits between courses. The servers and maitre d' were attentive as always.

And, as someone was told above, the specialty restaurants are for ALL passengers (this is NOT Cunard with multiple dining classes), and everyone should be entitled to a table on a first-come, first-reserved basis. The specialties are not private dining rooms for suite guests, and they are emphasized on all Azamara marketing materials, print and on-line, as being available for everyone. The only difference for suite guests is that there is no up-charge. There is NO guarantee of a table every time a suite guest wants one.

And I'll bet suite guests do get "drunk" on occasion, too. The elitism demonstrated by some here is a real turn-off for this cruiser.

We dined in specialty restaurants nine times over the course of those two cruises and the service was excellent every time. There were no long waits between courses. The servers and maitre d' were attentive as always.

This has been my recent experience too and consistent with what I've always enjoyed at the Specialities. Dined in them five times on a recent back to back trip and service and food were excellent. Maître d' Alex in Prime C was top notch.

Phil

Wow!!

Well perhaps I am "elitist" or a snob but the facts are as stated.

1:Drunkenness was seen and commented on not just by me but staff also

2: Service was poor and reason given was "overbooking" because of 2 for 1

3: Dining may be "free" to suite passengers but as it is included as a selling point of suites then I believe I am entitled to be miffed if I could not get it unless I booked all days on first day.

I agree that normally service is excellent and Alex always does his best but he is under pressure to maximise revenue as much as the next man.

No need to get all excited with this. Procter made a valid point. A packed Aqualina or Prime C often results in very busy evenings for the staff. He says they are slightly undermanned, and I agree. The result being a slightly poorer dining experience than necessary.

The packages is bad news for everybody, -not only for suite guests.

First of all: Our ideal cruise would include one or maybe two evenings in the speciality restaurants. Now we can't even get one, if you don't get on the waiting list when embarking,that is.

We did have the Chefs Table once and we where quite happy with it, but on a one week cruise I would not do it again. Why? Takes too long time.

We like to have dinner under the stars in Windows cafe and we love the food in Discoveries.

Once in a while I like to go to Aqualina, -but I prefer to drop it now that it is so much hassle with it.

Never seen drunk people there, but if someone has, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Thanks Andy, A great idea as what concerned me is that suite guests, who are able to dine in the restaurants every night 'subject to availability' may not get a table any night! :eek:

This was the case for us on the Quest in December. We felt Azamara did not deliver one of the main suite perks which was a big selling point to us in booking a suite. We were able to make only one reservation which was for the first night.

This was the case for us on the Quest in December. We felt Azamara did not deliver one of the main suite perks which was a big selling point to us in booking a suite. We were able to make only one reservation which was for the first night.

How did they not deliver? I believe you failed to plan ahead.

On a two week cruise this past February, friends had a suite. They dined in the specialty restaurants every single night. As soon as they boarded, not on the pier, they requested alternating specialty restaurants for the duration of the cruise and had no problem.

On a two week cruise this past February, friends had a suite. They dined in the specialty restaurants every single night. As soon as they boarded, not on the pier, they requested alternating specialty restaurants for the duration of the cruise and had no problem.

Last cruise, we were in a suite and quickly booked alternating specialty restaurants for every night. But we've been on many Azamara cruises and knew what to do. What about the people who are new to Azamara and are not on CruiseCritic? They might not know to make early reservations and think that, because they are in a suite, they can have access any time they want it. I know that some here will say "live and learn" while other will be a little more understanding.

We leave in a few weeks for a B2B on the Journey. We're in an oceanview cabin so we are relieved of this booking problem.;)

In 2012 requesting 24 hours in advance was plenty of time to reserve a specialty restaurant. In 2013, we tried booking on the first full day onboard. Too late. I don't think we failed to plan, I think more people are booking specialty restaurants which makes the perk of unlimited access to specialty restaurants for all suites impossible to deliver. IMO Azamara needs to rethink this perk. IMO your comment was a bit harsh but I have my girl panties on so have a good day.