Bermuda or Caribbean (again).....

firstcruiserDB

New to Celebrity and excited to try a new cruiseline.

We have traveled Carnival and RCCL many times to the Caribbean. We've done Eastern, Western, and Southern (all more than once), and feel like we need to move on to bigger and better ports!

The problem is.....We love the Caribbean life! We love the beaches, and just the overall "feel" of the islands.

So, we need your opinions!

We have booked the Summit to Bermuda next summer instead of ANOTHER Caribbean cruise. How does this trip compare to a Caribbean adventure?? What is alike? What is different?

Thanks for your opinions!:)

Have been to the Caribbean a number of times and Bermuda 7 times.

It is a completely different vibe, IMHO. If you are looking for a party atmosphere, Bermuda ain't it (except for a few instances, like the Frog and Onion in Dockyards and the Swizzle Inn(s) ). Bermuda is a much more laid back and retains much more of the British tradition than most areas of the Caribbean, including Grand Cayman and the BWIs. Beaches are generally quieter and, if you know where to look, can be very secluded. Bermuda is generally much more expensive than anywhere we have been in the Caribbean, with the possible exception of St. Barts.

Given the choice going forward, we would still always go to Bermuda, but that is just us.

Bermuda is exactly what you are looking for. It is very Caribbean with plenty of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen next to Hawaii. And maybe better than Hawaii. Where Bermuda is better in our opinion is that the Bermudians take very good care of their island. You won't see huts with extreem underclass people families. Every house appears to have fresh paint. When you learn that that most houses are over a 100 years old and many are 300 years old, you start to respect the pride for their island.

Bermudians are very friendly polite and not pushy at all. Shopping is a different experience than the Caribbean for that reason, at least to us.

The Summit is a nice ship as well. Be sure and add a couple days in New York City to make your vacation extra special.

Burt

Bermuda is clean. No beggars, and little crime if any. Evreryone speaks fairly good English.

Rather expensive

Safe.

If you live close to the east coast you can drive to the port.

The Summit is a M class and different that a S class ship, both have their own personalities.

Bermuda trips are in the summer and the Carribean is in the fall and winter months.

Can be a lot of children because school is out for the summer.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have been all over the Caribbean, just about everywhere. I have been to Bermuda about 50 times!

Bermuda is like going to Disney, the Caribbean is like going to Six Flags.

Bermuda is laid back & relaxing. Everything proper & respectable.

CaptDave

The best of both worlds is the 8 day reposition cruise from San Juan to Cape Liberty. It's usually the last week in April-first week in May. Done that itinerary twice on Princess and once with Celebrity. Celebrity has an over night in Bermuda. Princess does not offer the itinerary anymore.

Bermuda is a big change of pace from going to the Bahamas or on any of the Caribbean itineraries. The cruises that get there early on Day 1 and leave late in the afternoon on Day 3 are preferable because you have 3 good days to tour different areas.

As others have said and we will agree, Bermuda IS Expensive.

However, if you get a bus/ferry pass, that is reasonable and can be used as many times as you want for 1,2 or 3 days, whatever you buy. Also, internet time at the Dockyard is very economical and I could sit on an outside deck on the ship facing the port and get a good connection.

I have been to Bermuda twice on land vacations, and agree with all that was said above.

Based on what you have said, I think it is certainly worth a try. Bermuda is a lovely island. The beaches are beautiful, but be advised also that as it is further north than the Caribbean even in the summer it may not be as warm and balmy as you are used to. It may be, but there is a chance it may not be, whereas in most of the Caribbean you can expect very warm weather all year.

Going to Bermuda you obviously will only be visiting one island. Do you prefer more variety? Yes, you can go to different towns, but it is the same island (and a relatively small one at that). By beach scene, do you mean a very lively bar crowd type of beach thing? If so, then that is rare in Bermuda.

Do rocky seas bother you? You may have seas calm as glass, but statistically you are more likely to have rocky seas to/from Bermuda that in the Caribbean. No telling how they may be when you sail - can only talk of the statistical probability.

Do you like the port where the ship departs? Some people love New York (I think you said it sailed from there). Personally, I am a Midwestern gal and while I enjoyed my one visit to see the sights I'd only heard of, I have zero desire to experience it again. To others this would be a big plus. Depends what you like.