Extra room keys

Rocu1

Hi there! We are travelling on Celebrity Equinox this Saturday 26th July and it was a last minute booking so I couldn't get the staterooms on the same decks. The problem is that there are 6 of us including two 17 year olds and they had to be booked separately, one in each room with an adult because they are under 18! It's ridiculous but anyway they are obviously not interested in sharing with the adults so I was wondering what we can do about either getting extra room keys or else swapping the room numbers on their ship ID card. Do you think they will do it for us?

Thanks a mil.

Rosie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the OP, please come back and let us know if it worked out. I am in the same situation as you are however, will be on the Eclipse and leaving in March 2015. Thanks and enjoy your cruise. :)

Seen this done numerous times and done myself in occasion

Not a drama extra room key from pursers desk is all you need

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a problem. After boarding, just go to the customer service desk and ask for an extra key to each room. This extra key only opens the door; it cannot be used to charge onboard purchases or to get on and off the ship.

The person who changes rooms will have to carry two cards, the "extra" key to open the door to the room that they are staying in, and the original key for onboard purchases and at the gangway when getting on/off.

It is our experience that the cruiselines no longer issue new ID cards to the people who moved, so you can't get the ID cards switched. Getting extra keys is the only way we've been able to handle this situation recently on several cruiselines.

Edited by DonnaK

As the others have said, once aboard, they don't care where you sleep. You can go to the Front Office and have cabins and keys switched around to whichever way you want it.