Carribean Princess 7/12-7/19

Commodore12

We have just returned from our 7 day cruise and to be bluntly honest i have a hard time believeing some of the entertainment staff still have jobs. They are nice people and interact well but act like everyday is the first day on the job. They don't seem to remember how to hook up equipment, act like they have no clue what is going to happen tomorrow, and appear to be disconnect from the event they are running. This does not apply to all but just a few. The musicians were on their game , they were great. If you were ever in the karoke events you will know what i mean. They were not paying attention to the participants or even had a clue if it was the wrong song and they came unglued if you set down the microphone. Anybody else notice this

We have just returned from our 7 day cruise and to be bluntly honest i have a hard time believeing some of the entertainment staff still have jobs. They are nice people and interact well but act like everyday is the first day on the job. They don't seem to remember how to hook up equipment, act like they have no clue what is going to happen tomorrow, and appear to be disconnect from the event they are running. This does not apply to all but just a few. The musicians were on their game , they were great. If you were ever in the karoke events you will know what i mean. They were not paying attention to the participants or even had a clue if it was the wrong song and they came unglued if you set down the microphone. Anybody else notice this

We were on the same cruise, and I agree with what the Commodore says about the Entertainment Staff. Additionally, they did not rotate the entertainment in the main piazza. Every evening it was the same steel guitarist (who was very good,but variety is the spice of life). In addition, my other complaint was about bar service in the Princess Theater and at the aft pool, it was very understaffed. No telling how many drink orders were missed.

The end of the negatives. Our cabin steward Joel was as close to perfect as can be. Attentive, friendly but not intrusive. He was exactly right.

If you get a chance, go to the wine tastings, they are informative and fun. You will find Ignacio from Chile very entertaining to his "Happy People"

We were Anytime dining and ate in the dining rooms every night. My dinners were very good to excellent. One secret, order your meat one level of doneness below how you like it. For example, for a medium rare steak, order rare. This will compensate for the traveling time between kitchen and service.

We really enjoyed the 2 illusionists and most of the other entertainers were very good. In San Juan go see the Flamenco guitarist. His show is wonderful. (A warning and teaser- his dancer's costumes are pretty revealing :) )

I, too, was on this cruise and didn't notice any problems with the entertainment staff. All the "shows" I went to were fine. Mind you I didn't attend any Karaoke (except the tail end of one and that seemed fine). I attended all but one of the shows in the theatre, bingo, Marriage Match, the quest and others and never saw any problems.

The cruise was really nice and I had a great time. The cruise director, Lee Childers, was fine - not fantastic but ok.

I found that the Piazza had considerable variety. Yes, the steel drummer did play there several times, but he also played at other venues as did many of the entertainers.

We had fantastic weather. It only rained once - just before we disembarked at San Juan and it stopped before we got off the ship.

The food was really good and there was lots of selection. My friend is a vegetarian and had no trouble finding something to her liking in the dining room or at the buffet. We did not try the premium restaurants. We enjoyed our waiter, Chris Napay from the Philippines, too much.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by essgee_ca

We were on in May and experienced the same thing at karaoke...couldn't hook up the equipment then couldn't find songs etc...but never a tech problem at the art auction!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on CB for two weeks and found the same thing. The entertainment was seriously lacking and the CD was practically non-existent. There were very few activities on the 2 sea days as well.

We had a great time- staff and service were outstanding (with the exception of a very few) and the ship is in good shape.

We just got off last week and everything was TERRIFIC...however we did not go to any of the shows in the theater, but heard the same thing about the shows. We did enjoy an evening of jazz in Crooners which was very pleasant. The mariachi band was great as well as the man playing steel drum. This ship has seen great improvements in all areas, but apparently is lacking in production shows. Perhaps they were all new hires or just an off night. It happens.

Edited by kendon