Are They Measuring Drinks on FotS?

We are trying to decide if we should get the package or not. If they are still doing free pours, we don't need it. If they are measuring, that is a horse of a different colour. So we would appreciate it if folks recently off the Freedom could let us know what sort of measure we can expect.

We are trying to decide if we should get the package or not. If they are still doing free pours, we don't need it. If they are measuring, that is a horse of a different colour. So we would appreciate it if folks recently off the Freedom could let us know what sort of measure we can expect.

I don't remember seeing any measurement last month. BUT, many of our drinks were during shows or at dinner so we didn't see them actually made. The few we got from the bars I don't remember seeing measurements.

I remember reading here on Cruise Critic recently that someone had seen a notice that RC bartenders were now being instructed to use measured pours.

I have never had a problem with drinks being weak on RC. Quite the opposite.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I was on the Grandeur a couple of weeks ago.

I witnessed exactly what I expected:

Someone ordered a drink. The bartender grabbed the appropriate bottle with one hand, and his little bartender's measuring cup with the other.

He then poured the booze into the measuring cup...........and just kept on pouring, overflowing the cup.

:D

He then poured the booze into the measuring cup...........and just kept on pouring, overflowing the cup.

.....so while they may in fact be measuring the pours, that doesn't necessarily mean they are measuring as intended - or maybe just using the shots to make sure the over pours are consistent....:D;)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I remember reading here on Cruise Critic recently that someone had seen a notice that RC bartenders were now being instructed to use measured pours.

I have never had a problem with drinks being weak on RC. Quite the opposite.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I was on the Grandeur a couple of weeks ago.

I witnessed exactly what I expected:

Someone ordered a drink. The bartender grabbed the appropriate bottle with one hand, and his little bartender's measuring cup with the other.

Ha ha brilliant :D