Does THIS mean a price drop in the works?

remydiva

It seems to me that often when Ii am online at princess.com, and I am 'cruising' looking for a deal, an itinerary or a dream, I get THIS message under the pricing

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later. You may also call 1-800-774-6237 for further details.

Has anyone ever kept track whether or not this means :

1. just regular 'maintenance' of a certain cruise (this is not a message that is throughout the website...just on a couple of cruises or dates) OR

2. does the price DROP or offers change when these cruises prices do become available for viewing??

seems to be happening more and more often IMHO so just wondering :confused:

Was thinking of changing back to a mini and got this message for Pacific Princess for all 3 dates left this month. Called Princess they said the trips were all sold out. Just as well it was just a momentary panic attack booking a balcony. TA said I will not be happy with this size. Little she knows I am happy with anything as long as I'm at sea, no cooking, cleaning or making the bed. What's to be unhappy about :).

Typically it means (as noted) the cruise is sold out or approaching sold out and they either have closed it or need to balance out the GTYs to see what is available before reopening it. A price drop is not likely.

If it is a cruise with several segments, it can mean Princess is holding back cabins as the other segments fill. For example, a transatlantic cruise with embarkation in Copenhagen, Berlin, and St. Petersburg or a Panama Canal cruise with embarkation in Vancouver, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. While trying to book one segment might show most or all cabins not available or sold out, it might just mean they are held for the other segments.

Edited by billco