Booking On Board

sportsmum

When you book your next cruise while you are on board do you get extra credits? I thought I remembered reading that you got double the FCD credits if you did it while you were still on board.

If so, I would like to have my dates and cabin choices ready for next month so I don't waste holiday time.

Also, if I book onboard, and they give double credits, do I lose those credits if I transfer to a TA?

Before telling me to search the board, please have patience! My puppy just had surgery on both legs (genetic issues) and has to be still for 4 weeks or go in a cage with a cone. She's a Lab so is glued to me if I walk around. If we sit on the couch then she is quiet and doesn't have to go through that humiliation! The laptop is old with cracks and missing functions (like me) so I must ask what I don't remember. Thank goodness we can still find horse videos on youtube cuz she LOVES those.

Thank you.

You can book onboard and receive credits, indeed. Good news is you can book an "open" cruise - called a Future Cruise Deposit - that lasts up to 4 years for any cruise you eventually apply the credit to itself. You don't need to pick a specific cruise to receive the deal.

Also you can transfer the booking - either a specific cruise or an "open" cruise - to any TA without losing the credits. You can either give the Cruise Consultant your TA information for the booking or just transfer it later when you are back at home.

When you book your next cruise while you are on board do you get extra credits? I thought I remembered reading that you got double the FCD credits if you did it while you were still on board.

If so, I would like to have my dates and cabin choices ready for next month so I don't waste holiday time.

Also, if I book onboard, and they give double credits, do I lose those credits if I transfer to a TA?

Before telling me to search the board, please have patience! My puppy just had surgery on both legs (genetic issues) and has to be still for 4 weeks or go in a cage with a cone. She's a Lab so is glued to me if I walk around. If we sit on the couch then she is quiet and doesn't have to go through that humiliation! The laptop is old with cracks and missing functions (like me) so I must ask what I don't remember. Thank goodness we can still find horse videos on youtube cuz she LOVES those.

Thank you.

If you can get your Labrador to keep the cone on, you'll be my hero. Ours could strip the head cones off in one smooth moove, using a single paw. :)

Thank you! Yes, we usually pick up an open cruise deposit. I remember a while back reading that if you book while on board you can get double cabin credits.

ie: if we get $50 with the open cruise we would get $100 if we booked with the people on the ship.

We're pretty much set on a Panama Canal cruise this fall/winter and if I can get double credits then I will get people to nail down holiday time at work. If not I will wait and not pester.... though it's a shame to let such a talent go to waste.......

If you can get your Labrador to keep the cone on, you'll be my hero. Ours could strip the head cones off in one smooth moove, using a single paw. :)

I'm not sure it they had one on her during her overnight at the clinic or not. They charged me for one but we did not bring one home. She has 2 big Lab brothers who would make terrible fun of her. :D Her tail wags her so I can only imagine the fun she'd have trying to walk with her bum wiggling and the cone weighing her down! Also, she could not get up close to the laptop to watch the horses run on the Youtube!

Yours must be brilliant- my big boys would probably just sit and pout!

I can't answer your future cruise question but love the lab stories. Best wishes for fast healing to your 4 legged kid. It was our female who whipped her cone off, like your boys her brother would have just sat and looked sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haha, dog people are the best! Her older brother (4 yrs) has little tolerance for her all tongue and tail stage. The middle (also 4 but 3 weeks younger) is a yellow boy who babies her. The yellow didn't flinch when he watched her walk into the clinic. The chocolate, who we thought would be relieved, howled like he was in the throws of death. It was so loud the vet came out from the back and out to the parking lot to reassure him all would be fine.

Yes, when she got home he ignored her but slept soundly (snored) for the first time since she left.

Thank you! Yes, we usually pick up an open cruise deposit. I remember a while back reading that if you book while on board you can get double cabin credits.

ie: if we get $50 with the open cruise we would get $100 if we booked with the people on the ship.

We're pretty much set on a Panama Canal cruise this fall/winter and if I can get double credits then I will get people to nail down holiday time at work. If not I will wait and not pester.... though it's a shame to let such a talent go to waste.......

Haven't heard about the double credits like you're talking about. I've heard about people getting an email offer, upon their return home, that gives further OBC if you book your next cruise within 60 days. So, you may want to purchase the FCD and then book your PC cruise after getting the email at home.

Might it be possible that the double cabin credits you're talking about be the cruise day credits if one books a suite? That's different from OBC, though.

I hope your puppy gets better soon!

Ahhh! That's it!! Thank you- that jogged the memory! It was the PC that left a message on my machine saying double ?or extra? OB credits if I wanted to book with my FCD right away. That's where I heard it.

Okay, now no rush to get husband to book vacation time. He'll thank you too!

Haven't heard about the double credits like you're talking about. I've heard about people getting an email offer, upon their return home, that gives further OBC if you book your next cruise within 60 days. So, you may want to purchase the FCD and then book your PC cruise after getting the email at home.

Might it be possible that the double cabin credits you're talking about be the cruise day credits if one books a suite? That's different from OBC, though.

I hope your puppy gets better soon!

We are 3starMariners and we always will purchase deposits for our next cruise that you can take within 4 yrs. also we always receive a Thankyou from HAL on our last cruise in the mail and online with a credit for our next cruise when we book through them! Did our 24 day Mediterranean Cruise last year on July 26 -Aug 19th. Only if you book suits or penthouse will you receive double cruise days as well as charging 300.00 in charges for getting an extra cruise day on your trip! We had charged over 1,200.00 in cruise charges for that trip which included wine packages, dinners, and excursions. We also get 25% off of all since we are 3 star mariners which is a nice perk! On that cruise we deposited 200.00 for our next cruise which now will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in March 2015 for a 14 day Carribean cruise! Good program

remember. Thank goodness we can still find horse videos on youtube cuz she LOVES those.

Before telling me to search the board, please have patience! My puppy just had surgery on both legs (genetic issues) and has to be still for 4 weeks or go in a cage with a cone. She's a Lab so is glued to me if I walk around. If we sit on the couch then she is quiet and doesn't have to go through that humiliation! The laptop is old with cracks and missing functions (like me) so I must ask what I don't

Thank you.

What a wonderful mother you are to your puppy.

Hope she mends quickly.

It has been at least 6 years or more since we got a Thank you e-mail from HAL and had kind of an offer. And when we did get the e-mails back then -- no offers.

We will no longer buy future cruise deposits. We had a 21 day cruise last February -- FCD was $500 per person. We also bought HAL's premium insurance "cancel for any reason". Due to a major snow storm along the east coast many airports were closed for 4 to 5 days. We missed our cruise (and we were scheduled to fly down to Tampa 2 days early). To make a long story short -- we lost 10% of the cruise fare as well as the $1000 deposit.

We will no longer buy future cruise deposits. We had a 21 day cruise last February -- FCD was $500 per person. We also bought HAL's premium insurance "cancel for any reason". Due to a major snow storm along the east coast many airports were closed for 4 to 5 days. We missed our cruise (and we were scheduled to fly down to Tampa 2 days early). To make a long story short -- we lost 10% of the cruise fare as well as the $1000 deposit.

Since, by the time you canceled, you had converted your deposit into cruise fare, and since you had cancel for any reason insurance, you only lost 10% of the deposit, too.

You were refunded exactly what you agreed to.

Since, by the time you canceled, you had converted your deposit into cruise fare, and since you had cancel for any reason insurance, you only lost 10% of the deposit, too.

You were refunded exactly what you agreed to.

Not True!!

We questioned what HAL did, and our TA had HAL send detailed report of what we lost.

I'll just give rounded off numbers.

Cost of cruise $21000 -- lost $2100 there and on the line below that -- lost $1000 -- not 10% of the $1000.

It has been at least 6 years or more since we got a Thank you e-mail from HAL and had kind of an offer. And when we did get the e-mails back then -- no offers.

We were on the Oosterdam doing a 10 day cruise out of our home port in San Diego in 2012 when we placed our 200.00 FCD on the books! At that time we did not book on board our Mediterranean cruise till we decided at home which date would be best at that time! On cruise longer than 12 days your your deposit is more! We did spend another 800.00 on our deposit and we were fine. Now we are 4 star Mariners and even when we were not and just starting with HAL to this day we always receive credits that go towards our cruise! Right now my husband and myself have $75.00 a piece which will go to towards our 12.00 a day per person for our stewards! As prior you did receive accordingly with HAL

Not True!!

We questioned what HAL did, and our TA had HAL send detailed report of what we lost.

Cost of cruise $21000 -- lost $2100 there and on the line below that -- lost $1000 -- not 10% of the $1000.

I understand! I know that insurance you do not get refunded and yes you lost 10% of your cruise. With our 24 day cruise last July Barcelona to Venice even in circumstances where you lost a few days due to weather I would of flow to the next destination to pickup the cruise. At least for us since after the cruise we were still traveling another month! I do understand why you are leaving HAL

I didn't think you would lose the FCD too. Again, I guess I don't think it all the way through...... just assume (ya, I know) that common sense will win out in the end.

2012 was the last HAL cruise we took and Mr Bill gave us a call when we returned home. I also got an email saying we hadn't cruised in a while- we did 2 HAL cruises that year!- would we like to book.

The puppy is doing so well, too well. She just won't stop and she has to rest and not be on her little, repaired ankles. I don't believe we can last 4 weeks- there is a lot of puppy energy building and the sedation pain killers are getting low!! I also believe she knows I am showing her repeat horse videos. I may be in trouble soon.....

Not True!!

OK, I am confused. Was the cost of your cruise $21000 or $22,000? To me the deposit is part of the cost of the cruise - so I look at total cost. If the total cost is $21,000, it's 10%. The FCD or deposit is no different than the rest of the cruise once you get to cancellation.

hope I am making sense?

hope I am making sense?

You are making total sense. Once you're that close to sailing, you are no longer talking about "deposit"; you are talking about "fare". There is no more "deposit".

The puppy is doing so well, too well. She just won't stop and she has to rest and not be on her little, repaired ankles. I don't believe we can last 4 weeks- there is a lot of puppy energy building and the sedation pain killers are getting low!! I also believe she knows I am showing her repeat horse videos. I may be in trouble soon.....

I realize that the doggie updates are off topic, but DW & I love them. What kind of horse videos are the favorites? Maybe we can help you find more. ;)

Thank you.

Hang in there. My dog had to have surgery and while she is a dog she is a bundle of energy. It's a challenge but you can do it.

If the cone is just for licking, try a tshirt. My big dog Mav (RIP) wouldn't tolerate a cone but the tshirt did the trick.

Thinking of you in these trying times, but it will be worth it.

Best wishes for quick healing and smooth times for you.

Apologies for the thread drift

I am so appreciative that no one got mad because I couldn't search the answer myself! The big computer is downstairs and that can't be done at this time.

My boys LOVED t-shirts but baby girl had surgery on both back ankles and it's more of a 'don't move and put pressure on the ankles' thing. She doesn't like the sling for back end support either! I'm thinking you can sympathize Kazu! And, my sympathies regarding Mav. That's there are few things worse.

We're looking at running horse video's and anything with a good snort! I can get a few cruise jobs done in between - Alaska next month and Panama Canal searches for fall/winter. These silly questions keep coming into my mind and I have been out of touch with CC and travel for a year but it seems like forever!

Edited by sportsmum

I am so appreciative that no one got mad because I couldn't search the answer myself! The big computer is downstairs and that can't be done at this time.

My boys LOVED t-shirts but baby girl had surgery on both back ankles and it's more of a 'don't move and put pressure on the ankles' thing. She doesn't like the sling for back end support either! I'm thinking you can sympathize Kazu! And, my sympathies regarding Mav. That's there are few things worse.

We're looking at running horse video's and anything with a good snort! I can get a few cruise jobs done in between - Alaska next month and Panama Canal searches for fall/winter. These silly questions keep coming into my mind and I have been out of touch with CC and travel for a year but it seems like forever!

Ask away. Totally get the need to watch the dog.

It's not an easy task you have. My dog that had the surgery was the little one. She only weighed z38 pounds so I just carried her out for 8 weeks or so. Easier than the sling.

Hang in there. They understand and accept over time ( part of the time at least).

You will be rewarded when they are healthy again :)

This spring on the Zuiderdam when I went to buy a couple of FCDs for each of us, I was told if I booked a specific cruise we would receive 50% more in OBC. Since I knew we would be booking Bermuda as soon as I got home I took advantage of that offer and booked while on the Zuiderdam. Then I took the other FCD to hold for the future.

The booking was transferred to our TA with no loss of future cruise credit.

Something made me check the booking online a few days later and I discovered we were booked twice for the same Bermuda cruise with two different booking numbers---one cruise in the cabin we had chosen and one as a guarantee. That told me why we had not received confirmation of the remaining FCD in our mail slot. It was easily corrected with a visit to the booking desk.