Majesty of the Seas trip report with pictures

Thanks so much for posting this! We're sailing on Majesty for the second time on 8/1 and I'm so excited. This was a great way for me to see what's changed (and what hasn't) since the last time we were on her. Thanks again!

What a great review with beautiful photos- I knew that I was going to enjoy your review after the Warning in your first post! Sounds like you had a perfect anniversary cruise on a great 'little' ship! :)

There was quite a discussion recently about what people DON'T want to see in reviews. So I thought I'd better let everyone know what to expect. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

We leave on the majesty in 11 days and would love to see you compasses. Also how much did they charge for the taste of Tuscany dinner? Your photos are beautiful and have me excited for our trip!! Any songs we should request at the piano bar?

I need to scan and upload the Compasses but I promise I will post them tonight. Stay tuned!

The Taste of Tuscany was $30 per person. I thought it was worth it - very good food and service and we enjoyed the presentation.

The piano bar was so much fun. Joe Hollywood has a big song book you can choose from and he played a good variety with a lot of newer stuff. Just don't request Red Solo Cup. Someone requested it and he didn't want to play it. I'm not sure why it was in his book. :) He learns everyone's names too.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Hello,

I was in Miami Beach waving you all off on the 4th,

Hope you had a great cruise

Joe

Thank you for the send off! You weren't that guy at the end of the jetty, were you? :) I have no idea how he got all the way out there.

One of the waiters mentioned something about 2016, but who knows for sure.

I've got to wonder if the front line staff are asked this question so much that they just throw out a year that's a couple years in advance.

Edited by aurelius180

I've got to wonder if the front line staff are asked this question so much that they just throw out a year that's a couple years in advance.

I didn't even ask. The waiter just mentioned it when we were talking about which ships were his favorites.

If you look back on Cruise Critic, people have been speculating on when Majesty is going to go away for at least the past 2 years. I don't think anyone will really know until Royal Caribbean makes an official announcement. Personally, I'd love to see some newer ships on the 3-and 4-day itineraries.

If you look back on Cruise Critic, people have been speculating on when Majesty is going to go away for at least the past 2 years. I don't think anyone will really know until Royal Caribbean makes an official announcement. Personally, I'd love to see some newer ships on the 3-and 4-day itineraries.

I think it's been way longer than that, think I found a google reference to 2008 that the ink was dry on Pullmantur contract.

Anyway, there is only one line that I know of that puts their newest ships on 3 and 4 day rotation and seems to make good money (DCL). It would be nice to see them try it with Freedom class (largest ship that can go to CC). I don't know if Radiance or Vision class would be enough newer than Majesty to matter much. But someday we'll likely find out....... no guesses on when.

Edited by CP3o
spelling

I didn't even ask. The waiter just mentioned it when we were talking about which ships were his favorites.

Sorry...I wasn't directing that to you but just saying in general that they must be asked quite often. I'm sure they really have no idea and are just speculating as has been done on here ad nauseam.

I think it's been way longer than that, think I found a google reference to 2008 that the ink was dry on Pullmantur contract.

Anyway, there is only one line that I know of that puts their newest ships on 3 and 4 day rotation and seems to make good money (DCL). It would be nice to see them try it with Freedom class (largest ship that can go to CC). I don't know if Radiance or Vision class would be enough newer than Majesty to matter much. But someday we'll likely find out....... no guesses on when.

2008, that's funny! 6 years later...

I thought Enchantment was a nice upgrade from Monarch. And I'd love to do a Radiance-class ship to the Bahamas. Mostly I just like to try different ships so it would be nice if they rotated more often. When is NCL Sky going to go away??? :)

Sorry...I wasn't directing that to you but just saying in general that they must be asked quite often. I'm sure they really have no idea and are just speculating as has been done on here ad nauseam.

No problem. I think the staff must get asked that a lot and that's probably why the waiter mentioned it.

How was the bar service, staffed well or had to wait for service? Were there any lines to buy soda cards or beverage packages when first board? Happen to know if they sold them at various places?

Parking at Miami fairly easy?

Did you attend any C&A events?

How was the bar service, staffed well or had to wait for service? Were there any lines to buy soda cards or beverage packages when first board? Happen to know if they sold them at various places?

Parking at Miami fairly easy?

Did you attend any C&A events?

The bar service was fine. It got busy around the pool bar but they handled it well. They also added "mobile bars" around the pool deck during busy hours where you could just grab a bottle of beer. Bar service in the main dining room seemed a little slow.

My husband got the Select Package. When we got onboard, we were told the only place to sign up for the drink packages was in the lobby so we waited in a long, long line. But then when we got up to the pool, of course they were selling the packages up there too! So forget the lobby and head straight to the pool deck. :)

The pool bar didn't have limes the first afternoon but they did get them later.

There were two Freestyle soda machines in the Windjammer. We didn't see them anywhere else on the ship.

Parking in Miami was right across from the terminal. Very easy but expensive - $20 a day.

There was a C&A event but we didn't attend. It was held in Boleros on formal night (second night).

Edited by CruisinCrow

My husband got the Select Package. When we got onboard, we were told the only place to sign up for the drink packages was in the lobby so we waited in a long, long line. But then when we got up to the pool, of course they were selling the packages up there too! So forget the lobby and head straight to the pool deck. :)

That's a good tip! It's always been easy to get soda cards for kids but I wondered now that selling the packages the lines might get long. Did he like the Select package, happy with beer selection and wine? I'm traveling with a friend who may get it.

That's a good tip! It's always been easy to get soda cards for kids but I wondered now that selling the packages the lines might get long. Did he like the Select package, happy with beer selection and wine? I'm traveling with a friend who may get it.

He mostly drinks Miller Lite so he was happy. You still have to sign for drinks even though there's no charge. I thought our statement the last morning would list all the zero charges but it didn't, it only listed the ones where he tipped extra. But judging by the pile of receipts, the package was worth it for him. :)

Great review with pictures. Thank you for posting, it really helps. We are sailing on the same cruise on July 25th also for our anniversary. We originally booked outside cabin on deck 4 and then I have upgraded it for $30 to deck 9 as everyone on CC suggested, even though it's obstructed. Anyhow. my question is, how much did you pay for the Breezes all inclusive? Also, how did you get there? Taxi, bus, etc. and how much was it? Someone on the board said there is a beach within walking distance from the dock. Do you know anything about it? Thank you so much.

Helen.

Great review with pictures. Thank you for posting, it really helps. We are sailing on the same cruise on July 25th also for our anniversary. We originally booked outside cabin on deck 4 and then I have upgraded it for $30 to deck 9 as everyone on CC suggested, even though it's obstructed. Anyhow. my question is, how much did you pay for the Breezes all inclusive? Also, how did you get there? Taxi, bus, etc. and how much was it? Someone on the board said there is a beach within walking distance from the dock. Do you know anything about it? Thank you so much.

Helen.

I am one of those people who always suggest that people book on Deck 9 of Her Majesty, regardless of the partially obstructed view. We have been on Her Majesty 10 times, 9 of them on Deck 9. Nicely larger cabins....and bigger window.

From those that I know the timeline for Her Majesty has remained 2016 for her retirement. By then Royal will have 3 more new ships out, and ample choices for her replacement. It is a very profitable set of itineraries, and it would be nice for the ship that takes her place to have more fun features and it will, of course.

For now....all those that can go on her, should. They will be treated to a wonderful crew and have a fun time.

We may be on her again, Thanksgiving Weekend 2014. It is easy for us to book relatively last minute, since we live in the Fort Lauderdale area and don't have to worry about airline reservations.

I need to scan and upload the Compasses but I promise I will post them tonight. Stay tuned!

The Taste of Tuscany was $30 per person. I thought it was worth it - very good food and service and we enjoyed the presentation.

The piano bar was so much fun. Joe Hollywood has a big song book you can choose from and he played a good variety with a lot of newer stuff. Just don't request Red Solo Cup. Someone requested it and he didn't want to play it. I'm not sure why it was in his book. :) He learns everyone's names too.

Thanks for the info, we're doing a "girls cruise" with 11 family members leaving on the 25th. I thought that the dinner would be fun especially if it's only us! I know that we'll get to know the piano guy well, I hope we don't drive him nuts! It's going to be a good time. I just got off the Allure (we were on her for July 4th) so it will be fun spending time on a smaller ship where everyone knows your name! Did they still have Quest?

Thanks for all the info and photos!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Helen.

Breezes is $65 a person and is all-inclusive (food, drinks, water sports, towels). It's for ages 14 and up. We took the #10 bus, which costs $1.25 a person. I think a taxi for 2 people is something like $15.

The beach within walking distance is called Junkanoo Beach. We've never gone there so I can't comment on it from experience. But there is a lot of information about it on the Bahamas board.

Happy Anniversary!

Here are some general comments and tips about the cruise:

• I was pleasantly surprised at the service is the Windjammer. There was always someone directing people to empty seats, tables were cleared quickly and the waiters would even bring you coffee in the morning. I thought that was nice.

• Our room steward was one of the best we've had.

• Service in the MDR seemed a bit frazzled. I attributed it to a cut in the number of dining room staff. There are just fewer waiters to cover more tables. We had My Time Dining and made reservations the second night so we had the same wait staff. The tables for two were a reasonable distance from each other. :)

• To get towels to take into port, you have to pick them up on Deck 3 by the photo gallery. Then when you get back on board, they have a stand set up on Deck 1 to return them. They scan your Sign and Sail card when you check the towels in and out. I don't think you had to check out towels to use on the ship but I'm not positive because we didn't need them.

• Compared to Monarch of the Seas, I thought Majesty was a bit nicer especially because of the additional dining options.

• If you're interested in the Taste of Tuscany or Chef's Table, I'd recommend going to see the maitre d' as soon as you get onboard. When we made our reservations, the maitre d' was really busy trying to get people seated so it was hard to get all the information. For example, The Taste of Tuscany was supposed to include a galley tour but we never found out when or where to meet so we missed it.

• Don't miss the crepes!

Finally, here are the promised Cruise Compasses!

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/MajestyCompass.pdf

And here's a link to the Taste of Tuscany menu.

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/TasteofTuscany.pdf

Thank you so much!! I absolutely wanted to see this for my upcoming cruise!! 17 days and this will be me!!

Silly question - were people very dressed up on formal night? I have one dress that I'm trying to get the per wear usage down, but it may be fancier than what I would typically think I'd see on a weekend cruise. It's also not very tropical.

Thank you so much!! I absolutely wanted to see this for my upcoming cruise!! 17 days and this will be me!!

Silly question - were people very dressed up on formal night? I have one dress that I'm trying to get the per wear usage down, but it may be fancier than what I would typically think I'd see on a weekend cruise. It's also not very tropical.

There were some but not many. Most of the ones who were very dressed up were coming from the Crown & Anchor event. I say if you want to wear your formal-wear, go for it! The people who were dressed up looked great.

Most people were just dressed neatly and nicely. I saw very few people in shorts/sports attire in the dining room. The weirdest was a woman and her two little daughters wrapped up in towels. I don't know if they were just walking through or if they actually came to dinner that way. :eek::)

Finally, here are the promised Cruise Compasses!

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/MajestyCompass.pdf

And here's a link to the Taste of Tuscany menu.

http://www.susancrow.com/pdf/TasteofTuscany.pdf

Thanks so much forthe Compass info. I'm sailing in January as a solo so I really wanted to see what they had for activities.