Now you see it...now you dont Standby!

remydiva

Moments ago....Just got a flash sale email 70% off standby fares.

One looked interesting (Sept 8 Iceland-Norway) but the listed price in the email said $1699 for balcony. I logged in (yes I did too as it said 'Sign Out' beside my name in 'Welcome Mrs X'

The price there showed $1868 (not $1699)...I continued to see what cabins were available at the lowest price $1868 and there were only 4 cabins.

I then checked the airfare prices and by the time I got back, you guessed it...gone.

I am somewhat surprised that a group email was sent out when only 4 cabins were available in a certain category...my experience has been that there were more available before Princess did one of these sales.

oh well...:o

Moments ago....Just got a flash sale email 70% off standby fares.

One looked interesting (Sept 8 Iceland-Norway) but the listed price in the email said $1699 for balcony. I logged in (yes I did too as it said 'Sign Out' beside my name in 'Welcome Mrs X'

The price there showed $1868 (not $1699)...I continued to see what cabins were available at the lowest price $1868 and there were only 4 cabins.

I then checked the airfare prices and by the time I got back, you guessed it...gone.

I am somewhat surprised that a group email was sent out when only 4 cabins were available in a certain category...my experience has been that there were more available before Princess did one of these sales.

oh well...:o

Found it on the Ruby. Interiors from $1499 OV sold out Balcony from $2699

I guess woulda coulda shoulda

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I AM the general public...Princess sent the email to me...this was not just from their website...if that was what you meant.

hardly a sale when only 4 balcony cabins open...sure other categories but not what I was interested in.

oh well...

Could be others saw the good price and booked before the email was sent out. I was looking online at the Caribbean Princess cruises this morning and saw a great price, so booked immediately. About 15 minutes after I booked, I got the Sale email that you got with the sale price on the cruise I booked. Just all done by chance.

Could be others saw the good price and booked before the email was sent out.

I read recently on another cruise line forum that emails such as these often go out in different "blasts". In other words, they are sent out at different times. Is it possible many others received the same email (and jumped on the deals) before the OP ever received it?

I learned the hard way several times, if you see it click on it and hold it! :D

Because it will probably be ghone the next time you look at it. :rolleyes:

That is what I do, click on the cabin I want us to have that way it won't be sold from underneath of you. Then either call Princess direct or continue the booking. If I remember right, Princess will hold that cabin for 3 days until it cancels by itself if you don't put a deposit on it. Someone here on CC please correct me if I am mistaken about the amount of days.

That is what I do, click on the cabin I want us to have that way it won't be sold from underneath of you. Then either call Princess direct or continue the booking. If I remember right, Princess will hold that cabin for 3 days until it cancels by itself if you don't put a deposit on it. Someone here on CC please correct me if I am mistaken about the amount of days.

On last minute bookings like this, they often will only hold it for that day. I think normal bookings they hold for 3 days.

I agree - if interested, call Princess or your TA and hold it while you look for air.

I just booked a 7 day California Coastal, Sept 27, 2014, based on this E Mail from Princess. The price was actually $100 less than the E Mail blast. Still tons of balcony cabins available. even forward and aft on Caribe deck.

Stan

WOW! What a difference a few hours can make! Still lots of balconies available, but the price is now $240 pp higher than earlier today. I should have checked before I sent the earlier message.

Stan

I was getting standby cruise emails for awhile but I don't get them any longer. I wonder if it because I never took advantage of them. I wouldn't mind getting them again as you never know when there is going to be something stellar. I guess I will need to go on Princess' site and request again to be sent standby deals.