The Bogoho Sale Ends, how did you fare?

We did very well on the BOGOHO sale. Booked a GS on a 9 day on the Liberty for a total fare for 2 of $3964. I just did a dummy booking and the total fare is now $6100 so we saved $2136. Both fares include all taxes and fees and take into account the CAS balcony/suite discount.

We booked the first day of the BOGOHO sale and noticed that prices increased several times during the sale, but not this much.

Edited by DebJ14

I'm a bit disappointed. We originally booked an ocean view window cabin on the BOGOHO and enjoyed the discount. However, we REALLY wanted an ocean view balcony to celebrate our anniversary. I looked at the prices on the 16th, and the discount was gone. I called them asking very nicely if they would honor it, as it was only a day late and they said no. So it was going to cost me $1200 more to move up to a balcony that I wanted.

We ended up changing our booking to the Dec 7th sailing instead of Jan 4th because we were able to get the balcony for the exact same price as the window one for the January sailing. I guess the disappointment is more in that we had to change our date and make it further away from our anniversary in order to get the room we wanted.

I'm hugely kicking myself for not splurging and booking the balcony on the BOGOHO the day earlier!! Oh well...the positive is that we are going sooner I guess.

Edited by life_dizzy

I'm a bit disappointed. We originally booked an ocean view window cabin on the BOGOHO and enjoyed the discount. However, we REALLY wanted an ocean view balcony to celebrate our anniversary. I looked at the prices on the 16th, and the discount was gone. I called them asking very nicely if they would honor it, as it was only a day late and they said no. So it was going to cost me $1200 more to move up to a balcony that I wanted.

We ended up changing our booking to the Dec 7th sailing instead of Jan 4th because we were able to get the balcony for the exact same price as the window one for the January sailing. I guess the disappointment is more in that we had to change our date and make it further away from our anniversary in order to get the room we wanted.

I'm hugely kicking myself for not splurging and booking the balcony on the BOGOHO the day earlier!! Oh well...the positive is that we are going sooner I guess.

Keep watching the prices. You might find that the balcony price does come down on the January sailing.

Keep watching the prices. You might find that the balcony price does come down on the January sailing.

Actually, it was $1200 more for an inside balcony, and $2000 more for an outside one that we wanted!

Watch for the price to go down...That's exactly what the Royal agent told me. But I am an excessive & obsessive planner, and I honestly just cannot handle the whole watch and wait thing!! haha...I might still look sometime out of curiosity, but I'll just have to remember that I can enjoy either way! :)

Edited by life_dizzy

Before the sale the sailing on the Oasis we were watching for February was about $3,000 for 2 people in an ocean view balcony. With the sale we booked for $2,200. Now the price is up to $3,700 which is just insane! We still aren't 100% sure we can go but for that price I am holding the reservation. I can't imagine the current prices won't drop.

Yup, BOGO is definitely gone now. Sniff, sniff. I'm gonna miss it. :) Current total for B1 balcony for Oct. 31, 2015 Oasis is $2765 for 2 with D+ balcony discount.

I thought BOGO was going to continue for the 2015 and 2016 sailings - just stop for this year. Guess I was wrong? (I missed the boat, you might say.:()

Kathy

I thought BOGO was going to continue for the 2015 and 2016 sailings - just stop for this year. Guess I was wrong? (I missed the boat, you might say.:()

Kathy

The BOGOHO for 2015/16 sailings was originally scheduled to expire on 5/31, but they extended it to 7/15. The BOGOHO for 2014 cruises expired on 6/30.

The BOGOHO for 2015/16 sailings was originally scheduled to expire on 5/31, but they extended it to 7/15. The BOGOHO for 2014 cruises expired on 6/30.

Thanks. Don't know what I was temporarily thinking. I knew that. I'll just wait for the next big sale.

By the way, it's funny how people were grousing about the fact that BOGOHO was not really a good deal. Different story now.:)

I booked 2 during the sale, a Canada/New England cruise for Oct, 15 and a New Zealand cruise for Jan, 16. Prices for those two post sale are $750 and $1800 higher, respectively.

Curiously, I had a Panama cruise for next Mar booked when the sale started and sale prices were never lower than what I booked at. Every time I checked the sale price, it was almost $1000 higher than what I booked at (I booked it while on board Radiance last year). Now the post sale price is almost $4000 higher. I'm not sure I'll ever figure out Royal's pricing but I'm convinced it pays to book early.

I wonder how this sale will do for Royal's bottom line in the end. On one hand, they've sold a bunch of cabins well in advance. The discount we received is offset by higher base fares in many cases (supply and demand). Loyalists have booked extra cruises, non-loyalists have leaned in for the sale, and others have decided ito dip their toes in the water. We were planning to do Celebrity Bermuda Repositioning in 2016, even have gift certificates, but BOGOHO was too good to pass up. ;)

On the flip side, if your cruise jumped $200 between pre to post BOGOHO, the ships will begin to book slower than it would have otherwise. If the early bird gets the worm but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese, this is the case where you want to be the early bird! :)

We originally booked our 2013 cruise on Freedom but had to postpone it last year due to my company lay offs. I started up my own Sales Agency this year, and in 2014 we have so far cut down our $3300 price for 5 in a Family Promenade Stateroom to $2460 remaining, less our deposit...big reason we fully plan on taking the trip this year even though I am just starting my business. If we wait until 2015 no way to know we will get the same deal, and it's a shame to let it go..

I just checked our rates, it is now about $500 higher than it was with the BOGO sale. It was the sale that got us to try RC for the first time, I'm sure it won't be the last :D

Us too. I had 2 different cruises in mind. Both same itinerary. One was Carnival Breeze which had been our favourite ship to date and the other was the Sunshine. We didn't sail Royal before because there was no water slides for our DS. Not because we didn't like the line.

Then I popped on Royal just to check it out and there was a Canadian resident sale going on and the price was too good to pass up. Even though we've done 2 of the 3 ports we will be doing on the Allure it was still an incredible price. Much cheaper then both Carnival sailings. That day our B1 boardwalk balcony cabin on the Allure was the same price as an ocean view on the Breeze.

The day after I booked with the resident sale the price was $528 higher. Then it jumped to $548 higher and now since BOGO ended it's $1100 higher.

If the price wasn't so great at that time I may not have booked with Royal.

I'm am so happy we did.

Since our son is now at an age where he is big enough to enjoy the other activities beside the required water slide on previous cruises ;) I think we may now have a new cruise line to explore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is this Canadian Resident Rate? Where do I find all of the sales/deals you all chat about???

Holy Crap-e-Oly :eek:

B1 Boardwalk Balcony Stateroom / Feb 2015 / Allure

May- Canadian Resident sale

Guest #1 $1570 - $613 resident discount =$957 plus $129 tx =$1086

Guest #2 $1570 - $613 resident discount =$957 plus $129 tx =$1086

Guest #3 $679 plus $129 = $808

Resident sale stateroom total $2980

What is this Canadian Resident Rate? Where do I find all of the sales/deals you all chat about???

You can use Royal's website to do a mock booking on a particular cruise. There is a section entitled "Tell us about your booking". Select your province in the drop down box that says "What state or province do you live in".

Edited by clarea

When we sailed on Allure very recently we booked our next cruise for February 2015 on Indy for 8 days; yes the pricing was part of the BOGO sale.

If prices go down, they would have to go down more than $1285 to make sense for us to cancel and rebook...that is how much the discounts and OBC total, not counting the OBC that we are also getting from our TA.

Prices have gone up on this cruise already.......so we have done well.

The Canadian Resident sale ended in May for our Feb Allure sailing.

I'm not sure how long it was on for or when they will run it again. Just keep an eye on their website. There was just one for the Oasis.

We've lucked out on our last 2 cruise.

We booked Disney Cruiselines with the Canadian Resident Rate and saved 25%

For this one..It seems like the Canadian Resident Rate saved us about 39% ..odd number... mind you that is in Canadian funds so the currency comes into factor.