Explore4 is Returning

LAFFNVEGAS

Lisa - I posted the following yesterday. The prices I checked were HAL internet prices with my Mariner number and all were Caribbean cruises (14 to 24 days). My results were not the same as yours, however I am glad you found many cruises that had no pricing increase.

My post yesterday: "On the day Lisa posted her first message on this thread I randomly selected 4 cruises I thought we might be interested in for 2015. According to her list they qualified for E4 so I priced them out. Today I compared those prices to the current pricing and ... surprise - today's prices were all $400-$800pp more.

So ... I doubt we will see a price increase for E4 when it is announed. I think it already happened!

Has anyone else been checking prices?"

Yes, a transatlantic we were looking at was about $400 less pp for a veranda cabin early last week. It seems to have jumped about a week ago. We don't drink alcohol anyway and even I can't drink enough fancy coffees to make it worthwhile.

We noticed the same thing on our last Celebrity cruise. They offered a similar perk and the prices had gone up accordingly. We were glad we had booked before the "sale" and got our better price.

Edited by sunviking90

The beverage card is not included in the Australian Explore 4 card either. :mad:

What are the 4 things that you get an part of the offer? It just seems wrong to deprive you of the beverage portion.

What are the 4 things that you get an part of the offer? It just seems wrong to deprive you of the beverage portion.

The Dutch offer (translated);

1. Free Stateroom upgrades*

2. Free Pinnacle Grill dinner*

3. Reduced prices for 3/4 guest*

4. Flexible booking*

Not very impressive.

4. Flexible booking*

Not very impressive.

No, not at all. :(

Sorry, my mistake the Aussie explore 4 deal is

Free stateroom upgrade

Free dinner at pinnacle grill

50% reduced deposit

And suite offer free cannalotta dinner and $150 OBC each for 2 people in suite.

Still not impressed.:mad:

I do 't understand why different countries have different deals, it's not as though we can book through an american site. I love HAL and they are my preferred line, but actions like this makes me consider going back to Celebrity.

We are booked with Nieuw Amsterdam for the 14 day Western/Eastern Caribbean Cruise. I just saw the Explore 4 program. We placed a deposit almost a yr. ago on this cruise, have a balcony and last week I ck daily for price reductions and since I booked it has never gone down, and it jumped $200.00 PP.

Question? We are 3 Star Mariners does't make a difference, but can I call and ask for the Promo? Or is it for new bookings only?

Thanks to anyone who can tell me:)

Denise

4. Flexible booking*

Not very impressive.

Same thing here in Belgium :mad:.

Would it be possible to make a booking in an US travel agency?

a gimmick..doesn't interest us as we're not big drinkers...cruise prices go up.. you get nothing for nothing.. sort of like getting free wine and alcoholic beverages on premium cruise lines like Oceanic--you are paying for it upfront...no free pass

We are booked with Nieuw Amsterdam for the 14 day Western/Eastern Caribbean Cruise. I just saw the Explore 4 program. We placed a deposit almost a yr. ago on this cruise, have a balcony and last week I ck daily for price reductions and since I booked it has never gone down, and it jumped $200.00 PP.

Question? We are 3 Star Mariners does't make a difference, but can I call and ask for the Promo? Or is it for new bookings only?

Thanks to anyone who can tell me:)

Denise

Denise it never hurts to call and ask. We booked our 2015 while onboard this March and had it immediately assigned to our TA. Last week she informed us that we could get the Exp4 (just as this past year) but that it couldn't be "confirmed" until the launch date 7/26. Yesterday (7/26) the price of our cruise went up on HAL's site so I guess in our case the jury is still out. The "Terms" do say for New Bookings so if HAL makes her "rebook" us at the higher cost it's a NO as we just don't drink enough booze for the cost difference.

Oh and I don't believe the Mariner status has any bearing. If you call them please come back and let us know the outcome.

I appears to be a $50 pp daily beverage limit if I read it correctly

Not really. This is from the Terms and Conditions:

"Free Signature Beverage Package is available only to ocean-view and above category staterooms. The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages priced $7.00USD or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes beverages priced over $7.00USD and purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. ... Signature Beverage Package has a retail value of US$50 per person per day, including service charges."

So it's a max of 15 beverages priced $7.00 or less per day.

It was nice of HAL to EXCLUDE those who book INTERIOR staterooms from the 'new' Explore 4! :(:mad:

This time around the deal does work for. Our party includes 3 balconies for our kids along with our Neptune. The kids will definitely take advantage. My pcc emailed me a couple of days before it was active. The deal is for new bookings so we rebooked the 3 balconies with a lower deposit so we come out way ahead.

This time around the deal does work for. Our party includes 3 balconies for our kids along with our Neptune. The kids will definitely take advantage. My pcc emailed me a couple of days before it was active. The deal is for new bookings so we rebooked the 3 balconies with a lower deposit so we come out way ahead.

Glad to hear it. Good for you! :)

A big difference from the previous deal is that it includes the Caribbean cruises. Ours is a southern Caribbean over Easter next spring. Btw we kept our Neptune booking intact as we had several retreat cabanas and excursions on the books and did not want to hassle with rebooting those. Before anyone asks.... we did need to Redbook at the new fare in spite of what others have stated about how their pcc handled the inclusion of explore.

Dennis

Same thing here in Belgium :mad:.

Would it be possible to make a booking in an US travel agency?

Nope, unfortunately. Even if you do find an agency that will take your business, Holland America may (or will) deny you boarding if you do not present proof of a US resident address!

It seems unfair that residents of Holland, Belgium, and Australia don't get the beverage package. It's the part of the promo with the greatest value - unless the room upgrades are spectacular.

I guess it's time to mobilize the "Beer for Belgium," "Drinks for the Dutch," and "Alcohol for Aussies" protest brigades. ;)

Nope, unfortunately. Even if you do find an agency that will take your business, Holland America may (or will) deny you boarding if you do not present proof of a US resident address!

HAL will NOT deny them boarding, they just will not pay the agency commission or they will recall their commission that may have been paid if they find out from the online registration that they do not reside in the US or Canada. If an agency is found they are doing this frequently they could lose selling privileges and or the percentage they are paid commission. HAL has been known to request proof of residing in the US or Canada for those that do not have passports for those countries such as Utility bill, bank statement or a US or Canada ID card.

If you are already booked you DO NOT have to rebook to get the Explore4 added. I know of a case just yesterday the price dropped $50.00 per person but they lost a $100 PP SBC but they were netting the Explore4 for $50 more PP.

We booked a "B" cabin last month thru a TA for the 14 day Ryndam Carib cruise departing 2/15. Checked out the HAL site today - with the Explore 4, booking direct thru HAL the same cabin would cost us about $2200 more. No amount of booze or "freebies" can make that up. I will call the the TA tomorrow on the off-chance that she can get it for us, but won't hold my breath.;)