What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

I think RC will abandon PC before Miami IMO . If anything maybe enchantment will come down.

PC has more than one ship sailing from her. SO even if they move Enchantment to Miami, they will not be abandoning that port.

There are good reasons to keep both ports as sailing points.

PC has more than one ship sailing from her. SO even if they move Enchantment to Miami, they will not be abandoning that port.

There are good reasons to keep both ports as sailing points.

I was NOT referring to "sailing port" i was referring to the 3/4 day itinerary .

Isn't that what we're talking about ?????

Why do people feel they need to keep Key West? Alot of cruise lines have abandoned Key West because of the port, Key West needs to eventually dredge and build up the port to handle bigger ships if they want that revenue.

No, a lot of cruise lines have not abandoned Key West. In fact, Key West is on more itineraries now than ever before. Every major cruise line sailing out of Florida and the Gulf Coast goes to Key West except Princess.

Maybe, just maybe, if Bermuda screws things up RCI does in fact keep both Q Class ships in cold weather ports (UK) sending one to the Baltics in place of Brilliance, and maybe bringing Brilliance to another cold weather port to fit in Bermuda, Bayonne, in place of Anthem!!!! Interesting! But then how does RCI compete with the NCL mega ships doing the Bermuda runs? Lots of questions... no answers :p

But let's keep this thread on Majesty :)

p.s. rubbrick has posted several times re: a Voyager Class ship in Miami over the last couple of months or so. I would really like to know what he knows ... or who he knows ;)

Sounds like Adventure. If they put a Adventure (or any other Voyager Class ship) in Miami to do the 3/4/5 days runs, it will be a big hit with new and seasoned cruisers!

No, a lot of cruise lines have not abandoned Key West. In fact, Key West is on more itineraries now than ever before. Every major cruise line sailing out of Florida and the Gulf Coast goes to Key West except Princess.

Thanks. That had me scratching my head too. I don't know any line that's abandoned Key West, let alone "a lot" of them.

Sounds like Adventure. If they put a Adventure (or any other Voyager Class ship) in Miami to do the 3/4/5 days runs, it will be a big hit with new and seasoned cruisers!

I'm leaning toward Adventure too, and not just because Rick said it earlier. ;)

There was a reason they tested the port with Mariner a couple years ago. They wouldn't have done that if there wasn't an ambition to bring Voyager Class to Key West.

Yep.

• Grandeur will stay in Baltimore imo
  • Enchantment will continue the 3/4 runs in either PC or Miami
  • The only ship left in the entire fleet not spoken for in port schedules around the world seems to be Adventure.

So it's either Adventure, or RCI abandons Miami altogether, or they pull out a real huge surprise out of their hat in a few weeks (especially if Bermuda confirms no dredging and Anthem is pulled out of Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!! Adventure could go to Bayonne so that they can do Bermuda runs rather than allow Anthem to do weekly 7 day constantly deeply discounted trips to PC/Nassau & Cococay). I think this Bermuda non-dredging issue could be a really big deal again this year that could cause a ripple effect with various ships being deployed where we're not expecting them to be.

IMHO the possibility that Adventure sails from Harwich in 2016 is not to exclude, since Brilliance is very likely moving to Barcelona in 2016 (12 night runs), and another ship for Harwich is needed - IMHO, Adventure is the only remaining possibility.

Looks like that either the short Bahamas sailings from PC or Miami will be dropeed down - I think Enchantment switches to Miami and PC is just used as turnover port for 7 day runs (currently offered by Freedom, from April 2016 very likely by Oasis).

Thanks. That had me scratching my head too. I don't know any line that's abandoned Key West, let alone "a lot" of them.

I'm leaning toward Adventure too, and not just because Rick said it earlier. ;)

There was a reason they tested the port with Mariner a couple years ago. They wouldn't have done that if there wasn't an ambition to bring Voyager Class to Key West.

Not only can she do the Bahamas runs, but also a 4 day to Key West & Cozumel or a 4 day to Labadee.

Not only can she do the Bahamas runs, but also a 4 day to Key West & Cozumel or a 4 day to Labadee.

I firmly believe that a rotating A/B/C itinerary such as you described is key to making a Voyager class ship work. This would lead to more people doing B2B's and keeping the ship operating closer to capacity more consistently, in my opinion, than just continuing to do the same itinerary as Majesty.

It could go something like this

Week 1 - Coco Cay, Nassau, Key West

Weekend 1 - Coco Cay, Nassau

Week 2 - Sea day, Labadee, Sea day

Weekend 2 - Coco Cay, Nassau

Week 3 - Key West, Cozumel, Sea Day

There are so many combinations here that can result in B2B or B2B2B. And I truly believe people will pay a premium for a Voyager class ship compared to Carnival and NCL.

The only problem with that itinerary is it requires leaving KW early. KW would be a short port call. Currently, ships heading to Cozumel after KW leave around 2:00. Ideally, that would be a 5 night itinerary with a sea day between KW and Cozumel.

The only problem with that itinerary is it requires leaving KW early. KW would be a short port call. Currently, ships heading to Cozumel after KW leave around 2:00. Ideally, that would be a 5 night itinerary with a sea day between KW and Cozumel.

You are right. I parroted Carnivals 4 day KW/Coz itinerary. They do in fact leave KW early on those days.

Is KW to Grand Cayman shorter sailing distance? That could be a possibility. The idea being to have more varied and unique itineraries versus the current 3/4 day offerings.

I personally think that from 7-2 or 7-3 is more than enough in Key West.

Is KW to Grand Cayman shorter sailing distance? That could be a possibility. The idea being to have more varied and unique itineraries versus the current 3/4 day offerings.

Oh no, that's much further. About the only other port that could be added is Havana....but that ain't happening anytime soon.

I like that Labadee route though! :)

Oh no, that's much further. About the only other port that could be added is Havana....but that ain't happening anytime soon.

That's funny. This was going to be my comment.

However, depending on how politics go, it's not insane to think Havana could become a reality sooner than most people would think.

I'd book a cruise today if Havana or Santiago were an option. I highly doubt that I'm alone in the cruising universe on that one.

Havana won't happen anyway, port to shallow and a tunnel prevents dredging. There is a commercial port somewhere nearby

I'd book a cruise today if Havana or Santiago were an option. I highly doubt that I'm alone in the cruising universe on that one.

I'm certain you're right. But even politics aside, Havana has some logistical challenges ahead of them. I know the old Crown Princess (now Arosa Blu) visits Havana and she is 70,000 GT. I think that's about the biggest ship the terminal can handle.

Havana won't happen anyway, port to shallow and a tunnel prevents dredging. There is a commercial port somewhere nearby

To be fair, many cities listed as ports of call aren't where the port is.

Since it's also fair to assume that somewhere in the neighborhood of 99% (or more?) of US cruisers have never been to Cuba, I'd say that "Havana" works for anywhere in the vague general vicinity.

I remember us posting the track from marine traffic dot com and tracking her all the way from Galveston. I guess/hope we are finally just a couple of weeks from finding out. If they do put Mariner here, or a Voyager class I would probably do my first B2b in 2016

You are right. I parroted Carnivals 4 day KW/Coz itinerary. They do in fact leave KW early on those days.

I like that idea if its physically possible.

I'm certain you're right. But even politics aside, Havana has some logistical challenges ahead of them. I know the old Crown Princess (now Arosa Blu) visits Havana and she is 70,000 GT. I think that's about the biggest ship the terminal can handle.

Even in a Commie country, money talks.

You open up Havana to NCL, Royal, Celebrity, Disney, Carnival, HAL, Princess, etc. and (especially in a country where the labor is 100% guaranteed to be do it for the bare minimum cost possible) a port that holds 25 Oasis-class ships might appear in 90 days! HAHAHA

Obviously, that's hyperbole, but to completely ruin the Fields of Dreams quote:

"If you come, they WILL build it."

I remember us posting the track from marine traffic dot com and tracking her all the way from Galveston. I guess/hope we are finally just a couple of weeks from finding out. If they do put Mariner here, or a Voyager class I would probably do my first B2b in 2016

Here's a link to that thread. It shows webcam photos of Mariner coming in, turning around, and leaving.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1620531

You open up Havana to NCL, Royal, Celebrity, Disney, Carnival, HAL, Princess, etc. and (especially in a country where the labor is 100% guaranteed to be do it for the bare minimum cost possible) a port that holds 25 Oasis-class ships might appear in 90 days! HAHAHA

Ha! True. :D

Edited by Aquahound

I firmly believe that a rotating A/B/C itinerary such as you described is key to making a Voyager class ship work. This would lead to more people doing B2B's and keeping the ship operating closer to capacity more consistently, in my opinion, than just continuing to do the same itinerary as Majesty.

It could go something like this

Week 1 - Coco Cay, Nassau, Key West

Weekend 1 - Coco Cay, Nassau

Week 2 - Sea day, Labadee, Sea day

Weekend 2 - Coco Cay, Nassau

There are so many combinations here that can result in B2B or B2B2B. And I truly believe people will pay a premium for a Voyager class ship compared to Carnival and NCL.

This is a totally awesome idea... Royal are you listening??

If I can do a Cococay/Labadee b2b on a Voyager Class ship out of Miami I'd be 100% booking that, and definitely not looking to see going on Majesty one last time before April 2016... I'd let Majesty go and book a 7day b2b on the newly deployed Voyager Class. For the record I'd still want Navigator with Sabor & Florider, more cabins added = more revenue, etc

Great idea LMax!

This is a totally awesome idea... Royal are you listening??

If I can do a Cococay/Labadee b2b on a Voyager Class ship out of Miami I'd be 100% booking that, and definitely not looking to see going on Majesty one last time before April 2016... I'd let Majesty go and book a 7day b2b on the newly deployed Voyager Class. For the record I'd still want Navigator with Sabor & Florider, more cabins added = more revenue, etc

Great idea LMax!

They could bring back Song of Norway; if they did that itinerary out of Miami I'd book it.

My thought immediately was CCL's new port/pier in the Dominican: "Amber Cove". CCL is now using Cococay... maybe there can be a trade-off somehow?

I'd love to see Labadee and Amber Cove but I think that would need 5 night sailing. And in the same thought pattern as Cococay above, maybe RCI can do a deal to use Turks & Caicos with CCL as the trade off to make things interesting.

ie. Does this below sound feasible you guys who know distances to these ports? I would book below on the first day avail, and add 3-day b2b to Cococay/Nassau.

• day 1 leave Miami,
  • day 2 T&C noon-7pm
  • day 3 Labadee 8-5pm
  • day 3 at sea

My thought immediately was CCL's new port/pier in the Dominican: "Amber Cove". CCL is now using Cococay... maybe there can be a trade-off somehow?

I'd love to see Labadee and Amber Cove but I think that would need 5 night sailing. And in the same thought pattern as Cococay above, maybe RCI can do a deal to use Turks & Caicos with CCL as the trade off to make things interesting.

ie. Does this below sound feasible you guys who know distances to these ports? I would book below on the first day avail, and add 3-day b2b to Cococay/Nassau.

• day 1 leave Miami,
  • day 2 T&C noon-7pm
  • day 3 Labadee 8-5pm
  • day 3 at sea

Usually there is 1 sea day between Miami/P.E and G.T.