Juneau Whale Watching Review - Harv & Marv

deannad

Just returned from the Amsterdam and I plan to post a full review, but I just want to thank those who recommended Harv & Marv for our whale watching in Juneau!!!

I am so glad we went with Harv & Marv. We had a party of 6. Captain Liz was very knowledgeable and super sweet to my almost-80-year-old Dad who had the time of his life.

It was so nice the way the boats "share" information with each other. We headed East and saw some sea lions, but no whales. Someone called Liz to report humpbacks around the corner and we made it in time to watch 8-10 humpbacks bubble net feeding. She moved us around to great angles to get good photos! I know this isn't "everyday" behavior - a huge treat for us! As though this wasn't thrilling enough, Liz got another call about some Orcas and hauled it over there. The Orcas weren't quite as "photogenic" (ie predictable for photos) as the humpbacks, but it was so exciting to see those gorgeous animals.

Just can't thank Liz enough. Other companies saw the same whales we saw, but our experience on the small (only our party of 6) boat was SO much better. You could see the folks on the larger boats jockeying for position near the rail while we were comfortably sprawled out on our little private vantage point!

The bus driver (Clare?) was very entertaining and the reservations folks/pier greeter were also very nice. Highly, highly, highly recommend these nice folks!

Great review and wonderful to hear. We are booked already for next summer with Harv and Marv and this makes me feel so good I have reserved with them. We are excited and look forward to this amazing excursion!

I hope my excursion pick in Skagway is just as good, I have picked TNT tours Emerald Lake tour. We want to see as much as the territory as possible. They have fantastic reviews so I am going with what I have read here and on trip advisor! Again, thanks for the review.

I'm booked with them for next summer too and I am looking forward to sailing with them!

My previous 3 trips have been with Captain Larry and I highly recommend them. Just thought I would see things from a different perspective this time :)

When will you be there next summer? What ship?

We are on the Holland Ossterdam, July 26th. Just wondering.

Glad you hear you like this company so much!!!

I'm on the Star Princess July 18 - sailing southbound from Whittier. :D

Thanks so much for the review! We will be with them in a few short weeks!

Mimc424: I see we are on the same ship. We are going on a Harv and Marv excursion also. What time are you scheduled? Just wondering if we happen to be going together.

Very well may be. There are only two of us, so we would have 6 total for the small boat. How exciting would that be. This is our first time to Alaska we are celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary.