What makes Cruise Critic special?....The People!

kazu

I agree. Cruise Critic is my "go to place for all things cruising," and the HAL board is the best.

One of the most active on CC.

We cruised MSC earlier this year, their forum is like a mortuary.

One of the most active on CC.

We cruised MSC earlier this year, their forum is like a mortuary.

Slightly OT: we need more threads on here! If anyone has a thought that might be interesting to chat about as we while away the time between cruises- give it a whirl! It just might catch on.

Totally OT: how was MSC? I loved Lirica a long time ago and am thinking about MSC again this winter.

Hi Jacqui, just reading this, sorry to hear about your injury. Feel better soon.

I have been away from the boards for a while, no HAL cruises planned :( I just came back recently to pop my head in, say hi and ask for information about our up coming cruise (on another line). Glad to see that most of the people I remember and who were very helpful are still posting. I so agree with you about this board being like "home" I feel the same way too. I'll try to keep up with it more often. I just sort of faded away when I felt I didn't have any updated information to offer.

It's people like you who offer so much useful information that make this board a great place to be.

Again...feel better and speedy recovery :)

Hi Jacqui, just reading this, sorry to hear about your injury. Feel better soon.

I have been away from the boards for a while, no HAL cruises planned :( I just came back recently to pop my head in, say hi and ask for information about our up coming cruise (on another line). Glad to see that most of the people I remember and who were very helpful are still posting. I so agree with you about this board being like "home" I feel the same way too. I'll try to keep up with it more often. I just sort of faded away when I felt I didn't have any updated information to offer.

It's people like you who offer so much useful information that make this board a great place to be.

Again...feel better and speedy recovery :)

Josie, you're family around here. One thing Kazu has restored that Donna started was including other cruise lines in the future cruise listings for family. Please feel free to share your plans on the future cruise threads.

Roy

Josie, you're family around here. One thing Kazu has restored that Donna started was including other cruise lines in the future cruise listings for family. Please feel free to share your plans on the future cruise threads.

Roy

Ditto:D

Please don't even hesitate to post on the FCL:)

Roy

Ditto:D

Please don't even hesitate to post on the FCL:)

AWWWWWW :o you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy.....we need a group hug emoticon!

I would add a few. Both halfacts and the future cruise project were started by others, I know of GmaPajama and English_in_Spain on the future cruises and Sppunk helping get halfacts off the ground as well as Joanie for providing the service for several years and providing the inspiration.

This generally seems to be one of the friendliest forums. It's the only one where I've met several people I haven't yet cruised with (Joanie, Shiela, Kazu).

It's a really nice community where I think people are inspired to help out.

Roy

Great post, Roy.

Next time we are down around Baltimore (often since it's so close) we should try to grab dinner. I'd love to meet the man behind all those blogs I've read. ;)

Great post, Roy.

Next time we are down around Baltimore (often since it's so close) we should try to grab dinner. I'd love to meet the man behind all those blogs I've read. ;)

If you have plans to be in the area, send an email to rafinmdcc-info AT yahoo DOT com.

Roy

I've found the information that all of you have kindly shared invaluable. Sometimes you've had to say it hundreds of times before I've read it but the generosity of your collective spirit is not lost on me.

Thank you. :)

What makes Cruise Critic special? That's easy: it's like walking into Cheers every day. I can almost hear the names called out as we enter. :D

Now, another question could be which character are you? But let's not go there on this thread. ;)

What makes Cruise Critic special? That's easy: it's like walking into Cheers every day. I can almost hear the names called out as we enter. :D

Now, another question could be which character are you? But let's not go there on this thread. ;)

We always call out your name when you enter Ruth:D:D

While Carey and I have temporarily gone to anther line for our cruises I still think of the HAL board as "home". Over the years I've made many friends here. Some we've cruised with, some I communicate with off line, and some are friends just from sharing here. Sure there have been situations that have made me maybe pull back and take a break but on the whole I've always enjoyed my time spent on Cruise Critic.