Royal/Regal angled balconies and the wind factor

JudithLynne

This week, we are going to book an angled balcony minisuite for a Caribbean cruise next year on the Regal. The ship is wide open at this time with all minisuite midship cabins open including the 72 sq ft ones, which is what we want. If we get a forward facing balcony, will there be a problem with wind from the motion of the ship? If so, we could look at an aft facing balcony, but would prefer forward. I am really interested in hearing from those of you that have been in an angled balcony and what your experience has been and any recommendations that you would have. We are looking at Caribe, deck 10, port side.

Would appreciate any feedback, thank you so much….

Judith

There will be more wind, but it may be welcome, if it's hot enough! You will probably escape some of the blowing when sitting next to your balcony door....being at the railing is where it's really strong.

Hi,

We cruised aboard the Regal Princess in early June. Our stateroom was a mini-suite with an angled balcony (R415) that faced aft. There was no wind problem and we liked the location of the stateroom. Also, we enjoyed the larger balcony. The mini-suites on this ship are very nice.

Chuck

Forward facing could face wind issues. I was in L108 for 25 days and loved the cabin - BUT - on windy days(especially at night), the wind made a kind of droning noise that was so loud I couldn't sleep. Also the floor and bed vibrated. A call to pax services (who in turned called the bridge) mostly remedied it by changing direction by a smidge. Just be aware of this if you book a forward facing cabin.

We were in A415 last November and had no wind problems. You have people on the glass walkway looking down at you but that was not a problem for us. We loved the cabin and the Royal Princess.

the wind issues are probably the same, port or starboard, but another question?

Has anyone who has had one of these cabins on the port side, below the seaview bar noticed or had issues with noise from the seaview bar above these cabins ?? thanx, mike in CT

And also a quick question... There are no more angled midship minisuite balconies on the cruise I am looking at. Are all those midship minisuite balconies larger or just the angled ones?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app