Aqua Class question - first time celebrity poster -

cb3thatsme

Hey everyone quick question we are a family of 5 if we book 2 staterooms 1 aqua class and 1 not can we all dine in Blu?

With them not having many staterooms that accommodate 5 I can't really tell what the policy's are! (If this has been posted please forgive me I couldn't seem to find it)! Looking at the Celebrity Reflection in particular if that matters...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately for you, NO.

Only the aqua cabin guests may dine in Blu. And you probably cant just get two aqua cabins since there are 5 of you and aqua cabins are limited to two.

You could however get a suite, even an aqua suite on reflection.

Thats your best scenario.

I was thinking that as of now those aqua suites are double occupancy only. On order for five people to fine in Blu you would need either 3 Aqua rooms , or one AQ and one triple occupancy Suite, and even then, dining in Blu is not guaranteed, it's in a space available basis, although I imagine that they will work very hard to make it possible to dine together as long as they can be flexible in their dining time preference.

Thanks everyone! I will be interested to see what happens I didn't know that the Aqua Class was changing...

It seems odd to me that they only let the Aqua class have 2 passengers and suite passengers can't dine in Blu? I mean honestly its not a big deal at ALL but seems funny to me I guess just a perk for couples... I think Celebrity Aqua class would be excellent for a honeymoon!

Anyway... I bet we will just end up in a veranda room and an inside and do the specialty dining package :D I consider myself (and my family) foodies so I am really looking forward to Qusine! and Murano!

We won't sail this year so it'll be either next or early 2016 but I'm always reading and trying to squeeze in my next cruise lol

Aqua Class isn't changes on Reflection, and Reflection only, there are Aqua Suites, which is a combo of a suite with Aqua Benfits. As of April 2015, these cabins are going to be reclassified as S1 Sky Suites.

In general, Suite passengers do not have a problem dining in Blu, and it has been reported less and less as of late, however, it can be more crowded, especially on Relfection.

Ultimate dining or other specialty packages are good options. The food on board, especially in the specialty restaurants is good to very good, and service is generally excellent, but I would not consider it gourmet, and not necessarily fit for a foodie. Quisine is very fun, especially for group but do not think it will be molecular gastronomy. It is a very varried menu with fun presentations, but most dishes were not oustanding on any visit.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Aqua Class isn't changes on Reflection, and Reflection only, there are Aqua Suites, which is a combo of a suite with Aqua Benfits. As of April 2015, these cabins are going to be reclassified as S1 Sky Suites.

In general, Suite passengers do not have a problem dining in Blu, and it has been reported less and less as of late, however, it can be more crowded, especially on Relfection.

Ultimate dining or other specialty packages are good options. The food on board, especially in the specialty restaurants is good to very good, and service is generally excellent, but I would not consider it gourmet, and not necessarily fit for a foodie. Quisine is very fun, especially for group but do not think it will be molecular gastronomy. It is a very varried menu with fun presentations, but most dishes were not oustanding on any visit.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the help :) I honestly take service / atmosphere into account with any meal so I'm glad to here you say service is excellent!

You could book a suite that sleeps 5- then dining in blu together wouldn't be a problem. Some RS and possibly PS can accommodate 5 passengers.

That's a good idea! I'll have to call and price that out too! I've just heard some really great things about Blu and would love to try it!

:confused::confused::confused: Why don't you just book a Family Veranda??? Huge living/dining area, two separate bedrooms, 575 sq. ft. (larger than two separate rooms which are 194 s. ft. each)

If you haven't even decided which cruise yet, you should be able to snag one--only 4 on each S class ship. Go for Deck 8!

:confused::confused::confused: Why don't you just book a Family Veranda??? Huge living/dining area, two separate bedrooms, 575 sq. ft. (larger than two separate rooms which are 194 s. ft. each)

If you haven't even decided which cruise yet, you should be able to snag one--only 4 on each S class ship. Go for Deck 8!

This won't give the OP access to Blu, which was the original point of the post.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

This won't give the OP access to Blu, which was the original point of the post.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Not necessarily--sounded like the OP wondered what would be available for a family of 5--if they MUST eat in Blu, this would not work, but it's an ideal solution for all their other requirements, and had not been brought up yet. Just trying to add another possibility into the mix that they might not have known existed, since they are a self-described "first time Celebrity poster."

Edited by CathyCruises

Thanks everyone I didn't realize that they had family verandas - I do appreciate all of the help! Blu would be a nice bonus but not a must - I've just heard good things so I'd love to try it however I've heard great things about the dining as a whole on celebrity anyway!

We have cruised Aqua only once. There were no children in Blu on that cruise. Have other cruisers dined with families w/ children in Blu?

We'll be cruising Aqua again in September and will have a chance to observe if families are dining in Blu on the Solstice.

We have cruised Aqua only once. There were no children in Blu on that cruise. Have other cruisers dined with families w/ children in Blu?

We'll be cruising Aqua again in September and will have a chance to observe if families are dining in Blu on the Solstice.

While it is possible to have children in Blu, it is extremely rare. They would need to either be staying in a suite, or with a single parent as Aqua Class rooms are double occupancy only. If a family larger than 2 was going to try and dine in Blu, it would have to be a suite, or set-up in multiple rooms.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Yes, I have seen children in Blu. I sailed Sihlouette last year and was

in AQ and I remember seeing a family with teens in there. So, they

were either 1) in a suite or 2) Had multiiple cabins in AQ.

Agreed. AQ cabins are for two people, there is no age requirement. But on the whole you will see mostly couples, or groups of couples. I would guess they made it that way because Blu would not be big enough to fit more passengers if they allowed 3rd and 4th passengers in AQ rooms (and the spa area would also be more crowded). Perhaps if they exclude suite guests from Blu because they have their own suite restaurant that could change. But I just can't see them taking a perk away from suite guests.

Blu would be a nice bonus but not a must -

That's the right attitude. Some people love it, others are not impressed. Personally, I thing Blu has gone downhill, but to each his own. We do like the venue, but the food...?

Thank you everyone! With all the talk of no kids it makes me wonder do you think there is enough for kids on any of the Celebrity Ships? Ages 10 - 12? I know its geared to adults and I'm not asking if its Disney but still is there stuff for them to do? I know the website says there is but do any of you have any experience traveling with children on celebrity?

It all depends on when you're cruising and the number of days of the itinerary. If you're cruising when school is in session, the number of school age kids is very low, sometimes there will be no school age kids on board. And if your cruise is longer than 7 days, there will be very few, if any, kids, especially during school times. We were on Eclipse last year, on their 14 day cruise, and there were no kids other than babies and toddlers.

Of course, Celebrity isn't like Royal Caribbean or Carnival, where they have all the bells and whistles that kids love, but if you're cruising during school vacation time, there will be enough to do.

Edited by cruisead

Thank you everyone! With all the talk of no kids it makes me wonder do you think there is enough for kids on any of the Celebrity Ships? Ages 10 - 12? I know its geared to adults and I'm not asking if its Disney but still is there stuff for them to do? I know the website says there is but do any of you have any experience traveling with children on celebrity?

What itinerary are you considering, dates, and how long of a cruise?

If you are considering the Caribbean, then I would hands down tell you that the kids at that age would LOVE Oasis/Allure. Any younger and I would tell you to go Disney but in the 10-12 bracket...Oasis class. Amazing ship for a family trip.

...Ultimate dining or other specialty packages are good options. The food on board, especially in the specialty restaurants is good to very good, and service is generally excellent, but I would not consider it gourmet, and not necessarily fit for a foodie. Quisine is very fun, especially for group but do not think it will be molecular gastronomy. It is a very varried menu with fun presentations, but most dishes were not oustanding on any visit.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

"Not fit for a foodie"?

I'm foodie who has made chocolate spaghetti to go along with my homemade vanilla ice cream and cubed sponge cake, but still enjoys a chocolate dipped ice cream cone form McD's.

I think a foodie would very much enjoy what is offered in Blu, Murano, and Qsine. At Qsine the emphasis is more on presentation and fun, and as far as flavors go it depends on your background as to if you will find something unusual or different.

If you a a foodie I think you will enjoy the food offered all over the ship. Even the Oceanview Cafe has a variety of tasty, fun, and different options.