!*! FREEDOM !*! Southern Caribbean 6/22/14 -Heavy on photos of 2.0 upgrades & menu

CleveCruiser

Thank you, thank you, finally a photo rich review of the Freedom with the 2.0 changes. It took a fellow (or sister) Clevelander to do it ! I was born and grew up in Cleveland, but moved away in1969 a year after we got married. Once a Clevelander, always a Clevelander.

We aren't going until the 12-13-14 date, but I love seeing reviews to keep me sane until our turn rolls around. Can't wait.

You are totally right, on the left is the same menu every night; I was lax in not photographing it at least once. :(

I remember some of it....It always had for starters: fruit salad, shrimp cocktail. And for dinner: salmon, grilled chicken, steak,

Good deal! I thought that it probably was and that since it stayed the same that you didn't bother posting it. ;) Thanks for the info. Loving the review!

Thank you, thank you, finally a photo rich review of the Freedom with the 2.0 changes. It took a fellow (or sister) Clevelander to do it ! I was born and grew up in Cleveland, but moved away in1969 a year after we got married. Once a Clevelander, always a Clevelander.

We aren't going until the 12-13-14 date, but I love seeing reviews to keep me sane until our turn rolls around. Can't wait.

Yea! Thanks! Cleveland is a unique city. We have a history and we have a lot to offer. FYI, we just blew up the innerbelt bridge (built a NEW one!).

GREAT!!!! looking forward to the rest of your review!

We go on the Freedom Aug 16th same 8-Day Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Thanks again for posting!!!!

You are going to love it (the itinerary..not my review; although I hope you like that too!). This itinerary hit a lot of bucket list items for us!

I'm sure I will,

and I LOVE your review too!!!!

This will be my first cruise and so looking forward to it!

I was just in Cracker Barrel last weekend and had to buy these two Tervis cups(1/2 off price)...

IMG_3549.jpg

Again love the review and keep posting more of those GREAT pictures!!!

Day 2: June 23 Sea Day 1

I cannot sleep very well away from home, I know there are no monsters under they bed, cause we had that JAMMED with empty luggage! I just take a couple days to acclimate.

I was up at 7:00. Just putzed around and snapped some pictures.

Alchemy Bar (It was hopping some nights, especially as the week went on).

DSC03319_zpsf65bf297.jpg

Warehouse Arcade; a large L-shaped room that snuggled behind the taste bar kitchen area.

DSC03317_zps383153fa.jpg

Red Frog Pub: more on this later !

DSC03316_zps4af0c0af.jpg

Viennese Cafe: excellent coffee (according to my sister - who likes her caffeine!). Saw her with a cup a couple of times.

DSC03314_zps7386859f.jpg

Delicious looking treats at the Viennese Cafe

DSC03407_zps758e4bb6.jpg

More delicious looking treats at the Viennese Cafe

DSC03405_zpsfeaad218.jpg

Sorry about the fuzziness; but these can be purchased at the Viennese Cafe. I thought someone might be interested in a specialty cake from Carnival. I think you can get them from Bon Voyage Gifts too? anyone?

DSC03406_zpsf725dc61.jpg

Everyone was up and ready for brunch by 9:00.

9:00 – Posh Dining room. Brunch.

The bread basket served: couple of croissants, banana bread, lemon bread, couple of danish (always cinnamon and lemon- no rasberry :o)

DSC03327_zps5d2acab0.jpg

DSC03331_zps12f336b1.jpg

DSC03332_zpsc10eee8a.jpg

OMG: this mac-and-cheese with bacon is so sinful, you need to eat it with your spiritual representative at the table to ask forgiveness IMMEDIATELY.

DSC03336_zps6ba2c1fb.jpg

Eggs Up, grilled tomato and lots of meat; must be my DH's plate (remember the Hampton Inn?!)

DSC03335_zps2d4326fd.jpg

Fruit and Cottage Cheese plate

DSC03330_zps165cac2c.jpg

11:00 – Endless Pool. We had our meet-n-greet from Cruise Critic (CC).

We wore blue and green beads and met at the aft (Endless) pool. HEY...that's piano-bar LISA!!!!

P6220047_zpsf4b0cfa9.jpg

P6220046_zpsaa554114.jpg

Brittany attended from CC and brought some gifts for us! Yea-who doesn't love a freebie! Luggage tags, pins, and magnetic bumper stickers.

DSC03346_zps812c676a.jpg

DSC03344_zps77d3dec9.jpg

We chatted a bit with people and made plans to meet the other CC folks going on the same tour as us tomorrow. A nice group of people, and I was glad I went. I wish I remembered more of their names to place with CC names. DH had an appointment in the Spa for a hair cut and came later; he is much better at names. I am a bit introverted, and we didn’t stay too long. We also wanted to see the cooking show.

12:00 – Sun King Steakhouse. We watched Chef Brandon and his crew compete for best sample in the steakhouse. It was enough food that none of us wanted lunch after! This is a nice, free activity that Freedom does. They try to sell you on making a reservation to the SK steakhouse, but they are not pushy at all - and they give some good tips, like how to make tiramisu for 842 people!

The "cookbook" program they give you; has all the recipes in it.

DSC03354_zps16cb8473.jpg

The girl in the red shirt was trying to keep the microphone by their mouth at all times. Got pretty amusing.

DSC03361_zps0674c241.jpg

Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken; sounds plain - but it was the moistest (is that a word?) chicken I ever had.

DSC03360_zps7c564369.jpg

Mushroom Cappuccino - Was a bit of a fancy mushroom soup.

DSC03358_zps4eb05a1f.jpg

They also served: Baby Leaf Spinach & Fresh Mushrooms; very good. I didn't want to bore you with a picture of spinach leaves. ;)

One chef was carving this during the show...and finished at the end; very cute and perfecting the Dr. Seuss theme (more on that later - suspense!)

P6220053_zpsa1e77def.jpg

I'm sure I will,

and I LOVE your review too!!!!

This will be my first cruise and so looking forward to it!

I was just in Cracker Barrel last weekend and had to buy these two Tervis cups(1/2 off price)...

Again love the review and keep posting more of those GREAT pictures!!!

Thanks again. Those Tervis cups are wonderful; on the hot deck...you have a cool, un-watered down drink!