Crown Princess

NOSaints1

We have sailed a few times on the Crown. Most recently we spent 49 days on her sailing South America. I blogged about the voyage and the ship extensively.

We will also be sailing on her in September for a California Coastal.

We would not hesitate to sail on her again and again, any day on a ship is better than a day at work.

What airlines can you book with EZ air, is it just the majors or can you book Jetblue and Southwest as we'll?

I have seen flights on JetBlue but not on Southwest who I believe only books flights through their own reservation system.

Edited by Astro Flyer

A quick couple questions that I figured I could ask here instead of starting my own thread.. We are booked on this ship in January.

One of the people I am cruising with is in a wheelchair. To be blunt, she has "toddler" legs, which are useless(but explains limitations for her).

We have heard that certain areas of the ship are inaccessible to her in the chair. Does anyone have a list of places that would be impossible for her to attend??

What about tenders?? One of our ports is Santa Barbara, and I have heard that the Crown's tenders do not permit wheelchairs. She can't get on the tender any other way???

This ship can be very crowded at times. I avoid the ship and would not recommend it to friends.

All ships can be crowded at times, even the Golden and Sapphire, which are both smaller than the Crown. The trick is to find when most of the passageway to eat, then go either earlier or later... that goes for all ships. Of course, the ships that won't have this problem are the Pacific and Ocean... which carry 650 passengers but are more expensive.

Not questioning ... just wondering WHEN are both Crown & Ruby doing the same dates with exactly the same itinerary. :confused:

LuLu

They are also doing the Pacific Coastals next March from LA. One on the 21st and the other on the 28th. I only know because I was looking into these as well.

All ships can be crowded at times, even the Golden and Sapphire, which are both smaller than the Crown. The trick is to find when most of the passageway to eat, then go either earlier or later... that goes for all ships. Of course, the ships that won't have this problem are the Pacific and Ocean... which carry 650 passengers but are more expensive.

I have cruised on the Golden and Sapphire many times and it was never as crowded as the Crown was. Honestly, on my vacation, I shouldn't have to adjust when I want to do something to avoid crowds when there are ships that have far less people and a better space ratio. There are better ships out than than the Crown, such as the Golden and Sapphire.

The only ships that I've seen for the intenerary were thinking of is the Crown or the Ruby.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are pretty much identical. You should have the same experience on both ships. May not be ideal but if those are your choices it doesn't really matter.

My first Princess cruise was this past April on the Crown for the coastal cruise. I loved this ship as well as the Princess experience. I have cruised with RCCL 10-12 times. I cancelled an RCCL cruise for this upcoming Oct. and replaced it with a Princess cruise. I will still cruise RCCL, but I REALLY enjoyed the more adult/conservative atmosphere on Princess.

Does anyone have a cruise consultant they can recommend and why you would recommend them. Thanks

No can do. It's against the rules of Cruise Critic. Sorry.

Technically it's even a violation to ask a question about travel agents: "This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Edited by Astro Flyer

Oh sorry I've seen lots of people on the Carnival thread asking for their PVPs. So how do you go about getting one. This November will be our 3rd on Carnival out of San Juan. The thing we liked about this cruise that we're looking at booking was that it was 300 cheaper than Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This ship can be very crowded at times. I avoid the ship and would not recommend it to friends.

Hmmm, you mentioned at times. How many times have you sailed the Crown? I'm sorry to hear you experienced crowding? Was it a cold weather cruise? I've cruised the Crown and never felt crowded. Were there some waits, yes as there can be on any mass-market cruise.

Hmmm, you mentioned at times. How many times have you sailed the Crown? I'm sorry to hear you experienced crowding? Was it a cold weather cruise? I've cruised the Crown and never felt crowded. Were there some waits, yes as there can be on any mass-market cruise.

Michelle, I've sailed 12 day (Quebec/FLL Oct 2011) & 32 day (Med/TA Dec 2012) on the Crown Princess which were cold weather cruises & we could always find a quiet spot. As you know it's impossible to not have crowds "at times" on any ship when too many passengers want to do the same thing at the same time.

Edited by Astro Flyer